Any members in for an air rifle postal match?

All shooting sports - ISSF/ IPSC/ HFT/ Sporting Clays etc.
Olly
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Olly » Mon May 07, 2007 11:44 am

OK, I'm in !! with Abhijeet lending me the gun... :evil:

I could suggest the members of Delhi and around to shoot at the Shooting Range of Siri Fort Sports Complex, together if possible... on a suitable day...

For Advertising mail webmaster
dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Mon May 07, 2007 12:46 pm

Okay will submit a group at ten meters.
I will be using imported scoped .22 air rifle.

Plus I will compete in air pistol .177 imported.

Will you do the group measuring thingie Rusty cause I don't have one of them verniers. Will a scanned bullseye target .
The groups are to be shot standing off hand? Okay will do either with Abhijeet or Anupam at Siri Fort.

Dev
New Delhi
Last edited by dev on Mon May 07, 2007 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Mon May 07, 2007 12:51 pm

Oye you are welcome as soon as you agree to pass your best score as mine ;-).

Dev.
mundaire";p="19487 wrote: Rusty, how about increasing the range for scoped guns as opposed to giving a penalty? Say 10m for unscoped and 25-30m for scoped... Just thinking aloud here...

Also, in the same vein, should the penalty on diopter sights and scopes be the same? Does not add up...

In retrospect I second Rusty's proposal of self evaluation and keeping that in mind, I'd be glad to participate as a contestant... ;)

Name: Abhijeet Singh

Categories: .22 air-rifle (foreign make) - open sights
.22 rifle (Indian make) - open sights
.22 rifle (foreign make) - scoped (not sure on this one, but will see if it works out)
.177 pistol (foreign make) open sights - intend to borrow Dev's Baikal for this one! - Dev you have been warned! ;) :mrgreen:

Cheers!
Abhijeet

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Re: Any members in for an air rifle postal match?

Post by kanwar76 » Mon May 07, 2007 1:50 pm

Hey Mehul gr88 initiative,

I am also in

Name: Inderjeet Singh
Air rifle: Foreign .177 or .22

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Mon May 07, 2007 1:51 pm

Dev,

Do your own scoring. A scale would be fine.

You can put up pics of your targets if you like.

Group size to be mentioned as centre-to-centre. For those who don't know how to do this, measure the longest distamnce across your group and then deduct the calibre. For instance, if you shoot a 10 shot group admeasuring 25mm with a 4.5mm calibre airgun, then deduct 4.5 from 25. This will give you a centre-to-centre group size of 20.5mm.

Please remember to add the penalty points, if any, to your c-t-c group size. Children who are 15 years or below should deduct 5mm from their group size but must add the penalty points if required.

I will start a new thread. Please post your results there.

Mack The Knife

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Mon May 07, 2007 1:58 pm

dev";p="19528 wrote: Oye you are welcome as soon as you agree to pass your best score as mine ;-).

Dev.
Careful what you wish for buddy... as you might just get it! ;) :lol:

Moving this thread from "general ramblings" to the "non-issf sports" section.

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Mon May 07, 2007 2:50 pm

Thanks for explaining the scoring process. I am really excited now and can't wait for a chance to get some groups. I think it is reward enough to have an excuse to waste lead ;-).

Dev
Mack The Knife Bana";p="19533 wrote: Dev,

Do your own scoring. A scale would be fine.

You can put up pics of your targets if you like.

Group size to be mentioned as centre-to-centre. For those who don't know how to do this, measure the longest distamnce across your group and then deduct the calibre. For instance, if you shoot a 10 shot group admeasuring 25mm with a 4.5mm calibre airgun, then deduct 4.5 from 25. This will give you a centre-to-centre group size of 20.5mm.

Please remember to add the penalty points, if any, to your c-t-c group size. Children who are 15 years or below should deduct 5mm from their group size but must add the penalty points if required.

I will start a new thread. Please post your results there.

Mack The Knife

conty1
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by conty1 » Mon May 07, 2007 10:53 pm

I am in and am including my dad as well...

Name: Amit Contractor
Categories I shall be participating: Foreign make sporting air rifle (depends on what Mehul provides) :)

Name: Suresh Contractor
Categories I shall be participating: Foreign make sporting air rifle

- Amit

Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley.

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Tue May 08, 2007 9:03 am

Jumy,

Believe it or not, you may end up shooting better groups than me. :D If you're going to take the pains to go and watch someone shoot, why not try taking a few shots at a target yourself? I don't know if you;re aware of this, but with small calibre and low recoiling rifles, women are vastly better shooters than most men are. Or, maybe, you're being nice and don't want all of us to look bad! :lol:

Anupam/Dev,

Thanks, guys! Good to see you participate! As I said, this is a fun match and the more the participants, the better. 8) Now that we're going to self score, there is no need to worry about volunteers for scoring.

Amit,

Surprise, surprise, our good friend may be back in Naperville this weekend, which means he will be shooting along with us. :D Will arrange an air rifle for all of us. I am particularly happy that your dad would be shooting with us. That is fantastic! Also, I hope it is a hint to other participants. :D

Inder,

I hope you're not mad at me for giving your travel plans away! :D We'll be looking forward to your trip here and yes, we'll have good fun like before!

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Tue May 08, 2007 12:26 pm

mehulkamdar";p="19623 wrote: Inder,

I hope you're not mad at me for giving your travel plans away! :D We'll be looking forward to your trip here and yes, we'll have good fun like before!
Mad tell me about it.. :evil: :evil: BTW I told amit also :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

It’s not finalized yet as my boss is traveling (He is the one who will approve my exchange and tickets) but if not this week then next week.

And regarding air-rifle.. You going to order one for me this time :wink:

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

jumq
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by jumq » Tue May 08, 2007 1:48 pm

Hey Mehul..

That was a good bout of encouragement from your end. Thanks . :) Would certainly love to go and view the shoot ( but was mistaken as i thought it was taking place on " shooting ranges " at respective places) and only later was it brought to my notice that ' ranges' techincally refers here as home turf .. and how do i participate when the only time i have got close to any guns / pistols / rifles are in the museums :roll: .. But have promised myself of getting into shooting as sport someday when i have acquired enough knowledge of the gadgets to do so .. Infact , as inane as it may sound, after going thru Rustom's posts whereby he displayed his calculations of targets was really interesting, its not only shooting thats takes my attention but the target point calculations as well ( with an instrument that seemed like vernier caliper to me) . To a novice it showed pretty tense formula calculations ( or am i mistaken here .. :wink: )

As for your assumptions or pure facts on woman being better shooters, i second that statement head on, not that I have read preview to justify but our breed is plainly and unarguably best at everyhting .. :) :wink: . Infact at ARC ( Amateurs Riders Club ) in Mumbai and Al Ahli Club in Dubai , woman riders hold more championship trophies towards the season much to dismay of our male contestant who feel we owe our winnings to our anorexic weights ( like it was even true..lol ), but who cares, we still win.. :D

Sid_kapur30
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Sid_kapur30 » Tue May 08, 2007 2:15 pm

Hey count me in too
could some one please tell me when is it happening i am from noida near delhi so if i could join some one to see them shoot only, not take part as i am yet to buy a rifle :)

thanks

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Tue May 08, 2007 5:07 pm

I already had a go with the air pistol off hand and the group is not worth talking about ;-). But I should have a decent one by the fourteenth.

dev

mehulkamdar";p="19623 wrote: Jumy,

Believe it or not, you may end up shooting better groups than me. :D If you're going to take the pains to go and watch someone shoot, why not try taking a few shots at a target yourself? I don't know if you;re aware of this, but with small calibre and low recoiling rifles, women are vastly better shooters than most men are. Or, maybe, you're being nice and don't want all of us to look bad! :lol:

Anupam/Dev,

Thanks, guys! Good to see you participate! As I said, this is a fun match and the more the participants, the better. 8) Now that we're going to self score, there is no need to worry about volunteers for scoring.

Amit,

Surprise, surprise, our good friend may be back in Naperville this weekend, which means he will be shooting along with us. :D Will arrange an air rifle for all of us. I am particularly happy that your dad would be shooting with us. That is fantastic! Also, I hope it is a hint to other participants. :D

Inder,

mehulkamdar";p="19623 wrote: Jumy,

Anupam/Dev,

Amit,

Inder,

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Tue May 08, 2007 9:26 pm

Jumy,

The only time I ever tried to ridde a horse, he didn't seem too happy to have me on his back. :lol: I stuck to iron horses after that and never looked back. Which reminds me that I need to get a license over here and buy one!

As far as small calibre rifles are concerned, women are usually better in international competition because this is a deliberate and slow sport where your only competition is with yourself when you shoot. Men do get distracted far more easily, boys will be boys after all!

What we are suggesting here is a fun match that anyone who has an air rifle could participate in at their own convenience and in their homes if they have a 30 plus feet long space with a safe backstop to shoot in. Many of our members do not own firearms but most own air rifles and that is why we would like to have a fun match where a vast majority of us could participate. If you would like to participate there is no shortage of places where you could get an air rifle cheap in both Mumbai and Dubai. I am sure that Abhijeet would happily recommend somewhere and some models to check out if you're interested. Please do think about it.

Dev,

Don't feel too bad about your groups. I haven't started shooting yet! :mrgreen:

Cheers!

Yaj
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Yaj » Wed May 09, 2007 9:31 am

Mack The Knife can I use my .25 and be clubbed with the .22 cals ?

Regards,
Yaj.
The more people I meet,the more i like my dog!