JAPALOUPE MEET - JAN 13, 2013

Past and future planned - events/ outings/ training sessions/ offline meets/ camps/ matches etc.
Yogeshpagedar
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: JAPALOUPE MEET - JAN 13, 2013

Post by Yogeshpagedar » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:44 am

Thanks a lot to the organizers , who made this wonderful event so successful.

A very big Thanks to all the gun owners who shared their guns with no hesitation.

Looking forward for more such & frequent events.

Cheers,
Yogesh Pagedar

For Advertising mail webmaster
brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:49 am

pratik_mahale wrote:One more thing I forgot to share
As few of us having PH & IHP Springer’s & all other members have TX200, Benjamin Marauder, AirForce Talon ,FX , Doc’s personal PCP , RWS recoilless side lever & many more but each & every member allowed us to shoot with their guns without any hesitation

It was like a dream to shoot with so many imported air guns :agree: Briha

Once aging thanks to all
:cheers:
> BTW - The Orions & Pegasuses stood shoulder to shoulder with those International ARs when it came to plinking Beer cans at 40yds & 60yds - especially those with scopes fitted on to them.
Briha

fantumfan2003
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fantumfan2003 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:05 pm

More pics are delayed as AGN's home www connection is not working :-(

M.
fantumfan2003 wrote:AGN hurry up...................

Seriously, they should be out for your viewing pleasure by tonite.......

M.

Moin. wrote:Dang I missed the meet. We've been discussing this for weeks if not months. Where are the rest of the pics,pics people, more pics.. Or the Simpsons Lynch Mob will get ya !!!

[ Image ]

Best Regards
Moin.
As an example of overcoming adversity, Karoly Takacs has few peers. He was part of Hungary’s world champion pistol-shooting team in 1938, when an army grenade exploded, crippling his right hand. Ten years later, having taught himself to shoot with his left, he won two gold medals in the rapid-fire class.

Darr ke aage jeet hai

Moin.
Poster of the Month - Sep '11 & Apr '13
Poster of the Month - Sep '11 & Apr '13

Post by Moin. » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:09 pm

fantumfan2003 wrote:More pics are delayed as AGN's home www connection is not working :-(

M.
fantumfan2003 wrote:AGN hurry up...................

Seriously, they should be out for your viewing pleasure by tonite.......

M.

Moin. wrote:Dang I missed the meet. We've been discussing this for weeks if not months. Where are the rest of the pics,pics people, more pics.. Or the Simpsons Lynch Mob will get ya !!!

[ Image ]

Best Regards
Moin.
So it will be AGN who will be burned at the Stake if the pics are not uploaded by tonight. :mrgreen:
In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. Camus

essdee1972
Veteran
Veteran

Post by essdee1972 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:52 pm

Yeah, do that. Me, I have conveniently run out of Mumbai for 3-4 days, and left my camera at home (not very politically correct to carry DSLRs on an official trip!!). Wait till the weekend!
Cheers!

EssDee
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a polity, each citizen is to possess his own arms, which are not supplied or owned by the state.Aristotle

Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.Bob Marley

Skyman
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Skyman » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:46 pm

More pics are delayed as AGN's home www connection is not working

Spoken like a true Indian!
I would rather hit my target gently than miss hard.

Happy
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Happy » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:22 am

Mailed my Lot to ff 3 days back..... still waiting.......

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:05 pm

The Mumbaikars need to take a few tips from Baljit. When they met at Mark's place, he sometimes used to upload photos even before XL's last bullet left the barrel... :D
Now that's what we IFGians have got used to :lol: :lol:

Cheers

TC

PS : Just jokin guys.... I am waiting too

fantumfan2003
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fantumfan2003 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:07 pm

Who has time to click the shutter button when there are so many triggers waiting to be pulled ?????

ROTFL

Gents, Patience is a Virtue..........

M.
TC wrote:The Mumbaikars need to take a few tips from Baljit. When they met at Mark's place, he sometimes used to upload photos even before XL's last bullet left the barrel... :D
Now that's what we IFGians have got used to :lol: :lol:

Cheers

TC

PS : Just jokin guys.... I am waiting too
As an example of overcoming adversity, Karoly Takacs has few peers. He was part of Hungary’s world champion pistol-shooting team in 1938, when an army grenade exploded, crippling his right hand. Ten years later, having taught himself to shoot with his left, he won two gold medals in the rapid-fire class.

Darr ke aage jeet hai

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:13 pm

brihacharan wrote:> BTW - The Orions & Pegasuses stood shoulder to shoulder with those International ARs when it came to plinking Beer cans at 40yds & 60yds - especially those with scopes fitted on to them.
Briha
With all due respect :) while they may be great when compared to the regular Indian offerings and superior to the stuff that IHP/ National dishes out, I find it hard to digest the above statement, unless you are comparing them only to the cheaper international springers like (maybe?) Gamo's & Chicom stuff - which are both better than Indian ARs & IHPs (depending on which Chicom AR we are talking about), but no where near Air Arms and/ or HW springers.

Disclaimer: I haven't handled the Orion or Pegasus - this is JMHO based on what I've been perusing on the various threads on the forum here!

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

fantumfan2003
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fantumfan2003 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:22 pm

The meet was another reminder (wake-up call, if you like) that, it is the shooter and not the gun AND It is about Accuracy and NOT power.
Yes the scoped SX-100 ARs were able to hold their own in company of their foreign counterparts.
Having said so, it is still some distance behind the likes of a TX200, HW77/97 or the new Walther LGV. But that is indeed comparing apples and oranges.

M.

mundaire wrote:
brihacharan wrote:> BTW - The Orions & Pegasuses stood shoulder to shoulder with those International ARs when it came to plinking Beer cans at 40yds & 60yds - especially those with scopes fitted on to them.
Briha
With all due respect :) while they may be great when compared to the regular Indian offerings and superior to the stuff that IHP/ National dishes out, I find it hard to digest the above statement, unless you are comparing them only to the cheaper international springers like (maybe?) Gamo's & Chicom stuff - which are both better than Indian ARs & IHPs (depending on which Chicom AR we are talking about), but no where near Air Arms and/ or HW springers.

Disclaimer: I haven't handled the Orion or Pegasus - this is JMHO based on what I've been perusing on the various threads on the forum here!

Cheers!
Abhijeet

Darr ke aage jeet hai

Hammerhead
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Hammerhead » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:23 am

fantumfan2003 wrote: More pics are delayed as AGN's home www connection is not working
Moin. wrote:So it will be AGN who will be burned at the Stake if the pics are not uploaded by tonight. :mrgreen:
Buddy, You have to come down ...... eventually !!!!!

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:36 am

LOL @ Hammerhead
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

airgun_novice
Veteran
Veteran

Post by airgun_novice » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:27 am

Moin - when you spoke of burning - you meant steak and not stake, right ? ;-) I like mine well-done please
FF - Mine is up and the ball is back in your court ;-)

The comparison between SX100s and the others was only till about 68 yards of range. Why do we lose focus that SX100s are entry level and compare them with upper ends. Compare them with SDBs and Agnis and IHPs and what not. All said and done, till 68 yards (that was what was max available) SX-series did hit the same targets as the phoren makes. But then, it's possible that "Doc the Hawk" knew some secret codes (a la Doom) for he was able to zero down in under 5 shots and practically hit every sweet spot. :-)

Anyway, a bit OT - did anyone read how the 10 million pound-sterling worth of car belonging to Queen of England stalled last week outside her church and the poor lady had to keep screaming "Don't stop Don 't stop" once it gunned to life ? Not that I am comparing some 100 pound-sterling worth of SX100 with that custom-made and well-maintained expensive royal car.

Brihji, next time you draw examples, draw with a Bentley. After all, a Bentley, albeit from the royal garage, isn't a Merc or BMW :lol:

airgun_novice
Veteran
Veteran

Post by airgun_novice » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:01 am

Happy wrote:Mailed my Lot to ff 3 days back..... still waiting.......
I plead guilty as apartment getting painted and then Net absconding for almost two days. However the ppt has been dispatched to FF today morning. So "Don't Worry - Be Happy" ;-) (Couldn't help the last line)