Karnataka State Shooting Championships

All shooting sports - ISSF/ IPSC/ HFT/ Sporting Clays etc.
Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:20 pm

sat wrote:The officials cannot decide the outcome of a tie by tossing a coin.. its against the rules...
Not necessarily. First page of the application states, "The matches will be conducted generally as per the NRAI match book 2005 but changes to suit local conditions have been incorporated."

This mostly concerns the number of shots per match due to time and ammo constrants. Whether there is a rule about tossing a coin, a shoot-off or using the countback system to break a tie, I have no idea.

Deepak was advised to put in a written protest, despite his earlier filmi dialogue of "do whatever you want". Had he done so, rather than make an ass of himself, I would have tried to rectify the mistake, assuming the scores were tied and he had a better countback score, this Sunday.

Hopefully, he will have learnt his lesson.

For Advertising mail webmaster
itsdkm
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by itsdkm » Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:35 pm

Sir,
I have no objection in some one taking my medal..
I never wanted the medals..
My scores.. It matters to me...
I wanted to see my cards.. And the only way to see the cards is protest.

But the sad part is language.. (When you talked to Mr. Babu..) I am his fellow shooter.. And if he is not interested to show the cards then fine..

But he has no rights to say that I am wrong.

And when I was talking to you that time the medals were given.
And when I asked Mr. Arivanantham told.. “Why.. he was here when it was given .. we will not give him now” took the certificates and went..

I don’t understand why it was required..
I was so hurt that .. My mind stopped working..

And I got to shooting because I feel happy. But if people talk like this then why should I go there.. I was thinking about this..

Where I work.. 10 people work under/ with me.. People loose Engineering prototype mobile phones.. I never insult.. Though I make them understand that it is wrong to do so.. And they should not do so any more..

Yes Mr. Mack The Knife.. you are right .. It was my fault.. I learnt a lesson.

I am looking at some big thing.. So not at all keen on any medal of this kind... (It is true)

All I want is a good practice.. And score the best every time I shoot.

My aim in this match was to score more than Purushotam so that when I shoot next time, he will not come and ask me some stupid question or disturb me.. ( purushotam shares rifle with me)

I am happy with that..

I did not pick up your phone calls.. I know..

But shall I tell you truth Mr. Mack The Knife? The thing is that, most of the time the way you speak I GET AFRAID. I forget every thing. What to tell and what not to tell. So I always prefer to mail you.

Actually the way Mr. Arivanantham acted.. It was so hurting that... I knew that you will be angry on me on my mistake and you will scold me. I was not interested to get hurt by the person whom I respect so much. I knew I am doing mistake.. I was scolding myself every time you were calling me.. But I was helpless.

Every one is not same sir.. The way you react to some thing.. I may react differently.. so could not understand you and did not pick the calls.

And about written protest? There should be some one to take it..
Mr. Babu.. did not listen. Krishna told the other shooter disserves it..
I had written and it remained with me.. threw it while coming.

Now I think I did right thing.. for such a small thing if I fight then nothing will happen to them but I will prove that this is my limit.. and this is the biggest achievement of my life time for which I am crying so much.

I never get hurt by any thing except bad language.. or when people jump immediately from AAp to Tu.. And at that time I keep myself alone till I become cool.

Do you think I fought with the other shooter? I collected the other medal, ate together and happily came back. ( just to make myself cool) and I was knowing that again we will gather at the same range to shoot. And the other shooter is the only one with whom I can have competition.

And Mr. Mack The Knife, me and the other shooter we learn from each other. And the funniest part is most of the time we have a competition we land up in draw. After this match we knew the results and we had the understanding, and we both had accepted the results. Unnecessary the scoring people created a mess out of it.. Its OK..

Actually my days are bad.. From last 20 days my internet is down. I immediately wrote a mail and went to caf?.. All caf?s were closed. Then next day I have mailed you. I am not sure whether you have got it or not..

I don’t understand why all this happen with me..
And Mr Mack The Knife.. you are the only one who knows that I shoot. And with your blessings, others best wishes and my hard work if some day win my battle then I think you will be the first person whom I will run and tell the result. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR MY MISTAKE.

Also I am waiting for a good news. But I have kept my finger crossed. I will inform you all once I get success in that.

Sorry for bothering you people.. Just wish me best of luck.
regards
Deepak

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:31 pm

Deepak,

This isn't about your score or what the officials did. It's about your behaviour soon after the prize distribution - something you have skirted around in that long drawn out and almost incomprehensible post.

By now you should know that I don't mind standing up to the authorities when it's called for and by that same token I wont hesitate to kick your butt, if you deserve it, either.

My physical presence and voice frightens you? :mrgreen: Sorry but popularity contests aren't my cup of tea. I will leave that to the two faced guttersnipes you shoot and sup with. If you find me cruel, then let me assure you that it's intentional. It will help you down the line. Trust me. :mrgreen:

Dashed sporting of you to have dinner with the same chap who shafted you but do get your head checked. This isn't Utopia. Unless you happen to be auditioning for the part of Jesus Christ... :roll:

Please don't give me that garbage about not being interested in medals. Your melodramatics (that's exactly what they were and still are) ruined an entire evening and has put me in a very embarassing position.

Mack The Knife

sat
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by sat » Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:45 pm

But shall I tell you truth Mr. Mack The Knife? The thing is that, most of the time the way you speak I GET AFRAID
Superb... :lol: :lol:

Rusty, take it easy on the kid will you... :wink:

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:40 am

Superb... :lol: :lol:
Oi, Chawimaster! Chup-chaap apne registan mai baitha kar.
Rusty, take it easy on the kid will you... :wink:
And have him repeat the same mistake with more serious consequences later in life? Sometimes one must be cruel to be kind.

Mack The Knife

itsdkm
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by itsdkm » Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:11 pm

I am really Sorry.
And Thank you for everything Mr Mack The Knife.
Regards
Deepak

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:49 pm

You're apologising to the wrong guy. You did yourself a disservice not me.

Learn from the mistake and move on.

And NEVER ignore my calls! :mrgreen:

Happy shooting!

Mack The Knife

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:07 am

Gentlemen,

Let's close this thread. :)

I am sure that the argument is over - it is now time for some beer.

Mehul

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Sun Aug 20, 2006 2:29 pm

mehulkamdar wrote:is now time for some beer.
The blighter doesn't drink spirits.... :roll:

:mrgreen:

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

my few annas

Post by dev » Sat Aug 26, 2006 12:45 pm

Let us not forget about dignity of a sport. All sports...I have competed up to national level in Tae Kwon Do, swimming state etc., will have their share of bad moments. In TKD cheating has almost become an art form and in shooting it will happen.

I think that Mack The Knife is a tough task master but he lets you get on if you show the right spirit. You can always attack him with wit. And he's big enough to take it. I agree about his tough love attitude...the competitive field is no place for wimps, or very sensitive people...cause people will do anything to win.

I left the shooting sport several times as I always blamed the politics, equipment the unfairness of it all, till I met with some people who had also cried at the same match ten years ago. They have taken it in their stride and have found ways to counter negativity...in fact one lovely shooter whom Jonah and I met has agreed to even coach me.

You will see many shooters who have single handedly overcome financial hurdles, paperwork etc. to still struggle at an unranked level. But that is the game and if you can't measure up to it don't cry about it.

So Mistah Mack The Knife is right and ye guys are lucky that he lives in the south, I almost feel like transferring to B'lore to make his acquaintance.
He is Yoda so you must jedi be. Okay apologies for trying to prop Mack The Knife on to a pedestal, I can do anything for beer I guess. :lol:

Regards,

Dev
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.