Buying my first air gun - ISW, DAW, Hunter or IHP

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
pratik_mahale
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Buying my first air gun - ISW, DAW, Hunter or IHP

Post by pratik_mahale » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:21 pm

Normally all imported air gun manufacturer give the velocity reading with very light weight pellets

Also consider SX100 which will give 800 fps in .177 (8.4 grain pellets) cal & 600 fps in .22 (15 grain pellets) cal

http://preciholesports.com/

Only problem is they have not started the delivery of guns waiting period no idea but wrath waiting

For Advertising mail webmaster
Peace Lover
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Peace Lover » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:09 am

Ya, even I'd like to own a Precihole SX-100. But I don't think they'd be shipping before Jan'13. I mailed them yesterday asking me to provide the list of dealers in Delhi...haven't got a reply yet.

Peace Lover
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Peace Lover » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:20 pm

I finally purchased my first air rifle from Garg Armoury, Kashmere Gate, Delhi today. Looks like they had just one piece of IHP 35 in 0.177cal so even though it had some rough edges in the wood work and looked a little aged, I still went ahead and bought it. Cost me Rs 5800 (all incl.). Also paid Rs 190 for a 500 nos. plastic pack of Master Shot flat head 0.177 pellets.

On the first test run - I pumped 10 pellets on a self made target. The target was made out of a keyboard carton stuffed with old newspapers crumpled to absorb the shock. Can't call it a grouping as I fired from different positions. Also the distance was about 7 meters ( since it was tried indoors). Check out the pictures attached.

IMG_1178.JPG
IMG_1179.JPG
IMG_1183.JPG
IMG_1184.JPG
IMG_1185.JPG
IMG_1186.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Peace Lover on Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

pratik_mahale
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by pratik_mahale » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:51 pm

Congratulation for your new air gun
follow all safety rules & happy shooting

Peace Lover
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Peace Lover » Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:39 am

Thanks Pratik! I will... :D

KALAIVANAN
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by KALAIVANAN » Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:39 pm

Hai FRIENDS According the buyers of new airguns in INDIA as a experienced shooter, I advice the following hints. Initialy don"t go for high end air arms like .22 calibers hence they stimulate high re-coil effect. Also dont buy air pistols it will not give full satisfaction for your ranges. Go for .177 caliber air riffles like IHP, DIANA,BSA coming with 25 models.Dont go scope models, you need a lot of experiance in tuning and handling the various types of scopes.Go for Airgun Accadamy Videos {Free for all viewers} and get practiced according to your need. use your airguns safely while loading point it towards ground. Dont attempt to hit targets like street dogs,cats,cattles etc.Get practised in paper Targets. downloads easily available in pdf formate. Try to understand the basic needs like elevation alignments, Windage, Range selection,re-coil effects and the maintanence of air riffles. Use pellet blockers so that you can re use the pellets so many times. Hence SHOOTING IS OUR CHILDHOOD DREAM have a nice shooting experience with the safty precations. THANK YOU AND WISH YOU ALL...

moulindu
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by moulindu » Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:28 pm

Hi KALAIVANAN
Cant agree to the suggestion of reusing pellets, the deformed pellets may block the action & damage it. its better off to use the pellets only once. Y to risk something which you love & cherish so much?!
thanks Moulindu

ramtiger
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by ramtiger » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:27 pm

Congrats Peace Lover
Happy shooting

essdee1972
Veteran
Veteran

Post by essdee1972 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:23 pm

Peace Lover, congrats!!

A bit of advice - use something thicker than a keyboard box - the CPU box (i.e. at least 5-6 inches) would be preferable. Stuff with newspaper, or if you can get hold of telephone directories, they'll be the best (probably need to rob a museum for those). Can also try cheap paperbacks from 2nd hand book shops. Stick a piece of plywood (say 1/4" to 1/2" thick) at the back of the pellet stop, for added safety.

Never, never reuse pellets. The lead is so soft that they deform even if you shoot a fairground balloon. Plus Rs. 190 for 500 - not exactly bank account breaking figure, is it? Even the high end imported stuff won't bankrupt you!

For the rough edges on the stock, you can take off the stock and polish it yourself with sandpaper and stuff - provided you have the confidence to do so. I did it almost a year after I got my first AR. There's a sticky thread on finishing stocks in the gunsmithing part of this site, it refers to shotguns, but you can adapt it to ARs also. Do some googling on Pyramidair and similar sites, you'll probably find tons of free advice and videos. (Just don't blame me if you break the gun :) !!!!)
Cheers!

EssDee
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a polity, each citizen is to possess his own arms, which are not supplied or owned by the state.Aristotle

Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.Bob Marley

Peace Lover
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Peace Lover » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:09 pm

Thanks ramtiger - it was on your advice that I went ahead and purchased a 0.177 cal gun for target shooting.

Thanks KALAIVANAN and essdee1972 for your tips. I'll keep them in mind. I'll not be re-using pellets.

namcmd
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by namcmd » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:17 pm

pratik_mahale wrote:Normally all imported air gun manufacturer give the velocity reading with very light weight pellets

Also consider SX100 which will give 800 fps in .177 (8.4 grain pellets) cal & 600 fps in .22 (15 grain pellets) cal

http://preciholesports.com/

Only problem is they have not started the delivery of guns waiting period no idea but wrath waiting
I saw precihole air rifle 177 in kerala state shooting comp. some guys conducted with precihole
Nothing but Complicated!

mjerectors
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by mjerectors » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:24 pm

dear sir,
please send the air gun list and best prices.

jegan

pratik_mahale
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by pratik_mahale » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:40 pm

Dear Sir,
Air gun list is send with best price

pratik_mahale
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by pratik_mahale » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:28 pm

Check the grouping of my IHP 35 .177 at 10 meters

http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php ... 18#p179618

But my Pegasus gives hole in hole grouping with JSB match diabolo exact .177 cal 8.4 grains at 10 Meters

Which is better than IHP

KALAIVANAN
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by KALAIVANAN » Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:27 pm

moulindu wrote:Hi KALAIVANAN
Cant agree to the suggestion of reusing pellets, the deformed pellets may block the action & damage it. its better off to use the pellets only once. Y to risk something which you love & cherish so much?!
thanks Moulindu
YES I AGREE WITH YOU. THANK U FOR ALL....