My first 10 shots !!

All shooting sports - ISSF/ IPSC/ HFT/ Sporting Clays etc.
sid04
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

My first 10 shots !!

Post by sid04 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:07 pm

Hi fellow forumers...first of all thanks to you all and IFG for helping me locate the shooting club..today it was the first day at the shooting raneg and I was asked to shoot 10 shots from an Indian made open sight rifle in the 10 mtr. I tried my best ....I failed inthe first 5 shots and was looking so silly...I shot al the five shots in the whites..scoring 5s and 6s...later I realised that was more because of the excitemnet of shooting fast one after another....but then somehow I managed to raise the level in the last 5...I stopped..concentrated and took my time (i kept a window of 15 seconds for each shot) before pulling the trigger...and that helped...my last shotd were all within the target and looked much better..with 1 shot at 10..two at 9 and two at 8...I felt good and the first thing i did was looked at the coach, expecting a pat at my back :p ..that didnt happen , but i was satisfied with my own performance. that was my tiny little story of my first day at a shooting range. :D

jai bajrang bali !!

For Advertising mail webmaster
Ganesh TT
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: My first 10 shots !!

Post by Ganesh TT » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:15 pm

hey nice shot....get the coach help and develop to point 10+
Thanks

GANESH TT

sid04
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by sid04 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:34 pm

Ganesh TT wrote:hey nice shot....get the coach help and develop to point 10+
thanks Ganesh....wil certainly do that. All i now want a is a gun to practice with at home.
jai bajrang bali !!

tutsamewasa
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by tutsamewasa » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:36 pm

Hey Sid,

Which range did youstart at.

Cheers!

Tutsa

hamiclar01
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by hamiclar01 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:52 pm

Thanks for sharing your results.
I can only suggest better breathing control. I'm sure lots more practise will help you attain it.
Though I'm no medal winner, I find I score best if I shoot within 3 seconds of holding the target in my sights. Any longer and I put down the gun and restart
"Stan, don't you know the first law of physics? Anything that's fun costs at least eight dollars."

avishek1992
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by avishek1992 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:01 pm

hey guys...i'm based in kolkata.. & i wanna buy a air rifle with scope & would be better if it is bolt action or any thing except break barrel... can any one suggest me a rifle of my demand & a place to buy it in kolkata..& plz also do tell me its price & specifications... i will be very thankful to any1 who can help me out...

sid04
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by sid04 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:08 pm

tutsamewasa wrote:Hey Sid,

Which range did youstart at.

Cheers!

Tutsa
i started at North calcutta rifle Club..that is in belgachhia, kolkata. a fellow member of this forum saptarshi helped me out with the information on club.
hamiclar01 wrote:Thanks for sharing your results.
I can only suggest better breathing control. I'm sure lots more practise will help you attain it.
Though I'm no medal winner, I find I score best if I shoot within 3 seconds of holding the target in my sights. Any longer and I put down the gun and restart
I think you are right hamiclair..I could easily understand how unstable my hold was when I lifted the rifle...with very breath..my left hand sunk down and raised up as I was holding my left elbow against my ribs...so yes, now I know why you guys always talk about the correct breathing technique on the forum.
jai bajrang bali !!

namcmd
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by namcmd » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:46 am

Breathing Cycle

Nothing but Complicated!

hamiclar01
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by hamiclar01 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:39 am

avishek1992 wrote:hey guys...i'm based in kolkata.. & i wanna buy a air rifle with scope & would be better if it is bolt action or any thing except break barrel... can any one suggest me a rifle of my demand & a place to buy it in kolkata..& plz also do tell me its price & specifications... i will be very thankful to any1 who can help me out...
avishek,
It is downright rude to hijack someone else's valid thread. :evil:
Most of your questions have been covered in previous posts in the forum anyway. We are not your personal google service
"Stan, don't you know the first law of physics? Anything that's fun costs at least eight dollars."

sid04
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by sid04 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:52 pm

namcmd wrote:Breathing Cycle

[ Image ]
thanks namcmd..I will surely try this method and try to see the diference.
jai bajrang bali !!