ARMINIUS .32 revolver

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
The Doc
Veteran
Veteran

ARMINIUS .32 revolver

Post by The Doc » Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:28 pm

Has Arminius made a .32 cal revolver ? I have read about only .22, .357 mag, .38 calibers. Experts what are your views about a Arminius revolver-- 4 inch barrel, mint condition, never fired, direct import ages back, well looked after in the almirah in original box.

RP 8)

For Advertising mail webmaster
HydNawab
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: ARMINIUS .32 revolver

Post by HydNawab » Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:00 pm

Orthopod

Arminius has made a .32 revolver.It is a seven shot revolver and has an aluminium body which means that if you try to fire a round in the air, it wont.They generally come cheap.

It all depends on what you are looking for.You see I personally dont like aluminium bodies and specially the .32 Arminius is very light but i dont really about the range record of the gun.If I may be so bold, dont go in for it but it all depends on your budget and what price the seller is expecting.

Hope this is useful.

Cheers

Ashar
'It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger squeeze'.

'You can get much farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.'

-- Al Capone

badshah0522
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by badshah0522 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:59 pm

RP Armanius do make .32 revolvers,they are not exactly aluminium,it is an antimony alloy.Its a hard alloy not like IOF .22,if in case it fell on hard surface there are chance of cracking ,,i have seen one breaking in front of me.but they are very good looking. the most common model is in 2" barell.They are also cheap in comparison to other makes.
ORTHOPOD";p="16820 wrote: Has Arminius made a .32 cal revolver ? I have read about only .22, .357 mag, .38 calibers. Experts what are your views about a Arminius revolver-- 4 inch barrel, mint condition, never fired, direct import ages back, well looked after in the almirah in original box.

RP 8)

vishosingh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by vishosingh » Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:46 pm

hi rp acc to me it should be around 1.5 to 1.75 lacs if it is in mint condition.
as said earlier it tends to misfire at a 90 degree angle
An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

art_collector
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by art_collector » Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:47 pm

Last edited by art_collector on Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:57 pm

There are two makes of German revolver that carry the `Arminius` label - the first was a range of cheaply made pocket pistols in several calibres made by Friedrich Pickert of Zella-Mehlis prior to WWII. The much better known post war Arminius revolvers are made by Weihrauch and have a good reputation. I`ve never heard of the aluminium alloy frame revolvers having a problem in that they won`t fire if they are inclined at 45 degrees - sounds like an apocryphal tale to me......or maybe there was ONE example that had a problem due to damage or breakage.
You have to remember that European firearms safety laws are very strict and any gun that displayed a tendency to perform other than how it was supposed to would have to be withdrawn very quickly. We also have very strict consumer protection laws which would not allow the continued sale of an inferior product. If something doesn`t work properly the retailer is obliged to replace it or refund the purchase price. Manufacturers guarantees have to be for at least as year - longer in the case of a firearm.

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:21 am

One rumour does not a rule make. I have shot the Weihrauch Arminius revolvers and they might not quite be Manurhin quality but they are not bad revolvers at all. They do not sell in the US because there are better products available from Smith and Wesson and others at somewhat lower prices after import costs etc but this is the first time that I have heard about them failing to fire at particular angles.

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:29 am

Funny that you should mention the Manurhin pistols Mehul as the target Arminius HW revolvers with their ventilated ribs look rather similar to a Manurhin........No, they aren`t of the same quality as the Manurhin......but then, there is very little ( OK, only the Korth ) that is built as well as the Manurhin. As I said, the Weihrauch Arminius revolvers have a good enough reputation.

The Doc
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Doc » Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:34 am

Experts,

Thanks a lot for your views. Knowing the mechanism of how a revolver fires I can not still understand why should it misfire at a certain angle (45 or 90) and what has that got to do with the alloy/metal/aluminium body???
I am sure that the chamber and the barell are steel. This one is not a very light firearm either. It has a original blued finish . The present owner imported it possibly in seventies ( mid or early).

penpusher Bhaji waiting for your views.

RP 8)

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:50 am

Oh yes Orthropod - the barrel and cylinder will definitely be built from steel - only the frame will be alloy.
As regards the pistol not shooting when held at a 45 degree angle I again agree that this is probably an apocryphal tale and - if true - can only be related to a single example.........although I can`t imagine what might induce such a situation. The fact that the frame is aluminium alloy can have no bearing upon such a problem.......( if it ever existed ! )

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:58 am

Grumpy,

A link to the new custom Colt Pythons. I have no idea whether Colt make them in house or get them amde by an outside contractor but I'll ask and post back in a day or two as soon as I hear something. The NRA Convention starts in St Louis on the 12th but I may not be able to go this year as I have crippling work. :( But, I do have friends who are going and whom I shall request to get more details. COlt cannot but have a stall there.

Cheers!

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:14 am

Don`t worry about it too much Mehul - I`d like to know just out of interest.......UK law hasn`t changed so I can`t buy one ( ........ Sob ! :cry: )

Risala
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Risala » Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:30 am

RP,
Arminius is quite popular in India,a couple of friends own them and they are exrtremely happy.
Boxed packed in mint,just go for it. 8),it doesnt get better.
Not firing at xyz angle is absolute BS :o ,an occassional misfire if at all,would have more to do with the ammo,and that can happen with any fire arm.
Do post pics mate once you are done.
Sanjay

badshah0522
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by badshah0522 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:49 am

:?
I have seen almost every make revolver misfiring some times wen pointed toward air in double action,But very rare in cocked postion.So it is not a fault .As according to my logic ,When we fire pointing toward s sky,the bullet in the cylinder slip back a little ,because of gap,when we shoot the fire pin hits the cap and takes back the bullet to its place in the cylinder which reduces impact of the hammer.so it results in misfire. I have noticed that the impact of hammer in double action is less than single(cock and fire).So wenever ull shoot in cocked position toward sky ,the chance of misfire are very less.
To proove this ,whenever you fire ur revolver next time load a cartridge with small paper as a packing in cylinder and ammo so that the bullet fits tightly in the cylinder & do not slips back wen pointing toward sky.try shooting this way ,i think it will hardly misfire.(i have tried and tested this +Single action technique 1000s of time)

The price can be somthing around 1.25 to 1.75.
The Weihrauch revolver are better(didnt knew that Armanius is manufacturing them),they are not made of alloy.(not sure as never seen in alloy but seen many in steel frame)Also bit bit expensive than armanius alloy..
"Strength is not about how strong u can kick, it's about how strong the life is kicking u and u standup again to keep on going"

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:29 am

"I have seen almost every make revolver misfiring some times wen pointed toward air in double action,"

I have NEVER experienced a revolver misfiring when pointed up.........In fact I could probably count the number of revolver misfires I experienced in a career involving building and shooting competitition handguns over many years on the fingers of one hand. I wouldn`t even like to guess how many rounds of ammunition I`ve shot in handguns....but a conservative estimate would be something in excess of a quarter of a million rounds - at least half of which were in revolvers.