Are you looking to buy a cheap 10 Meter Sport Air Rifle?

All shooting sports - ISSF/ IPSC/ HFT/ Sporting Clays etc.
CanIndianHt
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Are you looking to buy a cheap 10 Meter Sport Air Rifle?

Post by CanIndianHt » Wed May 02, 2012 2:54 pm

If any of you would like to get serious in .177 10 meter sport air rifle shooting then I suggest you to get hands on one of these --->

Here are some best features--->

-Easy to find a buyer in Nationals , Mawlanker competition, Interschool etc. Talk to your provincial shooting officials, school with shooting ranges, and private shooting ranges.

-You can buy a used one from any shooter for very cheap. (I personally suggest you buy a used one not new coz you may want to buy a better one in future so why spend now.)

-Less expensive rifle with close to precise accuracy (depends on ur skill)

-They do look old but they can easily compete with new modern Anschutz or Feinwerkbau airguns.

-These are Pneumatic hence you do not need to buy/find moisture free compressed air. (pump action airgun)

-If broken or doesn't work it can be fixed in India, Usually there is one repairman during nationals every year.

-These usually made by Anschutz, worlds 2nd best sports air rifle maker (statistics 2010)

-Some of our best international shooters still use them.

Now around 2005 these were very common. The fact that these are Pneumatic, easy to get fix in Indiaand easily available to buy from a shooter who is willing to sell one for a nice cheap price , makes them the best option available for a starter who wants to get in 10 meter air rifle shooting sport. If i were you i would buy something like this gun off a current shooter.Also since these are crank guns (pump action ones) you do not need to spend money in buying moisture free compressed air , which are also rare to find in small cities. If it breaks or doesn't work properly (which i highly doubt will happen for at least 12 years, if taken good care ) you can always find a repairman during nationals.
Now do not consider these Pneumatic to be less effective than Feinwerkbau or Anschutz airguns. Some of our best international shooters still use them.

Feel free to help me out in this thread by providing you opinion or experience.
SAY NO TO ACTA

For Advertising mail webmaster
fantumfan2003
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Are you looking to buy a cheap 10 Meter Sport Air Rifle?

Post by fantumfan2003 » Wed May 02, 2012 7:07 pm

Congratulations on bringing up this topic.

I have followed the same path by going in for a Feinwerkbau 300S Junior. Cost of entry was a major factor for me. Its a recoil-less match springer. My babe can shoot 10 each and every time. Its me who cannot shoot 10 all the time, every time !!!!

The Anschutz and Walther Single Stroke Pneumatics (SSP) as shown in your posts are indeed fine match air rifles and there are quite a few here but spares for these are hard to come by. Their cousins, the Feinwerkbau 601 and 603 are better placed as far as spares are concerned. In fact many of the seals in the 60x and 700 PCPs are similar.

There is a problem with these SSP for female shooters and for with those with slight builds. The cocking effort required to cock these are quite a lot as compared to a FWB300S which even my ten year old can and doing it 40 (or 60) times in a match can indeed be tiring.

As compared to the FWB300 they do have the advantage of very short lock times and hence one can live with poor follow through.

Not many 10mtr AR shooters here but lets see what others have to say.

M.
Last edited by fantumfan2003 on Wed May 02, 2012 7:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
As an example of overcoming adversity, Karoly Takacs has few peers. He was part of Hungary’s world champion pistol-shooting team in 1938, when an army grenade exploded, crippling his right hand. Ten years later, having taught himself to shoot with his left, he won two gold medals in the rapid-fire class.

Darr ke aage jeet hai

varunik
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by varunik » Wed May 02, 2012 7:14 pm

What model/company is this??
It's fresh piece/2nd hand price?
From where can one find this this?
So many times, it happens too fast
You trade your passion for glory
Don't lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive

It's the eye of the tiger
It's the thrill of the fight
Risin' up to the challenge
Of our rival
And the last known survivor
Stalks his prey in the night
And he's watching us all with the
Eye of the tiger

fantumfan2003
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fantumfan2003 » Wed May 02, 2012 7:28 pm

Its an Anschutz 2001 Single Stroke Pneumatic. You might find second hand (usually not working) for about 20000/-

Ask around in rifle clubs if they have for sale but spares could be a problem.

M.
varunik wrote:What model/company is this??
It's fresh piece/2nd hand price?
From where can one find this this?
As an example of overcoming adversity, Karoly Takacs has few peers. He was part of Hungary’s world champion pistol-shooting team in 1938, when an army grenade exploded, crippling his right hand. Ten years later, having taught himself to shoot with his left, he won two gold medals in the rapid-fire class.

Darr ke aage jeet hai

Bhargav
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Bhargav » Wed May 02, 2012 8:14 pm

Fantumfun,

How much does the fwb300s cost in India? Did you buy it new?

fantumfan2003
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fantumfan2003 » Wed May 02, 2012 8:21 pm

Its a very old but capable 10mtr air rifle. Its not new. Imported it from Germany.

M.
Bhargav wrote:Fantumfun,

How much does the fwb300s cost in India? Did you buy it new?

Darr ke aage jeet hai

CanIndianHt
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by CanIndianHt » Thu May 03, 2012 1:13 pm

The cocking effort required to cock these are quite a lot
Indeed, I have tried many different ones a long time ago. Its uncomfortable for short people sometimes. But these are minor challenges. Those aside these will be better to start from then buying a new better ones. Its the shooter who wins not the gun.
SAY NO TO ACTA

fantumfan2003
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fantumfan2003 » Thu May 03, 2012 2:32 pm

It does matter because it tires the shooter which results in the last one or two sets getting in bad scores.
I've found quite a few shooters from smaller places using the FWB 60x SSPs.
While your proposition is perfectly workable, it is considered fashionable here to scoff at anyone who shoots with anything but a 10mtr PCP. But I must add, beyond Mavlankar, it is in the shooters interest to invest in a FWB/Walther/Anschutz PCP Match air rifle. Because with a PCP, the shooters keeps movement to a minimum i.e. only move rifle from stand onto shoulder and to flip the cocking level back and forth to cock and load for the shot. Its like robotic movement but one needs to achieve those damned scores. Enjoying shooting takes a backseat.

M.
CanIndianHt wrote:
But these are minor challenges. Those aside these will be better to start from then buying a new better ones. Its the shooter who wins not the gun.

Darr ke aage jeet hai