Muzzleloading rifle shooting competition

All shooting sports - ISSF/ IPSC/ HFT/ Sporting Clays etc.
nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Muzzleloading rifle shooting competition

Post by nagarifle » Tue May 01, 2012 7:13 am

http://www.nagalandpost.com/ChannelNews ... aLzLah8%3d

Tribal Rifle Club, Nagaland organized the first ever Muzzleloading Rifle Shooting Competition on April 27 coinciding with Tsükhenyi Festival at Zuketsa Town, Phek district.

The competition was declared open by K. Therie, former finance minister, Nagaland. The competition was graced by the presence of patrons, well wishers, villagers and public from Zuketsa town. Altogether 106 participants took part in the competitions amongst Leshemi, Lasumi, Zapami and three villagers living at Pfutsero.

The first prize bagged by Zekope Kromi from Lasumi with cash prize of Rs. 10,000 and trophy, second prize by Khrope Kromi also from Lasumi with cash Prize of Rs. 7,000 and trophy and third position by Rewelhi Khutsoh from Zapami Village with a cash prize of Rs. 5,000 and trophy.
The 12 consolation prize holders received cash prizes along with certificates.

The club expressed gratitude to C.M. Chang, MP (LS) Nagaland for the financial assistance and K. Therie for his contribution and donating the trophy.
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

For Advertising mail webmaster
xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Muzzleloading rifle shooting competition

Post by xl_target » Tue May 01, 2012 8:30 am

106 shooters? Great turnout!
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

dr.jayakumar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dr.jayakumar » Tue May 01, 2012 10:21 am

sfriend,
its surprising to know that muzzle loaders are used for competition.
thanks for sharing
regards

skeetshot
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by skeetshot » Tue May 01, 2012 10:44 am

What a wonderful initiative. How about some pictures

tirpassion
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by tirpassion » Tue May 01, 2012 8:08 pm

As a muzzleloading competitive shooter, I feel very very happy :D . I will forward this link to the general secretary of the MLAIC (Muzzle Loaders Associations International Commitee), whom I have met twice during the French Open competiton.

Great initiative from Nagaland. I appreciate a lot. Thanks a million for this news nagarifle!

tirpassion

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Tue May 01, 2012 8:27 pm

thank you all on behalf of the nagas muzzle sharp shooters, sorry unable to get pics at the moment.
Nagarifle

Safarigent
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Safarigent » Tue May 01, 2012 9:22 pm

Hey naga, can people from outside nagaland take part?
I would love to come over and take part!
To Excellence through Diligence.

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Wed May 02, 2012 1:39 pm

Fantastic initiative :clap:

I believe muzzle loaders require no arms license in Nagaland, am I correct on that count Nagarifle?

If arms licensing is abolished/ rationalised, one can expect similar/ greater turnouts at all district level shooting competitions! :D

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Wed May 02, 2012 2:52 pm

Wonderful initiative!

Nagarifle if you could elaborate on the specific legal aspect, how muzzle loaders have been made exempt from licensing under Arms Act 1959? Is it by some notification by MHA?
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Wed May 02, 2012 3:23 pm

goodboy_mentor wrote:Wonderful initiative!

Nagarifle if you could elaborate on the specific legal aspect, how muzzle loaders have been made exempt from licensing under Arms Act 1959? Is it by some notification by MHA?
From the little I know - this exemption has been in place since British times, somewhat similar to the exemptions for Sikhs (w.r.t kripans), Gurkhas (w.r.t khukris) and Coorgis (w.r.t requirement of arms license). I'm assuming that this would have been carried forward through a Central Govt. (read M.H.A) notification once the Arms Act 1959 came into force (as allowed under Section 41).

I too am keen to know the exact details, if someone has them. :)

Cheers!
Abhijeet

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Wed May 02, 2012 3:34 pm

Great show!

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Wed May 02, 2012 3:45 pm

Fantastic !! Nagaland must be NEVERLAND as far as poor guys like us are concerned !!

Read Abhijeet's reply. Is it true that muzzle loaders do not require licence out there ?

Regards,

TC

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Wed May 02, 2012 4:26 pm

Is it true that muzzle loaders do not require licence out there ?
Yes, read it somewhere probably on this website itself. Also the persons of Coorg race and Jumma tenure holders in Coorg/Kodagu district Karnataka do not need any arm, firearm license for all category of arms and ammunition except categories I and II of Schedule I of Arms Rules 1962. Before British transferred power in 1947, the Rajpootana States were also not covered under Arms Act 1878.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Wed May 02, 2012 4:31 pm

Did a quick google and the only worthwhile thing I came across was the following :
12. Codavas in unison oppose the attitude and harassment adopted by the revenue department regarding the issuance of the exemption certificate under Indian Arms Act these days. The simple procedure what it used to be followed until 2 months back should continue and there shall be the constitutional special guarantee to Codavas in that direction as is done in relation to Zulu tribal in Natal province of South Africa and Naga and Mijos of North Eastern region of India. It has to be treated as a Codavas customary personal law only.
From http://codavanationalcouncil.com/indiaarmyact.html

www.gunowners.in

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Wed May 02, 2012 4:58 pm

mostly the arms act applies however in a certain part, its (or parts of the act is) exempt, people is that area can make and keep muzzleloader as long as they do not take it outside that area.
Nagarifle