soft padded gun cases - where to buy?

Ammunition, accessories and shooting-related gear & equipment - including Optics and Sights.
winnie_the_pooh
Veteran
Veteran

Re: soft padded gun cases - where to buy?

Post by winnie_the_pooh » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:20 pm

Rajeev,

You do not have to give a justification for what you charge.That is your prerogative based on what you feel is a fair profit and taking into account your labour and the level skill/workmanship that has gone into making the case.You have customers at that price and I am sure they are happy what what you make.

At the same time,if your price is based on what Purdey charges for their gun cases then there is a flaw there in you reasoning.

Do not be dissuaded by negative comments of some.DO post in the "For sale" section and I am sure you will find new customers for your cases.

For Advertising mail webmaster
gitana
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by gitana » Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:51 pm

z375 wrote: How you do justify the gun prices in India? Or rather those from firms like Holland & Holland, John Rigby & Co, James Purdey? Little wonder why no one ever cares to grill them as to why they charge such ridiculous prices. I guess you pay for the experience, the endless hours of toil, the level of craftsmanship, the time, the skill. et all. And I see no reason why someone with the skill and the know-how should'nt do justice to the quality of his worksmanship by charging accordingly.
Veerji, I have no answer for IOF pricing, I guess it is an artificial inflation. For H&H, Purdey etc, there is a pedigree and - for lack of a better word - snob value, the brand-allure of a London Best Gun. I have nothing against Rajeev, nor do I cast any aspersion on his craftsmanship or labor, but I do think that those who have the wallet-heft for dropping half a lakh for a hard leather case would prefer to buy proven quality... and from the prices he posted, for the same or even lesser price. It is increasingly easier for people sitting in India to buy products available in USA or Europe, and get them posted or via a friend... IMHO, he should price for the market, unless ofcourse he has the pedigree / snob value to rival a Purdey... then he can command his price.
rajeevbhosale wrote:
i honestly did not know, i would be creating so much criticism for the pricing of my cases, any body interested in buying leather cases should have a look at the cases below, these are original purdey cases with their price tags, rather than shooting up from their chairs after reading my price tag, i simply consider the matter as unawareness on your part , and i take this opportunity to put the facts in place, i would also like all those of you criticizing the pricing to comment.
Double lightweight flat case £2,900.00 With outer canvas cover £3,350.00
Double motor case £2,600.00 With outer canvas cover £3,050.00.
These are export prices.
you do the maths , and this can be officially confirmed on [email protected]
Rajeev-paa, I didnt mean to criticize, just shocked at the price. Its your product, your price, but since your offering is to the aam junta, I hope I can comment on the price. Also, (again not meant to criticize) justifying your product pricing by comparing with Purdey is like an Indian shotgun manufacturer saying that because his shotgun retails for @ 35,000 INR (@ $750), it is comparable to a Mossberg or a Beretta or a Browning. Wrong approach! Finally, dont construct my comment as a negative, I have only commented on the price, not the quality of your products.

Baaki sab theek! NB

z375
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by z375 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:59 am

winnie_the_pooh wrote:Rajeev,

You do not have to give a justification for what you charge.That is your prerogative based on what you feel is a fair profit and taking into account your labour and the level skill/workmanship that has gone into making the case.You have customers at that price and I am sure they are happy what what you make.

At the same time,if your price is based on what Purdey charges for their gun cases then there is a flaw there in you reasoning.

Do not be dissuaded by negative comments of some.DO post in the "For sale" section and I am sure you will find new customers for your cases.
+1 on that, Winnie :agree:
"With solid bullets on heavy animals such as elephant, rhino and buffalo this power is quite apparent but is not so obvious as when soft-nose bullets are being used, say, lion, particularly when is a case of stopping a charge : the .404 will stop him all right, but will seldom crumple him quite so completely as will the .416" -- John Taylor, Big Game and Big Game Rifles, (Ch. IX)

marksman
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by marksman » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:45 am

Well, I might not be able to afford these beautiful cases but I certainly approve and admire Rajeev's efforts towards making them so attractive and desirable. Let's hope he finds many clients and thus manage to bring the prices down to more affordable levels. :wink: :wink:
Marksman

PS: I have seen piles of H&Hs', Purdeys', Rigbys' and many other bespoke boot cases piled up in an insignificant corner of a palace after they removed guns to store them in "Shikaarwala Kamra". These boxes became permanent residence of mice and rats to multiply in. I'd have been a millionaire today only if I had the sense to taken them away. :( :(
Exercise in Logic:
Given that there are far more good guys than bad guys, what would happen if all good guys and all bad guys were armed???......Simple, isn't it ?---Jeff Cooper

"Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't
be any India because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our
women and breed a hardier race!"

rajeevbhosale
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by rajeevbhosale » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:18 pm

thanks guys , at the end of the day all i can say is you have to actually see the product and judge it , i guarantee customer satisfaction , i do not price my products on what others price them for, or else it would not have been what they are , it is just that i deliver as per demanded with honesty let us be positive on this forum , as they say "its not yours until you buy it"

Trajeev
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Trajeev » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:46 pm

I have a good news for all the IFGians who love leather bound hard cases. For my AF Condor, I got one made recently for much much lesser cost. From the outside,it resembles a true leather bound case from far but it is bound with black Rexin. I have ordered One more faux leather bound case for my friend,which will be an exact replica.Let's see how it turns out. My case is different from inside.It has EggFoam for padding instead of compartments.I will post some photos tomorrow of my hard case.

zorawar_jamwal
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by zorawar_jamwal » Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:31 pm

Trajeev wrote:I have a good news for all the IFGians who love leather bound hard cases. For my AF Condor, I got one made recently for much much lesser cost. From the outside,it resembles a true leather bound case from far but it is bound with black Rexin. I have ordered One more faux leather bound case for my friend,which will be an exact replica.Let's see how it turns out. My case is different from inside.It has EggFoam for padding instead of compartments.I will post some photos tomorrow of my hard case.
Dear Trajeev
it would be gr8 if you could share the pic and details from where you got it made
Regards

Chengy
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Chengy » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:50 am

Nice discussion. let me add my 2 cents. These expensive leather cases are making a style statement and nothing else.. Like a golf set :-). An shooting is an expensive sport. Me, I prefer my Plano ABS plastic with egg foam inside. Keeps my guns safe, just bung it in the car..no worrying about scratching that expensive leather.

Trajeev
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Trajeev » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:54 pm

IMG-20160719-WA0033.jpg
IMG-20160719-WA0030.jpg
[attachment=1]
Sorry Guys.The Net was Down.

Added in 6 minutes 56 seconds:
@ Chengy,This can be available for the cost of your PLASTIC & give the pleasure of having an expensive product :cheers:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Trajeev
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Trajeev » Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:05 pm

Actually I got this 42''x11'' soft wood box made from my carpenter.Then the rexin was skillfully pasted on it by a friendly cobbler in Dharavi. The Handle, Toggle Locks & corners fixed by my worker.This costed me around 4k. The one with Faux Leather and imported Number Locks may cost me about 7.5-8k only.I too will prefer a Plano for Sports Rifles having Aluminium stock. On the other hand Leather bound hard cases suit the guns having walnut stock.