Danish wins gold at Allahbad!

All shooting sports - ISSF/ IPSC/ HFT/ Sporting Clays etc.
Ranjeet Singh
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Danish wins gold at Allahbad!

Post by Ranjeet Singh » Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:23 am

Congratulations Danish!!

Way to go..

Cheers
Ranjeet
------------------
Si vis pacem, para bellum

For Advertising mail webmaster
vishosingh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by vishosingh » Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:56 am

congrats danish keep it up
An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:58 pm

Friends,

I hope Danish would not mind my posting this here but I shall, as I guess he is too modest to talk about it. He has persuaded the state government to allot a piece of land in Allahabad to set up a 50 metre range for shooters in that city. It is particularly noteworthy that he has done this as a shooter after the discussion about some of the big nmaes in this sport trying to keep new shooters out on the ISSF threads. I wish there were more people who took similar initiatives to promote the shooting sports in this way - this is truly the mark of a fine man, not just a good shot! 8)

Cheers!

eternalme
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by eternalme » Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:01 pm

Danish - A gentleman indeed.

The initiatives he took are worth appreciating, I used to go for target practicing during 1996-97 in distt rifle club range in varanasi there was not much guidence available then and I didn't own a rifle ,for that matter don't own one yet, it was more of showoff place for rich people to come and mock each other for having fired out of target ,meet new people talk crap and go home.Not an ideal place to start serious practice and perfect one's skills.After that didn't go to any other range though live in delhi for some time.

Anyway It felt really good having seen the images, I wish Danish all the very best in his future edeavours.

Regards
Subodh

eternalme
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by eternalme » Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:03 pm

By the way if some one knows where is the district rifle club in lucknow ?
ll====lll lll====ll
lll Subs lll

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:13 pm

Subodh,

Sorry about your bad experience. It does seem to be a more recent phenomenon and not one that has been the case in the past. You should find several very good friends on these very forums who are more than happy to encourage new shooters though few have the resources or the clout to do things like Danish has done. All is not bad in India for shooters - yet. Abhijeet set this group up only to encourage shooters and bring the shooting community together. I am happy to see the positives and ignore the negatives in this whole process.

I saw from the flag that you posted that you are in the UK. WHere are you located? We do have some very enthusiastic shooters there - Vikram and Krish being two. Perhaps, you guys could catch up sometime and have a nice offline IFG meet and also get some shooting there.

As far as rifle clubs are concerned, we have listed several - just search through the threads. Not all are listed, though, but they will be as this is an exercise in process. We do have members from Lucknow, though, and I hope they would see this thread and respond.

Cheers!

eternalme
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by eternalme » Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:46 pm

Hi,

Many thanks for your reply, I am in newbury -Berkshire.
My family is in lucknow thats why the question about lucknow and any range in there :-).
I would definitely love to be in touch with people who are here and are doing good shooting, the NRA here seems to be doing too good and they have some ranges managed by them like the bisley range.I have heard some good reports about the management there, till the time I am not a permanet resident I can't appear in the 'firepower' rounds :-).

But surely there are some private ranges for the soft events also, and you are right about ignoring the negatives, I have wasted much time becasue of that :-(.
Any way I will try to make up the lost time soon.

Do keep in touch.
subodh

danish21
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by danish21 » Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:24 pm

Mehul
I have also submitted the project report for trap & skeet shooting range in allahabad. DM told me that he is intrested in making a range in the premises of stadium but i forced him to make the range else where so that we can enjoy trap & skeet in the same range with 50 meter range. He is taking this matter very seriously and lets hope for the best.

Danish

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:49 pm

Good Show Danish,
God bless and keep on doin it!
Best
Axx
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

danish21
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by danish21 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:41 am

eljefe";p="11085 wrote:Good Show Danish,
God bless and keep on doin it!
Thanks Asif

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:50 am

can you email me a copy of your project report? want to try it with the authorities here.Hope they listen to a non UP ite...:)
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

danish21
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by danish21 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:58 am

Asif
I will scan and mail u the project report. You can give this project to ur DM or concerning authority. Hope this benifit our fellow shooters and this will make this game more popular.

Danish

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:00 am

Danish,

Good work.Keep it up.The DM also appears to be a reasonable chap.Hope the range is up and running soon.

Suhpreet

jumq
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by jumq » Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:44 am

Hey Danish..

Congratulations .. :D

Jumy

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:28 pm

Now thats our Next week/month/year poster boy :wink:

Congratulations Danish, Miyan kamal kar diya.. Gr888 news buddy regarding the Range. Keep on doing it..

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...