Air GUN/RIFLE Model suggestion

All shooting sports - ISSF/ IPSC/ HFT/ Sporting Clays etc.
tutsamewasa
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Air GUN/RIFLE Model suggestion

Post by tutsamewasa » Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:39 pm

Hello Friends,

I will be there in milwaukee (Close to Chicago) in Jan for couple of weeks. I need your suggestion about a Airgun/Rifle (not pistal) model and economical enough to bring under the 25K custom cap.
I remember somebody suggesting a National Airgun long back when we were on yahoo. So what I am looking for is some thing better than National still not very expensive that I can bring back with me. Yes I want to use or practice for GVM or nationals. So might go for advanced modal little later in fututr trips........

So please give me your suggestions about model, prices etc. Mehul could you please throw some light as I will be very close to your place so shops etc and specially law as lots of sites says they won't ship in Chicago so don't want to end up in any trouble :)

Thanks a lt for your valuable suggestions.

Hemendra Singh

For Advertising mail webmaster
mehulkamdar

Re: Air GUN/RIFLE Model suggestion

Post by mehulkamdar » Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:59 pm

Hemendra,

Let me know when you'll be in Milwaukee. I'll drive down and meet you without fail. If you come before the 13th, I could bring Inder along if he is free as well. Not sure of ranges etc there but there are scores of gun shops in Wisconsin and a reading of the Yellow Pages would show you quite a few.

One word of caution - you may not find adult airguns in any good gunshop becaues hardly anyone shoots airguns. It might be better to order online. 22 lr rifles are cheap and ammunition for them as cheap as buying pellets here, hence the lack of popularity of air rifles in the USA. There are no restrictions on air rifles in Chicago and you can buy them here without the FOID card. I know that Detroit has some restrictions and so does the perennial crap pot, New York, but am not aware of any other city that has air rifle restrictions in the USA. Chicago does restrict handguns that were made post 1984 but suburbs of the city have no restrictions whatsoever.

Look forward to meeting you when you're here. PM me the dates, contact details etc when they are finalised.

Cheers!

tutsamewasa
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by tutsamewasa » Sun Dec 24, 2006 9:58 pm

Hello Mehul,

Thanks a lot for a quick reply and also for the suggestion.
Well I really don't know mutch about match guns but since I was getting a chance to go there I was just thinking if I can get a good option.

Can you suggest me any models......

I will write you about the detailsof my upcoming trip.

Thanks

Hemendra Singh

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Sun Dec 24, 2006 10:15 pm

Hemendra,

The best person to ask about match air rifles is Mack The Knife. To be honest, I know little if anything about air rifles and yesterday when Inder and I were checking out prices for pellets I had to take my BP pills when I noticed that 500 air rifle pellets cost more than twice as much as 22 lr ammunition here. :roll:

For the various brands available etc just check out www.pyramidair.com and www.airgunsofarizona.com for prices and specs. In most shops here, you'll find a lot of BB guns and that's about it as far as airguns are concerned. You'll get all the firearms you want, though, and it may be interesting to browse the various showrooms if you like.

I have a very good friend in Milwaukee and if he is free when you;re here, I would be happy to come along with him and we could check out the various shops wherever you're going to be staying. I am familiar with downtown Milwaukee and the Brookfield area where my friend stays but not of other localities. If you PM me where you;re going to be staying, I'll make arrangements to meet you when you're here.

Cheers!

eternalme
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by eternalme » Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:56 pm

:-)

If I knew .22 LR is that cheap in the US I would have never opted for the UK :-), I would be living trigger happy in navada somewhere :-).

eternalme
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by eternalme » Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:58 pm

"A quick one though LR is Long range not long rifle."

That was newbies knowledge -> correct it guys if I was wrong, this is what I was told at the range.
Last edited by eternalme on Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
ll====lll lll====ll
lll Subs lll

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:00 pm

eternalme";p="11074 wrote:A quick one though LR is Long range not long rifle.
:?:

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:46 pm

eternalme";p="11074 wrote: A quick one though LR is Long range not long rifle.
Where did you get that :?

penpusher

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:04 am

LR-Long range- Since when? :roll:
Do we have a wildcat on the block guys?
LR -long rifle has been around since late 1890's to differentiate it from 22 short.
I hope we are talking about the same cartridge ;)
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

eternalme
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by eternalme » Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:26 am

Yup :-) very much same thing,

I may be wrong there, no problem in that, Accepted.
ll====lll lll====ll
lll Subs lll

eternalme
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by eternalme » Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:34 am

I was told that stuff in varanasi by someone who was a senior shooter.
I remembered that by heart since then,will ammend my wild cat knowledge :-P now.
ll====lll lll====ll
lll Subs lll

gunpaps
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by gunpaps » Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:06 pm

tutsamewasa";p="8502 wrote:Hello Friends,

I will be there in milwaukee (Close to Chicago) in Jan for couple of weeks. I need your suggestion about a Airgun/Rifle (not pistal) model and economical enough to bring under the 25K custom cap.
I remember somebody suggesting a National Airgun long back when we were on yahoo. So what I am looking for is some thing better than National still not very expensive that I can bring back with me. Yes I want to use or practice for GVM or nationals. So might go for advanced modal little later in fututr trips........

So please give me your suggestions about model, prices etc. Mehul could you please throw some light as I will be very close to your place so shops etc and specially law as lots of sites says they won't ship in Chicago so don't want to end up in any trouble :)

Thanks a lt for your valuable suggestions.

Hemendra Singh
you will require only .177 cal airguns which you can import and which you can use in competitions held here. also ´RWS model 28 or 34 will be ideal for you and will be in budget.

best regards

prasad

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:14 pm

Prasad,

Please do not post your replies within 'quotes'.

Mack The Knife