So what exactly does it take to become a Renkown Shot..

All shooting sports - ISSF/ IPSC/ HFT/ Sporting Clays etc.
MoA
Veteran
Veteran

So what exactly does it take to become a Renkown Shot..

Post by MoA » Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:59 am

In big bore...

My guess is standing, or three position 300M ISSF. However what are the score requirements?

Can I enter as a NRI, and show up with 'my rifle and ammo' ?

I have shot 300M benchrest in both agg and score and done ok.. though never prone or without optics.

And I apologise... I seem to be in the wrong section... :cheers:

For Advertising mail webmaster
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: So what exactly does it take to become a Renkown Shot..

Post by mundaire » Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:32 am

To the best of my knowledge - you'll need to get a 'wild card' entry into the Nationals from one of the state associations, for this you will need to become a member of said state association (annual/ life). Your NRI status is immaterial. At the Nationals, if you are able to shoot the MQS (minimum qualifying score) you will get a certificate to the effect, which you will then have to show at the Ministry of Sports to get a letter certifying you as a renown shot. This status is valid for one year only. You can then start the process of running around in circles at the Ministry of Home Affairs to get your import permit issued (one firearm per event that you qualify in + 15,000 rounds of ammo for that event).

Maybe members who have previously qualified as renown shots can add to the above...

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

MoA
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MoA » Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:52 pm

So what would the MQS be?
Maybe I could enter a couple of events around here, to get a wild card?

Anand
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Anand » Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:36 pm

Sorry to butt in, but I have related question as to the renowned shot status;
Abhijeet wrote:
"This status is valid for one year only."
I can understand that this sataus is valid only for a year, and the MQS must be obtained every year, but what happens to a person who has gotten it one year and then was unable to qualify the next year(s)?

I mean what happens if he has imported a firearm(s) which were entered on his license? if he has more than 3 firearms(+ 1 as NRAI member) will the Licensing authority reneew the license as he is no longer a Renowned shot?

Regards,
Anand

MoA
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MoA » Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:21 am

MQS anyone...
I have no idea about ISSF shooting, so an approximation would be appreciated. How many shots? Time?
Score?