broke 550 finally

All shooting sports - ISSF/ IPSC/ HFT/ Sporting Clays etc.
dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

broke 550 finally

Post by dev » Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:25 pm

Hi guys just to get the ISSF bashers excited...I finally hit 550 last week.

The pity was that it wasn't with my regular hogsleg but experimenting with an LP1 at the range. Man it is light that you don't even feel the sixty shots.

Took a water break between the strings, now I gotta do it with the IZH. I believe this is the pistol that the maharashtra team favours. I can understand why...the rock solid build and the incredibly reliable functioning plus very easy to redo seals etc.

Till later,

Dev
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Sujay
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: broke 550 finally

Post by Sujay » Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:17 pm

Very Very Good !

There is no reason why you can't do it with the Izzy. Guess you need to be regular and get a steady supply of RWS etc.

Which one does Maharashtra team favours the IZH of the LP1 ?
A man should have a hobby. It keeps him out of trouble.

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:25 pm

Well done, Dev! Sadly you wont be in Delhi when I am there, otherwise I would have liked to go to your local range and whip your ar*e. Fat chance! :mrgreen:

Sujay, you have one guess. ;)

Mack The Knife
Last edited by Mack The Knife on Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sujay
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Sujay » Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:32 pm

Logically it would be the LP1 but Dev's use of the word " this " wanted me to make sure :D
A man should have a hobby. It keeps him out of trouble.

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:34 pm

Go with your logic. ;)

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:35 pm

Wow for a while i was confused. The team seems to use the IZH 46M...I'm sure you could but not when i've got a doc to cover you with the QB. Really Senor pancho villa no play fair. ;-).

Regards,

dev

Mack The Knife Bana";p="6207 wrote: Go with your logic. ;)

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:37 pm

Don't have more than 50 Crosman wadcutters left. Am waiting for the Siri Fort guy to get the rws tins. He says that the order has been placed.

regards,
dev
Sujay";p="6200 wrote: Very Very Good !

There is no reason why you can't do it with the Izzy. Guess you need to be regular and get a steady supply of RWS etc.

Which one does Maharashtra team favours the IZH of the LP1 ?

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:58 am

dev";p="6199 wrote:Hi guys just to get the ISSF bashers excited...I finally hit 550 last week.
Dev
Congratulations from a dyed in the wool ISSF basher. :mrgreen:

Now that you've gotten somewhere in that IKEA sport, switch to something that is more fun, a better of skills and available outside India so that you move as soon as possible. It woiuld be good for your career crisis that you posted about elsewhere as well. FYI there are shooting scholarships at universities here - the club that Amit and I are planning to join offers them to university students with average trap scoires of 24/50. One more reason to move out of India until retirement? Absolutely! :lol:

I still hold my Indian passport and know that I'll return someday, especially when I need medical treatment and cannot afford to depend on the crappy US Healthcare system. Until that time, this is a nice country to live in. There are other gun friendly countries as well.

Cheers!

Mehul

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:34 pm

Believe me with you in Chicago and the rest of the clan in Indiana I would zip across like a hair trigger. Thanks I need to get ahead of my mere participation certificates though to make it in them gold filled hills. But the gsmith course is still on my mind.

Regards,

Dev
mehulkamdar";p="6258 wrote:
dev";p="6199 wrote:Hi guys just to get the ISSF bashers excited...I finally hit 550 last week.
Dev
Congratulations from a dyed in the wool ISSF basher. :mrgreen:

Now that you've gotten somewhere in that IKEA sport, switch to something that is more fun, a better of skills and available outside India so that you move as soon as possible. It woiuld be good for your career crisis that you posted about elsewhere as well. FYI there are shooting scholarships at universities here - the club that Amit and I are planning to join offers them to university students with average trap scoires of 24/50. One more reason to move out of India until retirement? Absolutely! :lol:

I still hold my Indian passport and know that I'll return someday, especially when I need medical treatment and cannot afford to depend on the crappy US Healthcare system. Until that time, this is a nice country to live in. There are other gun friendly countries as well.

Cheers!

Mehul

sat
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by sat » Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:01 pm

Well done Dev, good going... now come the hard bit... getting to 560+

all the best

sat

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:38 pm

Dev,

If there's anything I could do to speed your coming here, let me know. Would be happy to. And, of course, if you ever come to Chicago anytime, we can all have some fun times shooting here.

Again, I repeat, this is open to all members here. So far we have had two members here visit us, Deepak and Inder, both from Bangalore. Inder is even thinking of moving here - wise man! :)

Best wishes and congratulations again,

Sat,

Am sending you a PM about something that I need your opinion on.

Mehul

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:39 am

Damn someone had to raise the bar.
All right that was what I was wondering about there are guys who shoot 97% as proven in the last Delhi state. But right now I am content to soak in your praise.

Regards,

Dev
sat";p="6292 wrote: Well done Dev, good going... now come the hard bit... getting to 560+

all the best

sat

mishradk
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by mishradk » Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:19 pm

mehulkamdar";p="6294 wrote:Dev,

Again, I repeat, this is open to all members here. So far we have had two members here visit us, Deepak and Inder, both from Bangalore. Inder is even thinking of moving here - wise man! :)
Hey Dev.. Congrats.. keep it up ..

Mr. Mehul,
I am just waiting for one more chance to fly there.. But I will be very happy if I could make it my destination for higher studies..
:wink:

Deepak

steyrshot
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by steyrshot » Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:33 pm

Its good to see the old familiar faces after so long ... its been a busy time, and ive missed you all.

Funny coincidence about the 550 score and the mention of the Maharashtra team favouring the Steyr Lp1 in another post ... we were all talking about exactly the same thing to a Maharashtra shooter in Guwhati while Samresh and i were struggling to dig out a old worn out rubber "O" ring from his LP1 and stick a new one in before one of our pre-match practice sessions.

(Samresh got good karma for helping out the shooter i guess ... shot a brilliant 586 and took Gold at the National Games, yours truly had to be content with a 564 after having put 5 consecutive 8's at 3" o clock in my first series until i smartly realised i was being a jackass - i was over the trigger and pulling shots right, the rest of the match was catch up from then on).

I think the final outcome of that discussion was that from 540 - 550 the shooter struggles with his sights and its relationship to the target. At 560 he has learnt he's fighting a losing battle with the target and concentrates only on his sights and realises hes shooting better because of that. At 570+ the only thing he sees is his foresight sitting squarely in his rear sights the rest of the sight picture totally blurred.

So heres to blurry vision and the eternal hope that when we all get old and blind as bats ... we r still gonna be able to hit something haha !!!

Cheers everyone ... its good to see you all again after so long :D
With regards,
Steyrshot
And he lifted his pistol as the crowds cheered ... the sights sharpened ... the target blurred ... the finger squeezed ... DAMN !!! forgot to load the silly thing again :oops: ... The crowd now looks the other way ... I wake up from my Nightmare !!! :D