Capt S G Ezekiel Memorial Maharashtra Shooting Championship

All shooting sports - ISSF/ IPSC/ HFT/ Sporting Clays etc.
biking3819
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Capt S G Ezekiel Memorial Maharashtra Shooting Championship

Post by biking3819 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:02 am

hi,is there any update or schedule news for the Capt S G Ezekiel Memorial Maharashtra Shooting Championship?
Anybody from mumbai can shed some light.
thanx and regards sanjiv

For Advertising mail webmaster
biking3819
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Capt S G Ezekiel Memorial Maharashtra Shooting Champions

Post by biking3819 » Mon May 12, 2008 8:26 pm

hi ,
the Capt S G Ezekiel Memorial Maharashtra Shooting Champions for this year would be held from 125.2008 to 18.5.2008,12th being the practice day.
all forms of target shooting would be held according to the issf rules and regulations ,
venue MRA,worli seaface mumbai.
in case of airweapons a minimum score of 65% wud be required to get a participation certificate and a score of 84% to qualify for the nationals (gvm) for people in maharashtra,this is a state championship.
safety course in MRA is mandatory to participate in any events held in MRA.
cheers sanjiv

Hunter
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Hunter » Tue May 13, 2008 11:30 am

Hi Sanjiv,

Can u please update us if this event is held yearly ? As I cannot attend this year due to work commitment.

Many thanks

amk
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by amk » Tue May 13, 2008 4:10 pm

Hi,

I have filled my form for the arms license pistol/revo category. I think this event is on the 17th. I hope I can make it though. It seems this event is yearly.

AMK
AMK
--------------------------------------
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." Ben Franklin

archer
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by archer » Tue May 13, 2008 6:39 pm

Hey,

I took part in the open sights air rifle category. Due to my coll exams( they got over on sat) i had zero practice. i donot own a rifle, so had to use a IHP 0.177 from MRA. It was the first time for me at a comp, great experience.

Happy to see lots of youngsters at such an event.

regards
Parag
Yeh dil maange more.....!!!

biking3819
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by biking3819 » Wed May 14, 2008 12:14 am

hi,
yep its an yearly event.mine wud be on the 18th of may,this entire week the competition is held,mumbai guys c'mon make it,its nice to score in a state championship.
cheers sanjiv

biking3819
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by biking3819 » Wed May 14, 2008 12:16 am

amk";p="43747 wrote:Hi,

I have filled my form for the arms license pistol/revo category. I think this event is on the 17th. I hope I can make it though. It seems this event is yearly.

AMK
amk,
i guess yours wud be the protection arm category for 25 mts centerfire.best of luck.
cheers sanjiv

archer
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by archer » Wed May 14, 2008 12:59 pm

Hey Sanjiv,
which event are u takin part in.all the best. will try n drop in at the range on the 18th.

parag
Yeh dil maange more.....!!!

amk
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by amk » Thu May 15, 2008 3:08 pm

Cheers, I don't know if they provide the ammo or I gotta take mine. How many does one need for the comp? I've got permission for only 50 at one time.

AMK
AMK
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." Ben Franklin

amk
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by amk » Fri May 16, 2008 5:23 pm

Postponed to Sunday, the 18th of May, 4pm.

AMK
AMK

archer
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by archer » Mon May 19, 2008 12:51 am

hey sanjiv, amk,

how was it....?

biking3819
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by biking3819 » Mon May 19, 2008 1:17 pm

hey archer,not great for me,my first match and first set of 10 cards were the worst i shot in my life,i guess it was match fear with shaking hand,but i cud come back from the next set of papers ,already too late.still cudnt qualify,84% was the qualifing score i did around 75% and need to go in for the next qualifying in july.

as for amk,i was sitting and watching the protection waepon match ,it was something special,full of events,as he says it did start 30 mins late,was a 15mts event,there were i guess 2 revolvers and the remaing were pistols,cudnt recognise by any means who was amk,but the people who won were like grandpas.
there were people who were shooting on their table with jammed revolvers etc.. :shock: ...i guess if amk indeed participate he cud put in his experience....
cheers sanjiv

archer
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by archer » Mon May 19, 2008 2:35 pm

hey sanjiv,

thanx for ur feedbak....i have moved to 0.22 prone ... i am gonna start practice from the first week of june.....will keep u posted abt upcoming events....

thanx

regards

Parag

amk
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by amk » Mon May 19, 2008 3:31 pm

Sheeeshhhh!!! Based on your report I could have won the protection category if only I went for it..... :-)

It was originally scheduled for Saturday, then got postponed and I had prior commitments on Sunday so couldn't make it.

Biking, you say it was a 15 mtrs event, are you sure? They moved the firing point up front? They've never allowed me to shoot from less than 25 mtrs before. 25 mtrs is not so easy, I guess they must've figured the grandpas and jamming revos would not even hit the paper from 25 mtrs :-)

BTW, I'm no grandpa; I'm pretty young (and good looking ;-P)

Wasn't it supremely hot yesterday? I had an open air volleyball game in the afternoon and the heat really got to me. Could that have affected your shooting?

AMK
AMK

biking3819
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by biking3819 » Mon May 19, 2008 6:51 pm

amk";p="44088 wrote:Sheeeshhhh!!! Based on your report I could have won the protection category if only I went for it..... :-)

It was originally scheduled for Saturday, then got postponed and I had prior commitments on Sunday so couldn't make it.

Biking, you say it was a 15 mtrs event, are you sure? They moved the firing point up front? They've never allowed me to shoot from less than 25 mtrs before. 25 mtrs is not so easy, I guess they must've figured the grandpas and jamming revos would not even hit the paper from 25 mtrs :-)

BTW, I'm no grandpa; I'm pretty young (and good looking ;-P)

Wasn't it supremely hot yesterday? I had an open air volleyball game in the afternoon and the heat really got to me. Could that have affected your shooting?

AMK
yep it was made a 15 mts event,they shifted the firing line.
there were actually only two -3 old pa's rest were young chaps,but it was the pa's who shot really cool.i saw a few guys cudnt even make it to the target paper.well it was a bit hot but then due to late breeze it wasnt that uncomfortable.hey it was nice to hear the noise after long by the protectors...general.22s are well sheeeeeshhhh
cheers sanjiv