The Indians For Guns Speed SHooting Air Rifle match

All shooting sports - ISSF/ IPSC/ HFT/ Sporting Clays etc.
mehulkamdar

The Indians For Guns Speed SHooting Air Rifle match

Post by mehulkamdar » Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:26 pm

Friends,

This is to revive an old discussion from the Yahoogroup boards and I hope that our friends in Kerala have been able to organise their match as they had planned - should be coming up in June sometime if I remember right. Good luck to them.

To reiterate the concept, the match would involve shooting at three targets with a non repeating, open sighted Indian air rifle (with a 5 point penalty for an imported air rifle and a further 5 point penalty for a scoped one) at 20, 15 and ten yards first in an approaching sequence and then in a moving away sequence. There would be a firm time limit - to be decided - and after the elimination rounds the limit would be reduced by first 25% over the first round time limit and then by a further 25%. Targets would be the standard ISSF 10 metre air rifle match targets and any hit in the black would qualify for the elimination rounds and scoring would take place in the later rounds depending on the ring hit.

This is based on the match concept of the Big Game Rifle Club of Australia and it's North America wing and my thanks to them for this air rifle match based on their fantastic express rifle matches.

Please post with your experiences and views. We should have the rules organised very soon so that members may organise matches in their respective cities/towns/states on a friendly basis. I would also request any dealers among us to sponsor the matches by selling pellets at discounts and putting up stalls at the venues if possible. This would help move the sport onwards very smartly.

Best wishes to everyone,

Mehul

For Advertising mail webmaster
ravindrareddym
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

IFG Match in Hyderabad

Post by ravindrareddym » Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:41 pm

Dear Kindly Provide all the Contact Numbers & Address of Members who are located in Hyderabad and are interested in IFG Match in Hyderabad.

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:40 pm

Dr Reddy,

Thank you very much for this initiative. I hope the other Hyderabad members would reply and that we would have our first IFG match very soon.

Cheers,

Mehul

Anil
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Seeking inof on Air shooting Sport!!!

Post by Anil » Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:07 pm

Hi All,

I'm Anil. After a long search i could found something on net regarding Air Shooting Sport. i'm very much interested in this but dont have any info. could you please give me some info like how to start and where to enroll? I'm in Hyderabad.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards,
Anil
Anil

horribleharshad
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by horribleharshad » Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:30 pm

Mr. Mehul,
I'm not sure I understand the rules. I've stated air rifle shotting ( formal- ISSF style) and know some people who would like to shoot. I'm also planning to buy myself an air rifle soon, and hope to be able to organise sometime in the future - as near as possible.
Sic Transit Gloria!