Some shooting queries

All shooting sports - ISSF/ IPSC/ HFT/ Sporting Clays etc.
Mr.Shome
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Some shooting queries

Post by Mr.Shome » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:12 am

Hello IFGN's,

Some queries have been bugging me for a while on pistol and rifle shooting.

If going to the range is not possible:

Can the SP60 Air Pistol be a substitute for a .22 LR Pistol (home practice). Felt, something is better than nothing.

My SP60 shoots very haphazardly at even less than 10 metres. Could someone please suggest a remedy? I am in Kolkata.

Can the PX 100 Achilles be a substitute for .22lr (50 metres) practise?

Would be grateful for inputs.

Regards.
Mil Sake Aasani Sey Uski Khwaish Kisko hai. Zid toh uski hai, jo muqaddar mein likha he nahin

For Advertising mail webmaster
Raj Khalid
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: Some shooting queries

Post by Raj Khalid » Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:26 pm

There is only ONE deep dark secret to shooting and that is DRY FIRE if you can spend an hour each day at home just dry firing with your primary pistol or rifle you will see incredible improvement.
There are many ways to make dry fire interesting and I would be happy to share some thoughts with you if you are interested.

A certain amount of physical training will also accelerate your progress.

Good Luck

Raj

Mr.Shome
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Mr.Shome » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:00 am

Sir,

My humble thanks for these inputs. I had given up on expecting an answer to this query.

Looking ahead to your invaluable inputs.

Thanks and warm regards,

Shome
Mil Sake Aasani Sey Uski Khwaish Kisko hai. Zid toh uski hai, jo muqaddar mein likha he nahin

Raj Khalid
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Raj Khalid » Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:39 pm

Also the SP 60 is a break barrel and the trigger may be a little heavier than 500 gms.
One good way to train is to buy a second hand non working CO2 airpistol. You cannot shoot live with this but the trigger and balance are just perfect and you can dry fire away to excellence.

Just ask around you may get a non firing CO2 air pistol like Walther or Feinwerkbau for next to nothing

Mr.Shome
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Mr.Shome » Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:43 pm

Raj Khalid wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:39 pm
Also the SP 60 is a break barrel and the trigger may be a little heavier than 500 gms.
One good way to train is to buy a second hand non working CO2 airpistol. You cannot shoot live with this but the trigger and balance are just perfect and you can dry fire away to excellence.

Just ask around you may get a non firing CO2 air pistol like Walther or Feinwerkbau for next to nothing
Thanks a lot Sir. Very practical and useful suggestion. Hopefully, I will manage to lay my hands on one.

Warm regards.