Questions regarding renowned shot

All shooting sports - ISSF/ IPSC/ HFT/ Sporting Clays etc.
Viratshah
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Questions regarding renowned shot

Post by Viratshah » Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:08 am

If you happen to become renowned shot, I understand you can import your own gun. However I have two questions regarding this:
1) Can you keep the gun at home or must it be kept at the range at all times?
2) I understand that you need to qualify each year to maintain the renowned shot status. It is valid only for one year. However, if you import a gun as a renowned shot, and don't qualify the next year, do you lose your license? In such a case, what happens to the gun you imported? Are you forced to sell it / is it confiscated?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

For Advertising mail webmaster
Anand
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Questions regarding renowned shot

Post by Anand » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:52 am

Hi Viratshah,
Answers to your questions:
1. The Arms license granted to you will be such that you can keep it at your place of residence. I am not aware of any license where it must be stored
at a range, like in Singapore for example.

2. No, a person who becomes a Renowned Shot remains one for the rest of his life.

The certificate's "validity" which is with relevance to the entry in to the next NSCC without having to qualify from state meet then to Zonal/Mavlankar. If for some reason you don't participate in the subsequent NSCC, then you can still compete in the following NSCC directly. If you don't participate in this one either, then the following year, you will have to qualify from state meet, Zonal/Mavlankar to participate in NSCC.

A license granted to a renowned shot is to be renewed in the normal course, usually participation competitor cards/certificates will be asked for at the time of renewal to prove that the original intent of the license continues.Once a gun is imported, even if you don't qualify as a renowned shot again, it doesn't matter.

I hope I was clear,
Regards,
Anand

Viratshah
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: Questions regarding renowned shot

Post by Viratshah » Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:13 pm

Thank you so much for clearing that up Anand bhai

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk