Some tips on air rifle shooting sport for beginners

All shooting sports - ISSF/ IPSC/ HFT/ Sporting Clays etc.
Pritishrint
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Some tips on air rifle shooting sport for beginners

Post by Pritishrint » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:15 pm

Hi All, I would like to share a tip that I experienced and often advised by someone who has competed at national level.

Now, those of you who want to make a mark in 10 m air rifle, you must be practising regularly but with mixed results and hence not satisfied.

Now pay attention to the points mentioned below that could help you in your venture.

1)Never shoot in a standing position unless you have developed the ability to control your breath.

2)To be able to control your breath, practice in a sitting position with adequate support for your rifle.

3)Practice the sequence, Sight picture - sight alignment(rear sight and target will be blurred and focus should be sharp on the front sight) - breath hold - SHOOT - follow through and then relax.

4)The breath hold to follow through should be of around 7 seconds. Breath hold to shoot should be of around 4 seconds and 3 seconds for follow through. Don't hold your breath for more than 7 to 8 seconds because then your body will become unstable and your accuracy will suffer.

5)Practice as much as you can till you get the ability to control your breath and slight movements.

6)As you gradually improve, try it in a standing position. You may find it difficult initially.

7)Implement the same thing in the standing position. Control your breathing and never ever hold for more than 8 seconds because then your muscles will become unstable for want of oxygen which will result in a bad shot.

8)Triggering plays an important role. Triggering should be as smooth as possible otherwise the gun may get a jerk that will hamper your accuracy.

9)Don't worry if you get scattered results while shooting in a standing position. With due practice you will improve. Always remember, to be really GOOD at something, you have to improvise every time you do it. It will take time.

After practicing well, you will eventually get good groupings in a standing posture.

Believe me, it feels quite orgasmic when you get good groupings on the bull's eye... [emoji6]

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Tapatalk

For Advertising mail webmaster
dheerajch
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: Some tips on air rifle shooting sport for beginners

Post by dheerajch » Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:42 pm

Will definitely try this out and let you know the results. Thanks

Pritishrint
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: RE: Re: Some tips on air rifle shooting sport for beginners

Post by Pritishrint » Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:48 pm

dheerajch wrote:Will definitely try this out and let you know the results. Thanks
Hi Dheeraj, did you try out and if yes, please share your experiences.

dheerajch
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: RE: Re: Some tips on air rifle shooting sport for beginners

Post by dheerajch » Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:54 pm

Pritishrint wrote:
dheerajch wrote:Will definitely try this out and let you know the results. Thanks
Hi Dheeraj, did you try out and if yes, please share your experiences.

Hi. Haven't tried out as yet as have been travelling the past couple weeks but I'll now have time from the coming week onward.