Want to learn shooting , but completely new to field

All shooting sports - ISSF/ IPSC/ HFT/ Sporting Clays etc.
Abhimisc
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Want to learn shooting , but completely new to field

Post by Abhimisc » Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:04 am

Hello Everyone , I am from Lucknow , Uttar Pradesh . I want to learn shooting but I am completely new to all this . Can someone please tell how and where can I learn ? What are the requirements ? Etc . Please walk me through the whole process .
Thanks and Regards

For Advertising mail webmaster
sohampaul11
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Want to learn shooting , but completely new to field

Post by sohampaul11 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:51 pm

If you just want to do casual shooting, get an air gun and practice in your backyard. If you want to get serious about shooting, join a rifle club.

Abhimisc
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Abhimisc » Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:42 pm

No I don't want casual shooting . I want to learn and even participate in competitions , what's the procedure to join a rifle association and requirements .
Thanks

sohampaul11
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by sohampaul11 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:56 pm

Approach a rifle club near your area. See to it that it is affiliated to the State Shooting Association/NRAI. Fill up the admission form. Submit any documents they ask of you. Pay the admission fees. Wait for the police verification to be done. If you are a student you have to produce a bonafide certificate issued by your school/college/institution. A letter will be sent to your place after that in a few days. Report to your club with that letter. Start practicing with the club weapons in your preferred event,most likely to be 10 m air rifle open sight. Once you are confident of handling the weapon, get a Precihole air rifle and continue on your quest. If you shoot good enough and you think you want to proceed further, you can import a match grade peep sight air rifle ,provided you have been issued an ID card. Don't expect to be issued an ID card at the beginning. ID card can take a few weeks to a few months or even a year to be issued. The answer to your query an be found here:- viewtopic.php?t=4786