selection

All shooting sports - ISSF/ IPSC/ HFT/ Sporting Clays etc.
gaganroks
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

selection

Post by gaganroks » Sat May 28, 2016 1:13 am

hi frends iam new here..m 22years old..iam from punjab..i want to make 10m air pistol shooting as my career.i want represent india in olympics..its my dream to be a shooter...can anyone tell me how can i start my shooting career and with how much it will total cost..from where should i take coaching..how can i be a shooter..ITS MY DREAM TO BE A SHOOTER plz tell me frenss

For Advertising mail webmaster
StormTruppen
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: selection

Post by StormTruppen » Sun May 29, 2016 7:00 am

Hello Gagan..

It's great to see youngsters are taking up Shooting as a Career. Representing your Country at International Events is Awesome as well. But, before you go that far you need to start somewhere right.. So here it is..

1. Get yourself a AirPistol ( I would suggest Baikal IZH46M, reason I absolutely love it :D )
2. Get yourself enrolled at a Shooting Club near you.
3. Get yourself enrolled at your State Shooting Association, you will get a Shooter ID / Membership ID for that. Which will help you compete at State Level. Your Club will do the formalities for that.
4. Practice the hell out on a Regular Basis.
5. Keep in mind the Gun Safety Rules & Follow them at all times.
6. Keep yourself focused at the Olympic thingy you have in mind.
7. Watch & Learn.

That will get you started.

Happy Shooting...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
-- The Only thing to STOP a BAD Guy with a GUN is a GOOD Guy with a GUN. (y) (y) :irule: :clap:

gaganroks
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by gaganroks » Mon May 30, 2016 12:17 am

thank you so much storm truppen for ur guidance..i want to ask you one more thing..actaully m planning to enroll under internation players like gagan narang...do you think that will help me if i get trained under international players..what benifits i will get..can u plz give me some more guidance bro..its really appreciating tht u replied n given such a wonderful info..

StormTruppen
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by StormTruppen » Mon May 30, 2016 8:54 am

Hi Gagan..

Yes, it's absolutely beneficial to train under international level players. You will learn a lot from them. Practical knowledge goes a long way. Listen to their advice & watch their moves. But, fair warning it's would be best to use their Guidance & Tips & apply them to your needs, never try to replicate their style. It's best to create your own method. That will take you a long way.

Best of Luck :)

-- The Only thing to STOP a BAD Guy with a GUN is a GOOD Guy with a GUN. (y) (y) :irule: :clap:

ganeshn
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by ganeshn » Mon May 30, 2016 9:30 am

pretty nifty advice StormTruppen, i would love to have a Indian IZh 46M but most air pistol are downright crappy.

gaganroks
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by gaganroks » Tue May 31, 2016 2:17 am

thank you so much storm truppen...

StormTruppen
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by StormTruppen » Tue May 31, 2016 7:50 am

Ganesh.. I myself have been trying hell & heaven to get an IZH46M myself. Having said that, if you have ₹ 50,000/- to spend on an IZH46M (which I can't :D) then get in touch with RelishSports. They Stock IZH46M, you can buy it directly from them. That's the only way to get an Izzy in India right now.

If you find any other way to get it do let me know. :)

gaganroks
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by gaganroks » Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:27 pm

hello storm
I have asked my parents about shooting n they are ready to pay for my expenses, but the thing is I have talked to Mumbai academy and they said you are from Punjab so whenever you are going to participate in any event you will be representing Punjab. You will not be allowed to play from Mumbai.

But the problem is that there is no club in Punjab so how can I play an event....and storm what are events? And do I have to pay for events?

What the benefits of the events if I play and how can I enrol in such events?

SO NOW I am planning to take coaching from Delhi, but I also read on site NRAI... they also said the same if you are not from Delhi, you will be not allowed to play an event.

And members of NRAI can play, non-members will have to pay double for event but they will not get medal.

I can't understand storm what to do. How can I play how? How much do I have to pay? Am very much confused..can you please tell me more about this?

I am from Punjab. Where should I take coaching? How much do I have to pay for events. The benefits of events and how can I get selected in nationals? From which side will I play, as there is no club in Punjab so how can I represent Punjab?

Your Last info was very very helpful for me storm. PLEASE HELP ME IN THIS WHOLE MATTER. HOW CAN I MAKE MY CAREER IN AIR PISTOL SHOOTING?

Text speak/ SMS Lingo edited, to make the post readable. Please note, any further posts in text speak/ SMS Lingo will be automatically deleted by the Moderator. Please do try and make an effort to post in a legible form

StormTruppen
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by StormTruppen » Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:13 pm

Hi Gagan..

The best solution would be to decide 1st which state you want to represent. Delhi or Mumbai. Once you done that see if you can get Registered under a club from that state directly. If not possible then get registered under Punjab State Rifle Association directly. Then practice on your own for a couple of days & submit an application for Transfer mentioning that there are lack of facilities where you can practice or that you will be moving to your desired state for Study / Work / Family matters.

All you need from your State Rifle Association is a NOC. Once NOC is with you apply for a membership at your desired state. They will allow it then. Then there should be no issues in participating & retaining medals without any hassles.

This should be the right way if you don't want to participate from Punjab. But, is it really that there are no Clubs in Punjab? Have you checked throughly?

- Rajarshi.

gaganroks
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by gaganroks » Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:29 pm

thnku so much storm for ur reply

storm i have checked and there are shooting ranges in chd..i want to ask you that for example..i have joined club and then i have started practicing..and i have filled form of events..so i have to pay for that events like state level events..and storm what if i got selected in state level shooting..and what after that?? scope of shooting after state is what storm..and some one told me that if u want to play internationally u have to pay in lacs for participating in international events.....what is after state level..n how can i reach to level where india will pay for my expenses..??

StormTruppen
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by StormTruppen » Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:34 am

Hi Gagan..

Congrats on joining the Club. Keep Practicing & do share your Targets with the community. There are many Experienced Shooters here & you will benefit from their Tips.

Now, to answer to your queries..

1. Any Competitions you participate in will require some sort of Entrance Fees. District/State Level Events you will need to be a Registered with the State Shooting Association. State Registrations will be valid for 1yr. You will be entitled to enter any Events organized by the State Body within that time-frame. You may however have to pay any Range Fees/Entry Fee on the Competition Venues. (This is a possibility, even if there is some fees, it would be very negligible).

2. After State you can participate in the Nationals. There are many that happens all year long in every corner of India. But, Travel & Logging will be on the Shooter, that is YOU.

3. Once you get selected for the National Squad more or less all your expenses will be on the Govt. You may have to spend from your pocket initially but, later on it will be refunded to you by the Govt.

4. Now, International competitions. Yes, when you REPRESENT your Country as part of the National Team, all your costs (Traveling/Logging) will be taken care by the NRAI (Govt.) But, if you are not selected for the National Squad & you still want to participate in the ISSF (International) Competitions Apart from the Olympics, you may do so as a Private Entry. There are specific Rules & Regulations on that on the NRAI & ISSF websites go through them. And, this you have to do at your own cost. Entry Fee/Traveling/Logging/Ammo/Equipment/everything. So, yes Participating on International Events is Costly.

I think I am answered your queries.. If I have missed anything. Do let me know.

- Rajarshi.

gaganroks
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by gaganroks » Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:45 am

hi storm
you are great bud..thanku soo much for this wonderfull information..n your answers made my vision more clear in shooting thanks alot...
storm i also wanted to know that..suppose i have got my own equipment worth of rupee1.5lakh that is of steyr..that will be sufficient or i have to buy pistols many time..??
if i buy this olympic standard pistol in beginning that will be ok or what....and in game how many time i have to buy pistol..i knw all the time i have to buy ammo 4.5mm...that is ok with me i can buy ammo..but what about pistol..do i need to buy again n again or one time buyed good pistol is sufficent for my shooting career..plz bro make my this point clear..this is the main part of shooting..everything u have told me that is very clear n very good info..plz clear my point on pistols..how many times i have to buy in future.how many times i have to chnge..plse tell me whole about pistol bro..
thanku so much..
YOU ARE GREAT MAN CHEERSSSS

StormTruppen
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by StormTruppen » Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:43 pm

Hi Gagan..

It's good to know that I was able to help you out.

Now, when starting out I would suggest to start with less costly equipment. Reason, even though they are Top of the Line Olympic Pistols, it will take some time to get used to them & there is you as a Shooter who needs to Train yourself as well. This is where we all make mistakes, so I would suggest to use Less Costly Equipment till State-Levels & when you go in the National Championships, get a Brand New Styer then.

I personally would suggest you the Baikal IZH46M till the State Levels, benefit is its a pneumatic Pistol & is very very very accurate. Only costs associated with It is the pellets. Less to care about in the starting days will let you concentrate on your Shooting more. Other option is getting an used LP10 or similar.

Now, you should always keep 1 set of Pistols with you. That's the general rule of the thumb. These are machines after all, so there can be a breakdown during the matches, so keeping an extra weapon will always help.

No weapon will single handedly cover your shooting career. You will have to upgrade your equipments at some point. When you do you can sell your old equipment to aspiring shooters & use the money & some more to upgrade your equipment.

That's how you will continue your shooting career.

- Rajarshi

gaganroks
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by gaganroks » Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:53 pm

thnku storm..
ok i agree with u i will buy cheap pistol that u said..like if i buyed a pistol that is expensive..can i make that gun insurance from company?? and storm i m very much agree with u..
tell me one persnl question like i have chosen shooting as my career..i belong to middle class family..i will pay my coaching fee n i will buy pistol that u said....how much i have to pay for pallets ?? like 4.5mm pallets are cost around 500 per 1 tin that include 500 pallets..u tell me persnly from ur point of view how many shots i have to shoot in practice how many tins i have to buy for day...do u prsnly think 500 pallets are sufficient in day to shoot bro....according to u how much it will total cost of pistol n pallets on daily basis....n storm one more thing..as per rules of issf..we have to use air compressed guns..like i have buyed styer pistol...what is the role of that air compresssed cylinder..and how much it will cost to fill the cylinder again...n do i need pistol licence for shooting from where will i get that....N YOUR INFO IS VERY MUCH HELPFUL FOR ME..BECZ IAM ONLY TAKING SUGGESTION FROM U..THANKU SO MUCH BRO CHEERS..

StormTruppen
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by StormTruppen » Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:53 pm

Hi Gagan..

Firstly, you don't need to fire 500 pellets a day in practice. Ideally, you would be firing 5 - 6 set of 10 pellets each during a single practice session. Take time between each shot make sure you hit the 8-9 Ring with each shot. So, a 500 pellet tin will be enough for atleast 7-8 practice sessions.

I am from a Middle Class family as well. So, I know the situation quite well. Now, I can suggest you some ways where you can keep the costs down. Get in touch with me over PM.

Air Compressed Cylinder is what that powers your Air Pistol. A full cylinder is good for atleast 100 shots. Every time you press the trigger, it releases a small amount of air which propels the pellet towards the target. Compressed Air Pistols are Recoilless, so the Accuracy is just Awesome.

ISSF Rules states that you should have a non-break barrel Air Pistol / Rifle. (If I am not mistaken) That means, Compressed Air / Pre Charged Pneumatic / CO2 / Pneumatic are allowed. But, Compressed Air Pistol/ Rifle have become a standard due to ease of usage.

Cost to refill the cylinders depend on the source used in refilling. Most people use Scuba Diving Cylinders, you can also use Hand Pumps to refill your cylinders. However, these pumps are costly, approx ₹ 20-22K.

If you need any information on anything do let me know.

- Rajarshi.