Indian Shooters win medals at CWG

All shooting sports - ISSF/ IPSC/ HFT/ Sporting Clays etc.
bennedose
Shooting true
Shooting true

Indian Shooters win medals at CWG

Post by bennedose » Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:02 pm

Abhinav Bindra wins Gold in 10 air rifle
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/spor ... 996911.cms

Prakash Nanjappa wins Silver in 10 air pistol
http://sports.ndtv.com/commonwealth-gam ... okas-again

For Advertising mail webmaster
TC
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Indian Shooters win medals at CWG

Post by TC » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:19 pm

They have made the country proud. I have a feeling there will be more.

Best wishes for the Indian contingent :D

TC

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:47 pm

Kudos to our shooters - They have done us proud :cheering:
Briha

bennedose
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by bennedose » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:51 pm

TC wrote:They have made the country proud. I have a feeling there will be more.

TC
Aapke mooh mein ghee shakkar
http://gulfnews.com/sport/other-sports/ ... -1.1364271
India’s Apurvi Chandila beat her compatriot and world number eight Ayonika Paul in an exciting battle to clinch the gold medal in the women’s 10-metre air rifle finals of the 2014 Commonwealth Games at the Barry Buddon Shooting Range here on Saturday.

For Apurvi, the gold was her maiden international medal, while Ayonika clinched her second, having won World Cup bronze in Slovenia last month.

The two medals came shortly after Prakash Nanjappa won silver in the men’s 10-metre air pistol event.

bennedose
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by bennedose » Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:27 pm

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/cwg-2014-ind ... -5-23.html
A day after ace marksman Abhinav Bindra bade adieu to the Commonwealth Games with a gold, the guns boomed loud for India, as their participants won five medals at the Barry Buddon Shooting Range.

It was an interesting battle in the women's 10m air rifle event as Apurvi beat World No.8 Ayonika in an exciting battle to grab the gold - her maiden international medal. Ayonika clinched her second international medal, having last month picked up the World Cup bronze in Slovenia.

World No.17 Apurvi, who topped the qualifications with 415.6 points (a Commonwealth Games record), led in the finals right from the start and shot 206.7 points to give India their second gold medal from shooting.

The 21-year-old Ayonika was fourth in the qualification round with a score of 413.2 points and clinched the silver with a score of 204.9 in the final round.

India logged another pair of medals in women's 25-metre pistol. Rahi won the event, with Anisa finishing second.

In the final, Rahi, who hails from Kolhapur, proved too good for Anisa by shooting a total of eight points to her 33-year-old opponent's mere two. The duo had raised hopes of a double triumph in the semi finals itself, where 23-year-old Rahi topped with 16 points while Anisa finished second with 14 to enter the summit clash.

Earlier, Prakash Nanjappa won the silver in the men's 10m air pistol event. For Nanjappa it was a great comeback story after having been detected with Bell's palsy, a form of facial paralysis, last year.

abhi11
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by abhi11 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:59 pm

TC wrote:They have made the country proud. I have a feeling there will be more.

TC

TC da,

I agree with you that these guys have made mother india proud but i disagree with the wish that there will be more like them , as in today's India the situation we face is not at all shooter friendly, over here i am staying in total fear that some day i will be questioned by the cops for just keeping a m300 & ihp like they do harass the others.

People like me have been forced to forgot family for their hobby or desires now in search of a friendly state wherein for keeping AR i wont be harassed.

Hope acche din ayenge...
Regards
Abhi

" All In All We Are Just Another Brick In The Wall"

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:03 pm

Didn't I tell you Bennedose :D

We call this is Blazing Glory :skeet: :skeet: :skeet: :skeet:

TC

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:06 pm

Don't give up Abhi. Things will change :D

TC

abhi11
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by abhi11 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:51 pm

I sure will keep up untill last bite but sometimes feel low & down & horrified due to present circumstances
Regards
Abhi

" All In All We Are Just Another Brick In The Wall"

anubhav_rulez
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by anubhav_rulez » Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:29 pm

Kudos to all of them...they certainly have made India proud. Keeping fingers crossed hope this changes government view towards shooting fraternity.
Anubhav Bajpai
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's always better to have a gun & don't need it...Than need a gun & not having it !!!

Katana
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Katana » Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:57 pm

Current standings as of now 7pm 27th July

http://results.glasgow2014.com/medals.html
http://results.glasgow2014.com/sports/sh/shooting.html

8 medals, 3 of them gold. Indian medal tally ranked fourth.
And just about the air weapons events have wound up. The rest are still to be played out.
Justice alone is the mainstay of government and the source of prosperity to the governed, injustice is the most pernicious of things; it saps the foundations of the government and brings ruin upon the realm - Sher Shah Sur, Sultan-ul-Adil.

bennedose
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by bennedose » Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:01 pm

anubhav_rulez wrote:Kudos to all of them...they certainly have made India proud. Keeping fingers crossed hope this changes government view towards shooting fraternity.
My personal view on this is as follows.

The government per se does not give a damn. The same news portal that reported the above news also reports the way the government promised Saina Nehwal a cash reward 2 yeasrs ago and then forgot.

The background intention in my mind for starting this thread is to promote the fact that shooting is a sport and the sprts equipment used is guns. Therefore shooters and guns do not mean violence and mayhem. I think we need to use news items and opportunities such as these to promote the fact that guns have a legitimate role in society and people with guns should not face automatic censure or labelling as violence prone. We need to do that in India. We need to do it well, and urgently and persistently.

We have to change mindsets before mindsets change us.

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:23 pm

bennedose wrote:
anubhav_rulez wrote:Kudos to all of them...they certainly have made India proud. Keeping fingers crossed hope this changes government view towards shooting fraternity.
My personal view on this is as follows.

The government per se does not give a damn. The same news portal that reported the above news also reports the way the government promised Saina Nehwal a cash reward 2 yeasrs ago and then forgot.

The background intention in my mind for starting this thread is to promote the fact that shooting is a sport and the sprts equipment used is guns. Therefore shooters and guns do not mean violence and mayhem. I think we need to use news items and opportunities such as these to promote the fact that guns have a legitimate role in society and people with guns should not face automatic censure or labelling as violence prone. We need to do that in India. We need to do it well, and urgently and persistently.

We have to change mindsets before mindsets change us.
This reminded me of a spat between Doctors & Lawyers - as who is more beneficial to society....
Unfortunately 'given the gift of the gab' the Lawyers almost won the day....
Till the 'Docs' came out with a classic diagnosis that settled the issue...
Lawyers are individuals with acute "Mental Constipation combined with Verbal Diarrhea"
IMHO - Our ministers / Babus suffer from the same malady :D
Briha

bennedose
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by bennedose » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:26 am

Trap shooting medals for India
http://sports.ndtv.com/commonwealth-gam ... boom-again
After a fruitful Saturday, India started Day 4 of the 2014 Commonwealth Games at No. 5 in the standings. Shooter Shreyasi Singh gave the Indian contingent a great start on Day 5 by winning silver in the women's double trap event. Asab Mohd then gave Indian fans another moment of pride by winning the bronze medal in the men's double trap event.

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:11 am

Indian Shooter "Shreyasi Singh" scored 22, 24, 23, 23 = 92 points - Just 2 points behind the winner Charlotte Karwood of UK!
Her response to her coach, colleagues & media was "I didn't win the Silver - But lost the Gold"!!!
Bravo Shreyasi - Your Spirit is truly an inspiration!!! :skeet: :skeet: :skeet:
Briha
Last edited by brihacharan on Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.