Mad Minute record.

All shooting sports - ISSF/ IPSC/ HFT/ Sporting Clays etc.
airgun_novice
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Mad Minute record.

Post by airgun_novice » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:16 pm

FWB P34. 10m. Air *PISTOL* TARGET. Pellet tin in front on the table. 6 shots. 5 in black - one missing on #6. Master shot (Y) .177. Standing - freehold, open sight, one arm extended right out. NO GROUPING WHATSOEVER. :-(

For Advertising mail webmaster
fantumfan2003
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fantumfan2003 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:31 pm

I can do better with a break barrel.

M.
essdee1972 wrote:4.

Hand held, standing, with son holding pellet dabba at my right (and simultaneously keeping time on my cellphone...... poor kid!!!). With Orion 0.22. 10 m. Open sights. It takes hardly 6-8 sec to cock & load an Orion (ne pellet seaters, obviously), and I was trying to pump out the shots ASAP.

Lost quite a bit on target holding and follow through. All shots scattered. This was done for larks in the midst of weekend afternoon shooting, hence didn't "prep" anyway.

Agree with Brihaji, this seems to be a skill worth trying to develop, esp. for fun plinking guys like me. If not charging German Jaegers, one can take out lots of bottle caps in a minute of madness!
As an example of overcoming adversity, Karoly Takacs has few peers. He was part of Hungary’s world champion pistol-shooting team in 1938, when an army grenade exploded, crippling his right hand. Ten years later, having taught himself to shoot with his left, he won two gold medals in the rapid-fire class.

Darr ke aage jeet hai

fantumfan2003
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fantumfan2003 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:33 pm

Great going AGN.

M.
airgun_novice wrote:FWB P34. 10m. Air *PISTOL* TARGET. Pellet tin in front on the table. 6 shots. 5 in black - one missing on #6. Master shot (Y) .177. Standing - freehold, open sight, one arm extended right out. NO GROUPING WHATSOEVER. :-(
As an example of overcoming adversity, Karoly Takacs has few peers. He was part of Hungary’s world champion pistol-shooting team in 1938, when an army grenade exploded, crippling his right hand. Ten years later, having taught himself to shoot with his left, he won two gold medals in the rapid-fire class.

Darr ke aage jeet hai

essdee1972
Veteran
Veteran

Post by essdee1972 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:24 am

Obviously, bro! No comparison with a competition shooter like you and a beer can plinker like me!
Cheers!

EssDee
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a polity, each citizen is to possess his own arms, which are not supplied or owned by the state.Aristotle

Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.Bob Marley

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:27 am

airgun_novice wrote:FWB P34. 10m. Air *PISTOL* TARGET. Pellet tin in front on the table. 6 shots. 5 in black - one missing on #6. Master shot (Y) .177. Standing - freehold, open sight, one arm extended right out. NO GROUPING WHATSOEVER. :-(
Hi AGN,
> Great going man :D
> Some more practice & you should do better...keep at it :lol:
Briha

pratik_mahale
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by pratik_mahale » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:31 am

I will defiantly try this

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:33 pm

pratik_mahale wrote:I will definitely try this
Pratik...
> Suggest you try this with both your IHP & Pegasus...
> Wish to see if there is any difference between handling two different types of ARs...
Briha

fantumfan2003
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fantumfan2003 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:27 pm

There will be no difference but why dont you try yourself ?

Your turn now.

M.
brihacharan wrote:
pratik_mahale wrote:I will definitely try this
Pratik...
> Suggest you try this with both your IHP & Pegasus...
> Wish to see if there is any difference between handling two different types of ARs...
Briha

Darr ke aage jeet hai

fantumfan2003
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fantumfan2003 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:30 pm

How do you know that for sure ? Especially since what AGN stated.

Call me if you need help. You can definitely do better. Just apply yourself a bit.

M.

essdee1972 wrote:

Obviously, bro! No comparison with a competition shooter like you and a beer can plinker like me!

Darr ke aage jeet hai

fantumfan2003
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fantumfan2003 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:31 pm

Pratik,

Your mad minute entry is missing.

M.

Darr ke aage jeet hai

fantumfan2003
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fantumfan2003 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:35 pm

And guys you also need to post pics of your cards.
The performance does not matter.

M.

Darr ke aage jeet hai

pratik_mahale
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by pratik_mahale » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:50 pm

fantumfan2003 ,
busy with work not getting time but I will definitely do it ASAP

airgun_novice
Veteran
Veteran

Post by airgun_novice » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:23 pm

brihacharan wrote: Hi AGN,
> Great going man :D
> Some more practice & you should do better...keep at it :lol:
Briha
Thank you Brihji and FF2003. But guess I had some sorta unfair advantage - shot at AIR PISTOL target. :-) Did not take picture of the card - did not have the digital camera then and have now tore off the card. Will give it another shot and then revert.
essdee1972 wrote: Obviously, bro! No comparison with a competition shooter like you and a beer can plinker like me!
essdee1972 - no need to flag, give it one more shot and try to do better. There's no medal here. :-) Also psychologically one would tend to go a bit easy on a break barrel with the fear of 'bending' with excessive force. The trick here is to build up a rhythm and not do a "Django". ;-) >>> AND <<< no plinking of beer cans in the house, bro - remember safety first. :oops:
pratik.mahale wrote: I will definitely try this
Good Luck, bro :cheers:
FF2003 wrote: There will be no difference but why dont you try yourself ?
Yup Brihji, why not give both of your super-tuned sweeties a test run on MM ? Would be quite interesting to see how they level up against all that rapid sequence of action. This thread is surely turning interesting.

BTW, why is this turning out to be Wankhede Stadium ? i.e. CMG home ground ? Hey all of you IFGians come on, pitch in.

regs
A.