Do you do 10mtr air rifle shooting

All shooting sports - ISSF/ IPSC/ HFT/ Sporting Clays etc.

Poll ended at Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:34 am

YES
71%
NO
29%

Total votes: 7

fantumfan2003
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fantumfan2003 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:34 am

As an example of overcoming adversity, Karoly Takacs has few peers. He was part of Hungary’s world champion pistol-shooting team in 1938, when an army grenade exploded, crippling his right hand. Ten years later, having taught himself to shoot with his left, he won two gold medals in the rapid-fire class.

Darr ke aage jeet hai

For Advertising mail webmaster
essdee1972
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Do you do 10mtr air rifle shooting

Post by essdee1972 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:15 am

Do you mean as a competitive sport or just for the heck of it?
Cheers!

EssDee
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a polity, each citizen is to possess his own arms, which are not supplied or owned by the state.Aristotle

Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.Bob Marley

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:25 am

fantumfan2003 wrote: Do you do 10mtr air rifle shooting
> Do you mean shooting at targets placed 10mtrs away at home (if one is blessed with such facility!!!), or at an old abandoned factory / garage or indoor range under controlled conditions (temp. / wind / humidity)?

> As for me I do at home & occasionally at Savarkar's Air Rifle Club.
> Either ways if my body & mind are in synch I enjoy both the locations. The only difference is that at the Club there are too many distractions (guys waiting in line / too many people around / attention deficiency due to other external factors)
> Whereas at home you have all time to shoot / introspect / relax between shots.
> However if you have some other things in mind beyond these pl. let me know :D
Briha

fantumfan2003
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fantumfan2003 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:56 am

Apologies to fail to clarify.

I meant competitively.

M.
As an example of overcoming adversity, Karoly Takacs has few peers. He was part of Hungary’s world champion pistol-shooting team in 1938, when an army grenade exploded, crippling his right hand. Ten years later, having taught himself to shoot with his left, he won two gold medals in the rapid-fire class.

Darr ke aage jeet hai

u_vaste
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by u_vaste » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:39 am

I can only get to practice at our society terrace , I get exactly 11meters to shoot at from one corner till water-tank wall and can practice in sitting position only. no competitive shooting.

@ brihaji
The only difference is that at the Club there are too many distractions (guys waiting in line / too many people around / attention deficiency due to other external factors)
Not very encouraging situation to go in rifle club, please share some good experience to counter it.

Uv

adrianS
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by adrianS » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:49 am

In a club league for me. It means it's not sanctioned, just informal matches every week. I have FWB 601 pump rifle and I'm only averaging 358 right now. I will try to take a picture of a match tomorrow.