According to ISSF TV this is an "Air Rifle"

All shooting sports - ISSF/ IPSC/ HFT/ Sporting Clays etc.
mehulkamdar

According to ISSF TV this is an "Air Rifle"

Post by mehulkamdar » Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:19 am

http://www.issf.tv/default.aspx?view=ph ... 99&index=1

Please read the caption below the picture and let me know whether I am reading it right or if old age means I need better reading glasses. :shock: :lol:
Wei Pang (CHN) won the first final of the 10m Air Rifle Men event at the 49th ISSF World Championship 2006 in Zagreb.
And some people get their panties in a knot when I criticise the ISSF. Sheesh! :lol: :twisted:

For Advertising mail webmaster
Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:27 pm

It does beg the question as to what you were doing there? :shock:

Go on, identify the AP and I'll buy you a toffee. :mrgreen:

Mack The Knife

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:02 pm

Mehul, that's a short barelled Air rifle. :wink: :lol:
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:48 pm

Mack The Knife,

It was SWMBO who found it and pointed it out. She is keen on pistol shooting of some kind and I figured that an air pistol would be cheaper to own and shoot than something that fires cartridges. :mrgreen:

Anyway, if you forget about the toffee and if there's a beer instead, my guess would be Steyr LP...

Vikram,

Good one. :lol: The ISSF numbskulls probably get their information from the journalists who write for left wing newspapers.

Cheers,

Mehul

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Sat Aug 12, 2006 6:56 am

Air-pistol is the way to go - no lugging a great big rifle, jacket, shooting trousers, blah, blah, blah...

Well, the beer is safe for the time being. It's a Morini 162 EI.

Mack The Knife

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Sat Aug 12, 2006 7:29 am

It's a Morini 162 EI.
Now do you believe that I do not willingly commit the sin of straying to the ISSF's den of heresy? :lol:

The beers are all on me when we meet next. Happy to lose bets to friends.

Cheers,

Mehul

steyrshot
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: According to ISSF TV this is an "Air Rifle"

Post by steyrshot » Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:55 pm

Dear Mehul
The image is not too good, but thats definately a Steyr LP 10 (CA) but its the older model, not the current LP10p.

The caption below is is obviously the error of a not so awake web programmer slave whos working another late shift on weak coffee, but more importantly its nice to see your love of the ISSF sports remaining at its everpresent all time high. :lol:

Which begs the question i once asked before ... are you really the best person to moderate this forum, your earlier reply of "showing constraint", isnt showing at all ... :roll:
With regards,
Steyrshot
And he lifted his pistol as the crowds cheered ... the sights sharpened ... the target blurred ... the finger squeezed ... DAMN !!! forgot to load the silly thing again :oops: ... The crowd now looks the other way ... I wake up from my Nightmare !!! :D

steyrshot
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by steyrshot » Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:06 pm

Dear All
Yep .... That is not a morini , downloaded the image ..did the gimmickry in photoshop ... thats an older model steyr LP 10.

look for the double line on the barrel when u zoom the image .... morini does not have a barrel protector .... look carefully for the 3 cuts in the barrel line ... thats the 3 barrel ports of the steyr LP10.

Lastly look at the grip .. especially the portion just below the rearsight morini (well technically most of the pistol grips are morini since he was the father of the air pistol anatomical grip) ... but the grips on a morini 162 series curve downward at this location .. while a steyr follows an slightly upward curve.

lastly look at the grip carefully ... there is a gun control label exactly where the electronic switch on the morini is .. another point the shooter has some rake angle set on the grip ... both indicate that this is definately not a electronic trigger morini.
With regards,
Steyrshot
And he lifted his pistol as the crowds cheered ... the sights sharpened ... the target blurred ... the finger squeezed ... DAMN !!! forgot to load the silly thing again :oops: ... The crowd now looks the other way ... I wake up from my Nightmare !!! :D

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:24 pm

Well spotted Umang. Mea culpa!

Guess I owe our hirsuite friend a toffee. :mrgreen:

Mack The Knife

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:34 pm

Worlds second most boring pastime.......THE most boring pastime is watching such an event !
- Nothing if not controversial !
Guess I`d better hide under the table before the ISSF `heavies` come to get me.

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:49 pm

I thought the bet had been updated to a beer - on me when we meet. Someone has to win - there is enough reason for everyone to celebrate afterwards.
Dashed generous of you but I will bring the toffee along nevertheless. :mrgreen:

My sincere advice to those who shoot the ISSF disciplines - stop being so damned sensitive.

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:27 pm

Yeah - naughty aren`t I ? I suppose that one ought to encourage all forms of shooting sports - and I do - it`s just not for me. Sorry if I`ve offended anyone.........ISSF disciplines are boring though. ( IMO )

steyrshot
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by steyrshot » Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:04 pm

Dear folks
just an insight into those "gas bags" or plinkers or whatever you may want to call them ...

please read this article :
http://adc.bmjjournals.com/cgi/content/full/86/4/234

and just in case your wondering about the reference to the "napoleonic wars" you may like to know that the typical air rifle used in those wars were used by "snipers" to pick off senior officers ... infact they proved to be so silent and deadly that the french in "fear" passed laws banning them.

Any soldier caught with an air rifle .. would be summararily tried as a spy and hung/shot.

As for prostrating excercises ... i dont its too uncomfortable, just try shooting a score of 540/600 (thats the Minimum Qualifying score to just attend the nationals and you will get a whole new perspective on the art of concentration/hold/aim/trigger release).... unlike high powered weapons where the bullet leaves the barrel before u can react, try shooting an air pistol to realise how perfect your shooting techniques need to be to hold on aim and release smoothely through the shot ... cause that pellet is way slower and its still inside the barrel even when the shots gone off ... now try an imagine the world record being 593/600... with a 10 ring so small u cant see it.

makes you think huh :?: ... those little plinkers.

PS: dont drink beer ... need to lose weight :oops: ill take the toffee instead :lol: cheers guys !!!
Last edited by steyrshot on Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
With regards,
Steyrshot

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:43 pm

Please don`t misunderstand me Umang - I don`t deny that remarkable technique and ability is required......it`s just that having `been there, done that, got the tee shirt` I find ( and found ) ISSF disciplines thoroughly boring. `Each to his own` as they say.

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:33 pm

umangvarma";p="2815 wrote:and just in case your wondering about the reference to the "napoleonic wars" you may like to know that the typical air rifle used in those wars.....
You mean like this? :wink:

It's a 1797 Girandoni.

Mack The Knife