Shooting sports querry

All shooting sports - ISSF/ IPSC/ HFT/ Sporting Clays etc.
captainadi110
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Shooting sports querry

Post by captainadi110 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:21 pm

Hello..

I am Audumbar from kolhapur maharashtra. The thing is i have recently bought an 0.22 caliber air rifle and started
practicing.I was under the impression that i will practise and take part in some local shooting compititon and try my
luck but when i visited my local shooting range, I met person incharge of the range. Who told me that i can not compete with the break barrel local air gun. I have to have an imported rifle and even if i want to practice then i should
have a complete kit with me which costs around a 2 lakhs including the gun.

Although I m financially well placed so i will buy the kit and a nice sport air rifle and will persue my favourite sport but what happens to a guy from a village want to persue shooting as a sport?

Can someone explain me all this? :evil: :x

For Advertising mail webmaster
tiwariarrun
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Shooting sports querry

Post by tiwariarrun » Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:16 pm

Dear captainadi110,

There are some good match rifles available within 35k. However, shooting gear, club membership and good coaching costs good money.

I know one particular club owned by an Olympic champ, an Arjuna Award winner (I won't reveal the name) whose main moto is to promote shooting sports in India. The yearly membership fees is less than 5,000. The club's got highly sophisticated range (Indoor and outdoor) where shooting enthusiasts, even from poor families get to practice on airguns such as Morini.

You just need to step out, do a strong research, and find a right place.

Thanks
Last edited by tiwariarrun on Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ganesh TT
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Ganesh TT » Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:16 pm

Dear IFGians.

I thought only .177 caliber is used in shooting sport in national and international events but today when i watched 50 mtr pistol event in Olympic i got surprise that they using .22 (5.6mm) caliber pistol in the event (Pls refer the photo attached). Then i started searching all the shooting events happened and then i found that beyond 10 mtrs shooting event they using .22 (5.6mm) caliber pistol/air rifle.

Is it both the caliber are used in shooting sports. Pls clarify my doubt.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Thanks

GANESH TT

airgun_novice
Veteran
Veteran

Post by airgun_novice » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:39 am

Dear Ganesh TT, "Air" events (10m AP/ AR) mandate only .177caliber. 25m/ 50m are not air gun (AP/AR) events. Free/ Sports pistol are basically firearms.

prasad.tamhane
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by prasad.tamhane » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:34 pm

Ganesh TT wrote:Dear IFGians.

I thought only .177 caliber is used in shooting sport in national and international events but today when i watched 50 mtr pistol event in Olympic i got surprise that they using .22 (5.6mm) caliber pistol in the event (Pls refer the photo attached). Then i started searching all the shooting events happened and then i found that beyond 10 mtrs shooting event they using .22 (5.6mm) caliber pistol/air rifle.

Is it both the caliber are used in shooting sports. Pls clarify my doubt.

Hi Ganesh,

.177" is applicable to air rifle/pistol category only. You get to bores in air rifle .177" (4.5mm) and .22" (5.5mm) calibers out of which only .177" is permitted in air rifle/pistol events. Air rifle and Air pistol events are on 10m range.

In the 50m rifle/pistol events (firearm) they use .22" caliber. Mind you it is not air rifle or pistol.

gcgupta
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by gcgupta » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:44 pm

Need arm license if we shoot in 25m or 50m ?