Shooting with a ML revolver

All shooting sports - ISSF/ IPSC/ HFT/ Sporting Clays etc.
tirpassion
Shooting true
Shooting true

Shooting with a ML revolver

Post by tirpassion » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:32 pm

Friends,

Here is how we shoot with a ML revolver. Here I am using my Feinwerkbau revolver.
15 grains of Swiss 3Fg Black Powder (for 25m distance) or 18 grains of the same powder (for 50m), mid grain semolina as filler and .457" diameter round lead ball.
I cast these balls myself with a Lyman mould. To seal the chambers, I use a self made grease (mutton tallow, bee's wax, a bit of pure vaseline and a very very litte bit of moly paste). I use N°11 RWS percussion caps.

The revolver is an excellent machine of perfection and accuracy made for competitions/matches with trigger pull weight of 600-800g.
Now, here is how we go.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

For Advertising mail webmaster
tirpassion
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Shooting with a ML revolver

Post by tirpassion » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:42 pm

contd...
The semolina filler is used fill up the gap between the powder charge and the lead ball. The chamber is capable of taking more than 50 grains of powder which is absolutely absurd for target shooting. 15 grains are sufficient for 25m.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tirpassion
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by tirpassion » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:53 pm

contd.
The grease is use for 2 purposes.
1- It prevents from chain firing (sparks from a shot getting in and igniting the other chambers which is a rare case)
2- Lubricates and cleans the barrel with each shot and reduces leading of barrel.

tirpassion
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by tirpassion » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:55 pm

contd.
In that session i shot 2 cards. Here they are. You can judge the precision of the gun by yourself.
For information of the curious ones, this revolver by FWB holds the current world record of 100/100, in fact, 130/130 by a great French BP shooter called Gabriel Berthod. In ML competitions we shoot 13 shots in 30 minutes, no sighters and the best 10 shots are counted. Mr Berthod , in fact, shot 13 Tens for the World record.

best regards
tirpassion

dr.jayakumar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dr.jayakumar » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:23 pm

friend,
thanks.never seen a ml revovlver,very interesting .the gun looks like a canon.
must have been fun loading.
regards
dr.jk