NEW RULES FOR IMPORT - BY NRAI

All shooting sports - ISSF/ IPSC/ HFT/ Sporting Clays etc.
amit888_2000
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by amit888_2000 » Wed May 09, 2012 1:36 pm

NRAI, has posted new rules for shooters who are eligible to import.

DGFT is out, and all powers given to NRAI

follow Link - http://www.thenrai.in/index.php?option= ... Itemid=102

This would come into effect, once NRAI finalise on 13th of this month.

REG
AMIT

For Advertising mail webmaster
amit888_2000
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: NEW RULES FOR IMPORT - BY NRAI

Post by amit888_2000 » Wed May 09, 2012 3:06 pm

Further, NRAI, has implemented, a new system, of scanned photograph of the competitor on competitor's entry card, and on the certificated handed over to the competitor to avoid fraud.

REG
Amit

snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snIPer » Wed May 09, 2012 5:21 pm

so to sum it up.
If you are not a member of the NRAI & are not a renowned shot then you cannot import. (am i right?).
/S/
On my Epitaph - Off to Happy Hunting Grounds.

varunik
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by varunik » Wed May 09, 2012 5:51 pm

Probably it's only for fire arms and not airguns
So many times, it happens too fast
You trade your passion for glory
Don't lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive

It's the eye of the tiger
It's the thrill of the fight
Risin' up to the challenge
Of our rival
And the last known survivor
Stalks his prey in the night
And he's watching us all with the
Eye of the tiger

Priyan
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Priyan » Wed May 09, 2012 5:54 pm

So lemme get this straight, the power to control importation is just going from one group babus to another?
When I'll get to shoot a gun?

luckycute
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by luckycute » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:46 am

It was not clear regarding. . Which gun air gun or shot guns they have mentioned.
with regards
Luckycute

amitganpule
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by amitganpule » Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:27 pm

I went through the list of requirements however there is no eligibility.
Only the results of past three Nationals. There is no minimum score requirement. Also if someone has only appeared in Nationals less than three times and has just qualified.
However how will a competitor enter nationals without right weapons?
I am sure many good shooters are not able to come up due to non availability of right equipment.
Amit

veeveeaar
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by veeveeaar » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:28 pm

Fellow IFGians ! How on earth do you become a renowned shot or a NRAI member when a) you are the common average Indian shooting enthusiast and unable to become a rifle club member whose entry fee runs four digits b) whose membership is so restricted that his or her membership has to be passed by a two thirds majority of the general body of that club c) ammo is sold to them at a premium d) only a hand full of privileged members and their family members have access to Match grade PCP airguns , match pistol,anatomic peep sight competition rifle .
When you are become a NRAI member after paying that hefty fee, spend money on your personal weapon ,time ,effort and become a renowned shot, i dont think you need '' this dropping food for the needy '' by NRAI or whoever, because that renowned shot has the ways and means for it.
In the best interest of sports and true patriotism , if competition air weapons are made easily available directly by the companies, any body , mainly beginners and enthusiasts can procure them directly and practice in their own homes.
If a licencee is allowed to have a choice to choose from a few brands and models buy competition grade fire arms off the shelf from this NRAI or who ever at a resonable price, in each state and with minimum of fuss such as NOC TL etc, I think this entire exercise will bear fruit.

winnie_the_pooh
Veteran
Veteran

Post by winnie_the_pooh » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:03 pm

amitganpule wrote:I went through the list of requirements however there is no eligibility.
Class of Persons:-

(a) Arjuna Award Winners in shooting
(Category of arms for which he was conferred the award may be specified)

(b) International Medalist
(c) Renowned shooter
(d) International target shooter
(e) Junior target shooter

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:30 pm

amitganpule wrote:I went through the list of requirements however there is no eligibility.
Only the results of past three Nationals. There is no minimum score requirement. Also if someone has only appeared in Nationals less than three times and has just qualified.
I am sure many good shooters are not able to come up due to non availability of right equipment.
Amit
Amit,

The score requirements (for every discipline/ category) are available in the current NRAI Match Book, you may download it from - http://www.thenrai.in/index.php?option= ... &Itemid=92

...and you are right, no access to the right equipment/ ammunition means it is not possible to practice/ participate, hence cannot shoot the qualifying score, hence cannot import your own equipment/ ammo.... chicken & egg... the only solution (that too for very few people) is to borrow the required equipment from other shooters. That Indian shooters are doing well internationally despite all of this is truly a testament to their drive, hard work & discipline!

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

captrakshitsharma
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by captrakshitsharma » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:02 am

mundaire wrote:
Amit
Amit,

The score requirements (for every discipline/ category) are available in the current NRAI Match Book, you may download it from - http://www.thenrai.in/index.php?option= ... &Itemid=92

...and you are right, no access to the right equipment/ ammunition means it is not possible to practice/ participate, hence cannot shoot the qualifying score, hence cannot import your own equipment/ ammo.... chicken & egg... the only solution (that too for very few people) is to borrow the required equipment from other shooters. That Indian
shooters are doing well internationally despite all of this is truly a testament to their drive, hard work & discipline!

Cheers!
Abhijeet
:agree:
I dont dial 911... I dial .357