Any members in for an air rifle postal match?

All shooting sports - ISSF/ IPSC/ HFT/ Sporting Clays etc.
dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Wed May 09, 2007 12:53 pm

Mehul Ot question but does the mouse speak the truth? If so is he related to speedy gonzales? I hope he's not coming to the match ;-).

Dev
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

For Advertising mail webmaster
jumq
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by jumq » Wed May 09, 2007 2:24 pm

Hey Mehul..

Will spk to Abhijeet as and when I can convince my family to let me own one . Like majority of the citizens, this happens to be a tabboo topic to call for any discussion ( tried once with dad and almost had my head blown off..lol) .. As of now, would like to be a passive spectator till time and moment permits .. :roll:

P.S. U mean " iron horse " the American IronHorse Texan Bikes" ala Harley Davidson ..they super cool .. Wishing u all the best to acquire your licence soon and have a joy ride .. 8) The only ' horse ' i have ridden apart from the real ones is the wooden horse used for polo practise ( not that i am any close to being a player myself , but see no harm superficially playing the sport i love :wink: )

Jumana.

mehulkamdar

Re: Any members in for an air rifle postal match?

Post by mehulkamdar » Wed May 09, 2007 9:04 pm

Jumy,

If your dad is in the vicinity of one of our shoots, please bring him along. He would see for himself that we are not a band of Chambal dacoits. :lol: Believe me, many people who have had reservations about guns have been "converted" once they tried their hand at shooting them. People fear what they don't understand, nothing else.

Yes, I do need to buy a bike this year. Can't believe that I've been without one for almost three years now. I've been rding since I was 15. Cars are mere transportation as far as I'm concerned.

Cheers and do let us know how this goes!

to_saptarshi
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by to_saptarshi » Thu May 10, 2007 12:57 am

Bit Late Mehul :oops: But I am also in. Here it goes

Name: Saptarshi Datta
Rifle : Foreign make .22 caliber, break barrel springer, open site and Vintage foreign make .177 caliber break barrel springer Open site ( Its currently disassembled and need some repair work. Let see If I can managed to do that before the match) :?

Thanks & Regards
Saptarshi

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Thu May 10, 2007 9:46 am

Saptarshi,

Not at all late. :D We have a test date for posting trial pics by the 14th and the final date would be announced then.

Do get more people to join. I find it strange that only one participant from Kolkata would be taking part. :) You do live in the sity with some of the finest gun shops in India's history!

Welcome and thanks for joining!

jumq
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by jumq » Thu May 10, 2007 11:54 am

Hey Mehul,

" Converting " dad from his " belief" that he considers "religion", will be one Hercules task...lol. But efforts can certainly be made . From what I reckon there aint any participant from Dubai ( correct me if I am wrong) . He resides in Dubai and I in Mumbai . I shall be leaving for my holidays tommorow and reach Dubai towards the end of the mth. Shall check the form and get myself updated for any whereabouts of a UAE participant, and if not, we have our good old MHA at Worli to bank on for " converting " him .. lol ... Thanks.

Hope your bike comes soon ... :)

Jumana.

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Thu May 10, 2007 5:24 pm

Jumy,

Losing one's religion could be traumatic, but in this case, your father should find himself not only enlightened but also sgnificantly edified. Believe me, he would understand the meaning of true bliss and may even encourage you to get more involved in the shooting sports while he participates as well. :lol:

In any case, thanks for trying to participate. We will have many matches in the years to come and even if you cannot take part in the present one for reasons beyond your control, there would be enough time to have fun in the future.

Speaking of Dads and daughters, my friend and business partner Mark has a little girl who loves to shoot and hunt, but everything thst she owns - rifles, bows, knives etc must be pink. :lol: I also know that at least two of our members, Inder and Amit have little girls who are below five, but their fathers are already making plans of shooting and hunting with them when they grow up. 8) All your dad needs is to be exposed to the sport and for him to try it a few times. He would be automatically converted. :D

Cheers!

jumq
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by jumq » Thu May 10, 2007 6:08 pm

Hey Mehul..

Like you assume now, i aint no daddy's little girl .. :wink: Infact Ali ( my husband) has been more then encouraging to get my membership with the MRA , which aint very far from where i reside , sicne his outlook is based on the fact of merely learning a new sport and with the onset of monsoons when the riding season goes drastically slack , its a good escuse to learn something new. But ' guns/shooting ' techinically still being a volatile subject, just preferred taking approval of all..lol

Besides, it was never on my agenda to compete in this first postal rifle match . What i really wanted was to witness a match and the details that go along with it . And thereafter take on my decision to become a member . And like u said , I might just participate in future and if female members on IFG get more active then now , you guys are in for a good tough competition .

Went this evening to MRA , Worli for a very short while to watch a few members practising for the current competion. Tommorow morning i get to see the actuals ..

Jumana.

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Thu May 10, 2007 6:46 pm

Jumy,

With one man in your life fully encouraging you to take shooting up, is it fair to leave the other out of the joys of a great sport? :lol: One of my good friends, a businessman in Wisconsin who has little time for shooting or guns himself, has two daughters. The younger one and her husband are both keen handgunners and my friend has bought them more than 100 different pistols over the past five or six years. Getting your dad to shoot may just help in more ways than one. :wink:

And BTW, please look at formal ISSF type shooting at clubs in India as a starting point. Many people look at it as an end in itself, which is not a good idea IMO as it completely excludes people from the many different possibilities that guns offer. In fact, watching an ISSF match could be as exciting as watching milk curdle without curds or yeast added to it.

Do try to take shooting up by yourself. Both you and your husband could shoot together - why wait for other women members to involve themselves? The two of you shooting together may be a superb way to spend quality time.

BTW my wife had never even held a gun until she came to the US though she did indulge me in my hobby both in India as well as in the US. When we went to Mark's place, his children got her started shooting 8) (that's why you need shooting friends!) and look at the result:

She has the problem of being right handed but left eye dominant and I have had to get a scope for a rifle that is technically hers, but which I enjoy shooting a lot myself. But all problems aside, the one thing she loves doing is potting away with a rifle at blocks of wood floating on a lake at Mark's place whenever we go there.

I am happy that she does shoot and though she has little interest in the technical aspects of guns or in formal shooting or even less in hunting here, I am happiest that she learned how much fun it really is. Yes, we do consider it quality time spent together. :D

Cheers!

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Fri May 11, 2007 9:00 am

Yaj";p="19686 wrote:Mack The Knife can I use my .25 and be clubbed with the .22 cals ?
No problemo.

Thanks.

Mack The Knife

jumq
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by jumq » Fri May 11, 2007 1:12 pm

Hey Mehul..

..and guess whattt..I finaly called the bad jinx off today .. went to watch the match at MRA , Worli . That calls for a pat on my back ..lol . 8) Cant say i enjoyed much watching , being a silent spectator does get tad boring ..lol . Have clicked a few pics , infact had to smuggle my way thru since use of flash light was prohibitted during the competion and had to focus only from a good distance . Sent them to Abhijeet , wasnt sure if they were right enough to be posted here , sicne mroe then the competition, i preferred surveying the ranges and thats what i have covered more on my lens.

Thats a nice pic of your wife . :) It certainly helps to share a similar passion . U got her into shooting, sure she has managed her way to get you cooking....lol :wink: I wasnt aware that one can custom make guns suiting their specifications..thats really awesome...I would like mine tailor made to big but feather weight, preferably with soft handle and copper based trigger and ofcourse , bright colour , if thats not too much asking..lol ..j/k... I checked up a few peices yesterday at MHA that they give out on hire for a meagre sum of Rs1000 yearly both Indian as well as foreign rifles . Like u see, have been doing my homework on this front ..lol

Ali is again not a gun person but that dosnt stop him from enocuraging me. Infact he 's not into equines at all either but then again, here I am, living and breathing horses......we do spend much of our quality time competing at the tennis court .. :D .

All the very best to you and your wife ( if she is taking part as well in this postal rifle match ) .. :) Will get to view the scores once back from my hols .. Take care.

Jumana.

Yaj
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Yaj » Fri May 11, 2007 9:18 pm

Mack The Knife Bana";p="19832 wrote:
Yaj";p="19686 wrote:Mack The Knife can I use my .25 and be clubbed with the .22 cals ?
No problemo.

Thanks.

Mack The Knife

Thanks Mack The Knife,
Will shoot tomorrow if everything goes to plan.
Yaj.
The more people I meet,the more i like my dog!

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Fri May 11, 2007 10:35 pm

On the contrary, thanks for participating. ;)

Considering your four recent successes, I am sure you are feeling confident. ;) :mrgreen:

Mack The Knife
Last edited by Mack The Knife on Sun May 13, 2007 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yaj
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Yaj » Fri May 11, 2007 10:43 pm

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
The more people I meet,the more i like my dog!

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Fri May 11, 2007 10:48 pm

;) :mrgreen: