some pics from trap

All shooting sports - ISSF/ IPSC/ HFT/ Sporting Clays etc.
mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:47 am

Sharief,

Dick's Sporting Goods have B&P trap ammunition at $ 3.25 a box. Fleet Farm also had similar prices when I last went to Wisconsin. You should get similar prices in Michigan as well.

Best wishes,

Mehul

For Advertising mail webmaster
Ranjeet Singh
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Ranjeet Singh » Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:25 pm

Hi Sharief,

You got a 682 gold, its the one I would buy if I had the license. It costs about 2750 Euros here.

Do you have it in a high rib, monte carlo, adjustable comb and interchangable barrels- single and O/U. Or the flatter Rib.

I have seen very few guys here in Germany use a high rib gun. But I know its a norm in US. Specially for handicap or option events.

And I am sure you must have tried both high rib and falt rib shotguns..

What is your take on that..

Apart from the air above the barrel being cooler and no image distortions..blah blah any other specific advantage you see in higher ribs from a practical standpoint.

Personally I have read a lot about the advantages of a high rib gun, but somehow have seen only one guy using a high rib gun here. And its not normal to shoot other's guns here.

would be great to see your pics too

Thanks
Ranjeet

HSharief
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by HSharief » Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:40 pm

Hi Ranjeet, Yes mine is a 682 Gold with a High rib. This one I only got a 32" Over/Under with choke tubes, it came with 4 chokes. I can add a single later sometime. The stock is really beautiful (in my eyes), its a monte carlo with a palm swell. The high rib has its pros and cons I think. It encourages a heads up stance rather than an "in then gun" posture I think. As far as shooting high/low, I think it will be different for each gun, maybe not differ as much but "could" be different.

I have another Beretta (Mark II Trap) that is a single barrel with monte carlo stock and fixed full choke, it has a low rib and like I said, gives me a more "in the gun" feel, I don't feel my neck cramping a lot though. Yes, the heat waves get really bad after about 50 shells. I'm learning to not look at the barrel and just look at the target. I've also developed this MANTRA lately, Call when Ready, Shoot when Ready. I take more time now, Call for the target only when I'm "ready", make sure the setup is 100%. Then when the target is out, I follow it a second more than I used to, just to be sure I KNOW where it is going rather than "think" where it is going.

One more thing I feel is different with High/Low rib barrel is if you have a tendency to shoot off the end of the barrel or maybe try to align the bead/barrel with the target, it gets tough after a while. I'm learning to point the mass of the gun between my hands to the target rather than the barrel. I don't know if this is the right way to do it, but when I get this right, I really like the feeling so I'm going to go with this for a while. Remember, all the while, keeping the butt to my shoulder (where it started) and the stock to my face (or vice versa). Move as a UNIT, a turrent, instead of throwing the end of the barrel at the target. I know it all happens really fast, but if you relax and practice enough, you'll find, there's lots of time. Your mind is the fastest computer in that it will "learn" to run faster and you can program it to work faster than the target.

Lots of stuff, sorry about the long winded post. BTW, I posted the pictures of my 682 on our old Yahoo groups pictures. Don't mind the triple copies. I've requested Abhijeet to remove them.

Ranjeet Singh
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Ranjeet Singh » Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:30 pm

Thanks a lot for the information..

Thanks for the pics too..

I guess I need to feel it for myself what a high rib gun can do. Will wait for such an opportunity.

Until then, I'll shoot with whatever I can :)

Regards
Ranjeet