some pics from trap

All shooting sports - ISSF/ IPSC/ HFT/ Sporting Clays etc.
Ranjeet Singh
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

some pics from trap

Post by Ranjeet Singh » Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:04 pm

Have been still getting the basics..and have moved to the faster trap now..Shoot with the better guys now..with scores also going a little northwards....Hopefully I keep getting better.
Last edited by Ranjeet Singh on Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

For Advertising mail webmaster
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:57 am

Nice pictures :mrgreen:

How hard/ easy is it for an expat to get into shooting sports in Germany? I am assuming you rent the gun(s) at the range... Is it (at all) possible for an expat to get a firearm permit and own a weapon?

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:10 am

Ranjit, you look smashing in that outfit,matey. I take it that it's a beretta.Is it yours? Nice wood and nice finish.

Good shooting.

Best-Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:41 am

Ranjeet,

Which club is this? Are you also a member of the Bund Deutscher Sportschuetzen?

Mehul

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:16 am

Keep it up and thanks for the pics.

Pic No. 2 - Haven't seen a trigger blade like that. Does it have a technical name and what's it purpose?

Mack The Knife

Ranjeet Singh
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Ranjeet Singh » Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:45 pm

Vikram,

you would be surprised, its a no-brand shotgun, of late I've found this fits me well. I don't know if anyone has ever heard of this brand. It called concorde. Have been told that its a home-brand of a dealer in Germany, not existing anymore.

And its not mine, I rent it from the range. I am it sure wouldn't cost more than 200-300 Euros.

While you might notice that the other folks that I am shooting with, shoot with perazzis and Berettas, specially if you note the guy in the blue vest, he is Perazzi- top to bottom:) . He's an Italian - Nice guy.

About the outfit --nothing great there either- just a Blaser vest.

Regards
Ranjeet

Ranjeet Singh
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Ranjeet Singh » Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:54 pm

Hi Abhijeet,

I rent the gun at the range, The rules are the same for citizens and expats.

You need to be in a shooting club for atleast a year, then appear for a exam and you get the license to buy limited guns, slightly cheaper option- takes a year and a half atleast

Or Go to a hunting school, pass the exam and get the license- hunting schools are very expensive- 4000 euros and more- and its possible to get a license in 3 months and you can own unlimited guns :lol: and hunt as well..

Of course all exams are in Deutsche, and my Deutsche ain't that good until now.

And I know of a few people who get collector's license- e.g you can describe what you would like to collect- e.g Lugers from WW II and you can have as many as you want..I know a person who has over 50 lugers..

Regards
Ranjeet

Ranjeet Singh
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Ranjeet Singh » Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:06 pm

Hi Mehul,

I shoot at the olympia schiessanlage in Munich. Its where Conny Wirnhier won the gold in skeet in 71. Now its run by his son.

He arranges some good Pegion shoots in Argentina. Though I shoot only trap. Its a dream to go pegion shooting in Argentina sometime. Have heard so much about it.

I not a member of the BDS.

Mack The Knife,

I never noticed the trigger blade until you mentioned it. I have no idea about its tech name and special purpose, if any.

Thanks
Ranjeet

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:42 pm

Ranjeet,

There is a Rod and Gun Club in Wiesbaden I think which caters to mainly Americans and Brits living in Germany - there are many service people there who hunt and shoot very enthusiastically. They should be able to help with getting the neccessary licenses etc in English - didn't meet any Brit or American yet who could speak a language other than English (just joking) - no idea how practical it would be for you to go there to shoot and do the needful but I could find out if you wanted me to. I doubt American and British soldiers can afford to spend Euro 4000 on a mere hunting license unless there is some kind of reciprocity between licenses in this country and Britain and Germany...

Good luck again and Auf Wiedersehen,

Mehul

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:46 pm

Ranjeet Singh wrote:I never noticed the trigger blade until you mentioned it. I have no idea about its tech name and special purpose, if any.
No probs but please ask your coach the next time you are there.

Incidentally, the Munich Olympics were in '72.

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:53 pm

When Chuck Yeager was stationed in Germany, he and his wife used to hunt as a guest of a landowner. I wonder if the same system still exists. Been some time since I read his book so excuse the lack of details.

Mack The Knife

Ranjeet Singh
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Ranjeet Singh » Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:48 pm

Hi Mehul

Thanks for the info, don't think can travel around that much.

Mack The Knife,

the system of hunting on another's farmland does still exist..but you need to be well connected and of little what i've interacted with hunters- most go to Croatia and romania for hunting for cost considerations..

And yeah the olympic games were indeed in 72..Thanks for correcting me:)

Cheers!
Ranjeet

axp817
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by axp817 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:49 pm

I wonder what a 4000 euro course is like.

In the US, Hunter's education courses (prerequisite for a hunting permit/license) are provided by the state, are very informative, and are free. Some states charge a negligible amount, NH is $2.

Hunting permits do not cost more than $30-$50.

4000 Euro is ridiculous, unless they take you on a guided 7 day big game safari as part of the course, it only seems like a gun control ploy.

Hope you find an easier way Ranjeet,

-Naren

Ranjeet Singh
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Ranjeet Singh » Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:09 pm

Hi Naren,

I really don't know what they teach at the hunting schools. For one, there are not many in Bavaria, the hunting schools are more in the central and northen germany.

maybe you could do a search 'jagdschule' and find out what they teach here..

I know it involves a lot of shooting..I see some ppl who shoot trap at the slower range starting from an unmounted gun position.... to simulate upland bird hunting... And also have seen a kind of simulated game where you use a laser guided gun to shoot wild boars on the screen..and if you shoot mama boar, you get penalized and all...

And trust me Europe is generally more expensive than US. I get cheap Sellier & Bellot 12 gauge shots 200 for 36 Euros..I am sure you'll get the same for half the price in US.

Thanks
Ranjeet

HSharief
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by HSharief » Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:52 am

Ranjeet, Ammo in the US has gotten expensive lately. A box (25) of 12ga shells is about $5.50 which would be about about 4 Euros, So its pretty much similar I'd say. You can get cheap field loads and Remington Gun Club for about $4. I load my own at home for about $2.50 a box, not factoring in my time (labor).

I was in Canada (Toronto) the first week of July and shot Olympic trap for the first time at the Toronto International Trap and Skeet Club in Cookstown. It was amazing. The first time I missed 7 out of 25 and the second time I missed 9 I think. The gentleman who runs the Olympic trap there, Orazio, lent me his Beretta S58. It would not shoot the second barrel for me a few times because I was not opening it far enough and slamming it shut hard enough. But I had fun, the targets are no way comparable to American trap.

BTW, I now have a 682 of my own. I'll post pictures soon.