Whats my level

All shooting sports - ISSF/ IPSC/ HFT/ Sporting Clays etc.
Kazim
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Whats my level

Post by Kazim » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:53 pm

Here i m posting some pics of my shooting skills on target paper i m using my 45 year old Diana model 35 .22 air rifle with open sights i want to know from you expert people whats my level because i want to make a carrier in this sport and i m sure that i can do better if i get a new gun
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

For Advertising mail webmaster
fantumfan2003
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Whats my level

Post by fantumfan2003 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:06 pm

What is the range at which you shot ?
Did you shoot in standing/off hand position ?
Is that a 10mtr Air Pistol target you shot at ?

The second pic shows better results than the first. But your Diana 35 can shoot much tighter groups than this so you need proper training and practice........

Here is some stuff for you to read

http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=15703

All the best.........

M.
As an example of overcoming adversity, Karoly Takacs has few peers. He was part of Hungary’s world champion pistol-shooting team in 1938, when an army grenade exploded, crippling his right hand. Ten years later, having taught himself to shoot with his left, he won two gold medals in the rapid-fire class.

Darr ke aage jeet hai

Kazim
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Kazim » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:47 pm

i was shooting from a 10m range in standing position on my home's roof.I don't know the type of target paper because i never went to a shooting club or in a shooting competition i just downloaded it from internet and about grouping i have already mentioned that my rifle is about 45 year old thats why the rifling is not in its original shape secondly it is my father's gun he have used it for hunting purpose in his time and have fired millions of shots from it

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:37 am

The second group is pretty decent, considering that it is a springer being shot standing and offhand.
The target is the air pistol one, the air rifle one is much smaller.
I can't predict your level as I am not an expert but if you practice with a target rifle and a jacket you should be able to shoot smaller groups. Only you can dictate your level by putting in the hard work.
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

ramtiger
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by ramtiger » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:37 pm

hi friends,
here i attach my target paper to know my level. share your comments and tips to increase accuracy
090120123223.jpg
Rifle -- IHP 35 .22
Pellets -- mastershot export quality pointed head
Sight -- open sight
Distance -- 10M
No.of shot-- 5
Position -- standing
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

fantumfan2003
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fantumfan2003 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:41 pm

First of all. If both of you are really very serious about taking part in competitions, get yourselves .177 caliber match rifles with PEEP SIGHTS. No one will let you play with a .22 air rifle and only school students are allowed to shoot in open sight 10mtr category. Hate to be direct but that's the reality now........

M.
As an example of overcoming adversity, Karoly Takacs has few peers. He was part of Hungary’s world champion pistol-shooting team in 1938, when an army grenade exploded, crippling his right hand. Ten years later, having taught himself to shoot with his left, he won two gold medals in the rapid-fire class.

Darr ke aage jeet hai

mercury
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by mercury » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:20 pm

thats good shooting ramtiger. goes to show one how good the ihp can be.

fantumfan is right; want to get into serious competition shooting..get a 177 with peep sights.

kazim, i doubt if there is any thing wrong the 35. the old dianas will last a life time unless seriously misused. there could be rust in the barrel and some other parts. strip it....replace spring, seal ( it must be the old leather seal) and lube.

and you will have a great gun.....the 35 was known for its accuracy. happy plinking...
Throw me to the wolves....I will return leading the pack.

ramtiger
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by ramtiger » Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:13 pm

i am a serious shooter but not interested in competition.
i want to learn more in my .22 rifle
can i fix peep sight in my IHP 35 .22

Kazim
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Kazim » Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:58 pm

Thank you all for your precious suggestions and i m very serious about competition shooting and also planning to buy a new .177 air rifle.I am based to lucknow and here is no facility for budding shooters so suggest me guys how can i start it.

fantumfan2003
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fantumfan2003 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:33 pm

Go through the two links I have put in this thread. If you have any question, feel free to ask.

As for the air rifle. Check with IHP for .177 PCP match rifle availability and pricing or get club membership and import your own PCP Match air rifle (Feinwerkbau/Walther)

Another possibility is you can look for a second had used match air rifle, but I would advise you against it.

Get Shooting Jacket, Trousers, Shoes and Gloves which will fit you.

M.

Kazim wrote:Thank you all for your precious suggestions and i m very serious about competition shooting and also planning to buy a new .177 air rifle.I am based to lucknow and here is no facility for budding shooters so suggest me guys how can i start it.

Darr ke aage jeet hai