s/w application for automatic shooting score calculation

All shooting sports - ISSF/ IPSC/ HFT/ Sporting Clays etc.
ak27
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

s/w application for automatic shooting score calculation

Post by ak27 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:38 pm

Hello,
I have always wanted to take shooting as a serious hobby and hopefully in a year or so, the way i look at shooting is going to change drastically.

I have decided to design a web application that would enable oneself to calculate,evaluate,share and compare his target-shooting performance.
Hope you people like the idea and will be helping me out. I will go through the posts and absorb what i can from them.

regards,
aditya kona
Last edited by ak27 on Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:27 am, edited 3 times in total.
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety" - Ben Franklin

For Advertising mail webmaster
Katana
Veteran
Veteran

Re: s/w application for automatic shooting score calculation

Post by Katana » Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:51 pm

I believe this kind of software (s/w in your parlance) is already available in the West. Why try and reinvent the wheel?

If you can come up with software for KF /IOF ammo it would be wonderful, since this ammo has it's own characteristics. :lol:

Nevertheless, be advised that scoring pattern differ in disciplines and you would also have to take various factors like bullet loads, charges, distances, atmospheric conditions, altitude, cosine conditions etc. All will make the minutest differences affecting the play and path of projectiles.
Justice alone is the mainstay of government and the source of prosperity to the governed, injustice is the most pernicious of things; it saps the foundations of the government and brings ruin upon the realm - Sher Shah Sur, Sultan-ul-Adil.

spin_drift
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by spin_drift » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:27 pm

there are a bunch of ballistic calculators available for PC and handheld devices.. you many want to look up their tech specifications
I believe in second chances… it’s called reloading

dr.jayakumar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dr.jayakumar » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:12 pm

http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=10719 this post might help you.http://indiansforguns.com/viewforum.php?f=8&start=50and also go through this section on shooting sports.
regards

fantumfan2003
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fantumfan2003 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:15 am

Are you looking at doing something on the lines of SCATT ??

http://www.scatt.com/

It will certainly be a worthy effort.

Let me know if I can be of any help. All the best.....

M.

ak27 wrote:Hello, men of good taste!!
I have always wanted to take shooting as a serious hobby and hopefully in a year or so, the way i look at shooting is going to change drastically.

As it's time for me to start-off with the main project for my B.Tech degree, i have decided to design a web application that would enable oneself to calculate,evaluate,share and compare his target-shooting performance. One might input his/her groupings by scanning an image of the target paper or by selecting the impact points on an image of the target-sheet displayed on the computer-screen. The score calculation, performance evaluation over time, sharing of scores etc., would be done automatically by the system. I can adequately manage the technical complexities and take care of the under-the-hood operation. But, only major problem i am facing is that i am a complete dumbo at how the score is calculated, how the performance is evaluated etc., This is where exactly you people come in.
I request all you knowledgeable people to help me with all the necessary details that are needed to pull this off decently. If I manage to build a decent application, all the IFG members can avail it's services for FREE!
Hope you people like the idea and will be helping me out. I will go through the posts and absorb what i can from them.

regards,
aditya kona
As an example of overcoming adversity, Karoly Takacs has few peers. He was part of Hungary’s world champion pistol-shooting team in 1938, when an army grenade exploded, crippling his right hand. Ten years later, having taught himself to shoot with his left, he won two gold medals in the rapid-fire class.

Darr ke aage jeet hai

dilistimor
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by dilistimor » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:25 am

Dear Aditya Kona,
It has been 6 year since you declare to start an web base app for automatic shooting score.
how it's going today

sushilbiddu
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by sushilbiddu » Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:08 pm

Better go for target scan. A mobile app.