NEED HELP--How to begin (Kolhapur)

All shooting sports - ISSF/ IPSC/ HFT/ Sporting Clays etc.
captainadi110
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

NEED HELP--How to begin (Kolhapur)

Post by captainadi110 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:20 pm

Hello everyone.....

My name is Adi....I m from Kolhapur...maharashtra..............I am a Merchant navy officer on a foreign going vessel.......

I am sort of new one in the community but would like to ask question regarding how to start to persue shooting as a sport in KOLHAPUR......thing is i myself is a gun frantic but unfortunately due to my job......i m nt able to
buy a gun............bt now surely gone.....so can somebody advise me how to go about???......i fired an 303 & .22
before actually my grouping and snap shots were good.......i learned it NCC.......SO PLEASE ADVISE ME ON HOW TO START .........I WANT TO SEEK SHOOTING AS A SPORTS......ND I THINK I M GOOD AT IT.......SO ANYONE FROM KOLHAPUR PLEASE HELP .......ON HOW TO BECOME A MEMBER ND HOW TO PRACTICE ND WHAT PROCEDURE I SHOULD FOLLOW??????????????

PLEASE REPLY

Regards

Adi

For Advertising mail webmaster
goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: NEED HELP--How to begin (Kolhapur)

Post by goodboy_mentor » Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:33 pm

Welcome to IFG, surely someone from around Kolhapur will reply to your query related to joining shooting club. You may also try to search if there is any shooting club in or around Kolhapur. For buying and possessing a firearm you need to get an arms license, please refer legal eagle section of this website. Please avoid capital letters as it is considered as shouting on this forum.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

Virendra S Rathore
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Virendra S Rathore » Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:17 pm

Welcome to IFG captain.
You can start with an Air Rifle.
1. Acquire a .177 or .22 caliber Air rifle and some pellets (usually come free with a new buy).
2. Tightly stuff a (minimum) 1.5 x 2 size carton with newspapers.
3. Find a shooting target image on internet and take a print on A4 size paper.
4. Paste the paper on one side of the carton and take your stance around 10 meters away from it.
You're good to go :) Once you've fired a couple of rounds, you can pause and observe your shots closely at the target on carton. The grouping tells you of both - your performance as well as the accuracy/alignment of the Rifle sights; in case they need adjustment.

Word of advice: Please try avoiding excessive use of pauses like ...................

Happy Shooting
Virendra
Virendra S Rathore

To Take my gun away for I might kill someone is just like cutting my throat for I might yell "Fire !!" in a crowded theatre ..

captainadi110
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by captainadi110 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:14 pm

Thnx for the advice and surely will avoide using capital letters and pauses.Will post once acquire an Airgun.

Regds

Captainadi

airgun_novice
Veteran
Veteran

Post by airgun_novice » Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:21 am

Tejaswini Sawant's from Kolhapur, right ? Also, Rahi Sarnobat ? Why not google them and see if you can find out where they practice. I got one at Dudhali - SH 115, Uttareshwar Peth Kolhapur, Maharashtra. BTW, if you want to take your AP/ AR to a range for practice then make sure you get .177 cal one. Good Luck.
==
O Shea (character): Guns make you nervous ?
Charles Bronson: Guns or the users ? Idiots with guns make me nervous.
(Death Wish V)

dr.jayakumar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dr.jayakumar » Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:26 am

friend,
as far as airguns are concerned there is no age limit.
age limitation is for firearms.
you can take part in competition anytime of your age.
regards