indoor shooting expirience or advice in hot season

All shooting sports - ISSF/ IPSC/ HFT/ Sporting Clays etc.
hornet
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

indoor shooting expirience or advice in hot season

Post by hornet » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:17 am

some indoor air pistol shooting advice during toohot conditions or rainy season .some tips please

For Advertising mail webmaster
dr.jayakumar
Veteran
Veteran

Re: indoor shooting expirience or advice in hot season

Post by dr.jayakumar » Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:08 am

all saftety measures........
pcp's can be loud...take care.

fantumfan2003
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fantumfan2003 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:11 am

For too hot condition...keep yourself hydrated...keep sipping water at regular intervals....
Why would you have problems in the rainy season ?

M.

hornet wrote:some indoor air pistol shooting advice during toohot conditions or rainy season .some tips please
As an example of overcoming adversity, Karoly Takacs has few peers. He was part of Hungary’s world champion pistol-shooting team in 1938, when an army grenade exploded, crippling his right hand. Ten years later, having taught himself to shoot with his left, he won two gold medals in the rapid-fire class.

Darr ke aage jeet hai

airgun_novice
Veteran
Veteran

Post by airgun_novice » Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:51 pm

fantumfan2003 wrote:For too hot condition...keep yourself hydrated...keep sipping water at regular intervals....
Why would you have problems in the rainy season ?

M.

Humidity - lack of free air movement - practicing inside an enclosure without a/c or with a/c not working - shed or roof with a metal sheet - that too covered with tar for water-proofing... perhaps all of these.

FF - I noticed that last few weeks while practicing at our SSSR with its a/c on I still used to sweat within a duration of 1.5-2 hr. So I ended up carrying a 0.5 lt water bottle which I consume totally and if extended beyond 1.5 hr, refill and then again consume totally. Though I sweat, the fatigue's reduce. So definitely dehydration is at work here. Earlier I used to gulp water and then sweat out equally heavily. But last few days, I sip about half the normal and allow it to drip down the throat during breaks. That helps me keep away the thirst and mind from noticing parched throat and lips while practicing.

Hornet - if you are non-diabetic and non-hypertension person, suggest that you keep a 1 lt water with GluconD (orange flavored if you choose) with a pinch of salt added extra for good measure. The glucose will compensate for calories shed and the salt will prevent/ reduce cramps. Better and cheaper than Gatorade. However, you may need to adjust/ increase glucose-salt combo based on the range conditions. A good idea is to carry about 0.5 lt of nimbu-paani if you can somehow retain the coolness at your range and then drink towards the end i.e. after practice. I found that if I drank it *before* then that taste is quite addictive and then yeh dil maange more... Off with focus and concentration then. So I knocked off that habit. :-) After practice nowadays, I drop by my Mother's place for tea before zooming off.
hornet wrote:some indoor air pistol shooting advice during toohot conditions or rainy season .some tips please
==
O Shea (character): Guns make you nervous ?
Charles Bronson: Guns or the users ? Idiots with guns make me nervous.
(Death Wish V)