FRESHER HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All shooting sports - ISSF/ IPSC/ HFT/ Sporting Clays etc.
ROCKERKUMAR
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

FRESHER HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by ROCKERKUMAR » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:06 pm

HI GUYS I WANT TO ENTER FIRING SPORTS CAN U GUYS GUGGEST ME THE STEPS TO ENTER THE SPORT I LIKE AIR RIFLE FIRING, AND I WAS A GOLD MEDALIST IN .22 SPOTTING RIFLE FIRING IN NCC I LIVE IN PONDICHERRY SO PLEASE SUGGEST ANY CLUBS OR TRAINERS CLOSE TO MY PLACE...... :) :)

For Advertising mail webmaster
Amit357
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: FRESHER HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Amit357 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:14 pm

Hi Rocker,ist let me pass my heartiest felicitations on the Gold Medal in the 22 Rifle,2nd let me assure you that it cannot be a case of the " WELL COMING TO THE THIRSTY",as you had mentioned in your post suggesting a club/trainers close to your place,Abhinav Bindra used to go to Germany for training,so you will need to go where your coach/trainer wants you,not vice versa.All the best for your Search.
PS;here at IFG all caps means shouting and the same is considered rude.

Prabhath
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Prabhath » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:41 pm

Welcome aboard Rocker. There is quite a lot of info about getting started, on the forum. Just try to find the right articles and go through them. All the very best.

ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ckkalyan » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:05 pm

Welcome to IFG ROCKERKUMAR,

Congratulations on you having topped at .22 in NCC. I am sure you will find all the information and encouragement you need from the members here.

I suggest that you first spend some time going through the various posts on topics on shooting sports and other headers that interest you. This will also give you a better feel of how to navigate this site and use the various functions. Good Luck. :cheers:
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns!

dr.jayakumar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dr.jayakumar » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:49 pm

welcome friend.you have an internet which can teach you so many things about guns and competition.in fact we have lot of ifg'ians who can help you online.if you have the instinct you don;t need a guru(in person).there are some veterens like our beloved MR.Jaspal rana,i am sure he and many like mr.abhi,subal,naga,elefge,target,chaklyn(and so many i haven't mentioned) all will be very happy to guide you through.happy shooting.

ROCKERKUMAR
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by ROCKERKUMAR » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:45 pm

ok guys i know how to fire guns, &all those things. tell me how to enter a tournament do we need any club membership to enter a tournament or we can go and enroll our name in a tournament without any club membership???? and what will a low end club in chennai charge me for a membership?????

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:20 pm

http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3229

http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4786

first join a club, as most entries would be club approved. Lets say you want to enter in NRAI events one needs to have a club/ association recommendation.

why not ask the low end club in chennai direct as to its fees etc.
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

dr.jayakumar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dr.jayakumar » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:27 pm

rocker just follow naga its step one.and keep posting.its your first lesson.ifg'ians are selfless,so have confidence in them and start your endeavour.most clubs are expensive,i know.keep posting your movements where ever we can we will help you LEGALLY.

ROCKERKUMAR
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by ROCKERKUMAR » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:30 pm

@naga& jayakumar:thanks for the advice il be practising with air rifles upto some june or july until i finish my medical course 1st year because 1st year is very crucial and difficult . but il be practising my skill and after the 1st year is over u guys please help me to enter the sport :cheers: . i could not enter a club because they cost a lot and and i spent a lot of money in my college fees so please help me to come up in the sport by giving guidance and il post again if i need any help thanks guys..........and DR.JAYAKUMAR ARE U A MEDICAL DOCTOR? ?

AK49
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by AK49 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:26 pm

Hi RockerKumar,

Welcome to the family and congratulations for your gold medal. Do not let the enthusiasm fade, keep practicing, and good luck with your studies.

Regards,
Regards,
AK49

dr.jayakumar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dr.jayakumar » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:16 am

yep,i am a general surgeon.never thought a doctor could weild a gun?

ROCKERKUMAR
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by ROCKERKUMAR » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:23 pm

@ DR. JAYAKUMAR :WOW REALLY, A DOCTOR IS A SHOOTER THATS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY WHERE MANY WILL NOT BE ABLE TO GET IT CONGRAGULATIONS DOCTOR AND WHERE ARE U WORKING? IM STUDYING IN PONDICHERRY INSTITUTE OF MEDICAL SCIENCE I THINK U MUST BE KNOWING ABOUT THE COLLEGE.......

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:39 pm

Please avoid using upper case while typing. Here at IFG all caps means shouting and the same is considered rude.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

ROCKERKUMAR
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by ROCKERKUMAR » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:03 pm

@good boy :soory i didnt know that using caps shouting &rude

CanIndianHt
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by CanIndianHt » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:40 pm

M really sorry for repeating this post however it seems like it can do a good job here too.

In my opinion before Nationals you don't really have to own a shooting sport gun. (shooting sports guns = not a weapon) You gotta have confidence mental practice and determination to be a good shooter. You can always rent a gun or equipment in competitions from state teams, or local teams. They would love to help you out for a fee. You can find a club or talk to your local schools which posses air rifle ranges and guns. M sure they will let you practice there or borrow their guns for a little fee. Also its important that you make as many good contacts as you can. It'll definitely help you be get equipments and guns at competitions. About attending competitions on your own. It could be the toughest part of your shooting life, however you can always tag along with your local school teams and stay with them at competitions, offcourse it won't be free but it will seriously get you started. These are not just ideas but facts. This is exactly how I started shooting.

Also about coaching, you don't really need coaching if you know the basics. You learn it all on your own and a coach is not really recommended.
SAY NO TO ACTA