Young Talent denied a shot at the Guwahati National Games

All shooting sports - ISSF/ IPSC/ HFT/ Sporting Clays etc.
cooldude
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by cooldude » Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:01 am

penpusher";p="14348 wrote: Sanjay,

Thanks for the link.Interesting.

penpusher
penpusher. I hope you have found what you were looking for by the link provided by Sanjay?
The day guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns.

For Advertising mail webmaster
penpusher

Re: Young Talent denied a shot at the Guwahati National Game

Post by penpusher » Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:40 am

Sure did.The list of rifle calibres allowed seem to have been drawn up by a moron.30-06,303,7,62/308 :shock: So in the case of Arjuna awardees,top 15 finishers in International Championships,renowned shooters,there is no limit to the no. of Revolvers/Pistols and Rifles that they can own.However for those in the Junior Championship, rifles are limited to 1,above the limit of the Act.In case of shotguns,it's what you say 2 for Skeet and 2 for Trap.

penpusher

shahid

Post by shahid » Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:17 pm

Ah Arindam, here we go. Link has been established. I knew through our network all shooters in Bihar will have connections with each other. Prabhat is a dear friend and a very keen sportsman. He too had a Berreta O/U and later acquired a very nice Jeffery S/S with 28 inch barrels and 2 3/4 inch chambers.

We were together when that very unfortunate incident took place with our group in Imamganj near Nawadah in 2001.

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:55 am

I am truly elated that shooters can import more than one gun.Thanks Sanjay,Arindam and penpusher. Of course this is not to say that the resent conditions are fine.Till then..

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

cooldude
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by cooldude » Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:42 pm

shahid";p="14403 wrote: Ah Arindam, here we go. Link has been established. I knew through our network all shooters in Bihar will have connections with each other. Prabhat is a dear friend and a very keen sportsman. He too had a Berreta O/U and later acquired a very nice Jeffery S/S with 28 inch barrels and 2 3/4 inch chambers.

We were together when that very unfortunate incident took place with our group in Imamganj near Nawadah in 2001.
Yup. I know. He was the only son I believe. Then you must be knowing Kuchhi Babu also? He nearly lost his testicles to a wildboar once, in the same area. Farouq and Kaiser are close friends too. Must be knowing them? The Nawab of Semri Bakhtiarpur.
The day guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns.

shahid

Post by shahid » Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:59 am

Kaiser is my brother ( cousin ). Yes we were all there during that trip to Nawadah. Kucchi Babu in his trademark white pajamas, took us there. Mr. Safdar Imam's bunglow was well equipped for a couple of days of camping.

On that trip it was Prabhad, Kesu Bhai, Farooq Bhai, Sarvesh Singh and Me. Birendar Babu was not well those days, he stayed back in Patna.

Kucchi babu was not very sane or sound then. He used to relate incidents from 1970 as if it happened yesterday.

It was because of carelessness on his part that we ran into a pitched battle with this bunch of armed criminals.

Risala
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Risala » Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:23 pm

"Then you must be knowing Kuchhi Babu also? He nearly lost his testicles to a wildboar once, in the same area."

Arindam,
Couldnt get over this one knew a bloke who once threw his Single Barrel shotgun and climbed a tree,but how did he manage to get whacked in the box.

Thanks

Sanjay

shahid

Post by shahid » Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:19 pm

In case of Kachi Babu I think he lost one of his testicles when a Sambhar Deer goaded his thighs with one of it's horns.

Or perhaps it was the tush of a wild boar. This incident is legendary among the sportsmen of Bihar. I have been hearing this from my father's time and also from my late uncle ( Chaudhry Md. Salauddin ) who was a very keen sportsman. I met Kacchi Babu pretty late. THis 2001 incident was the first time I met him, where he came in and declared at a party that he is swarmed by Green Piegens in Nawadah these days.

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:58 pm

Shahid,

Some of your posts are sailing a bit too close to the wind and leave nothing to the imagination.

If you truly care about IFG, as you profess to, I suggest you be extra careful about what you say here or else I will be forced to take disciplinary measures - something I'd rather not do but wont hesitate doing.

The above appeal-cum-warning applies to a few other members as well.

Mack The Knife

shahid

Post by shahid » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:50 pm

These are incidents from 1970s when a different set of rules applied. Mere old stories. Is there any harm in recounting those ? This gentleman is question Kachhi Babu is an 80 year old vetran. I do not think it will harm IFG in any way.

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:07 pm

"THis 2001 incident was the first time I met him, where he came in and declared at a party that he is swarmed by Green Piegens in Nawadah these days."

No harm in quoting any hunting story prior to the ban on hunting but you will have to state this everytime you relate a hunting story from the past - just to be on the safe side.

Mack The Knife

shahid

Post by shahid » Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:46 pm

Swarmed by Green Piegons visiting his land and orchards. Kachhi babu may be and actually is an oranthologist who loves to view to photograph these birds, and he invites naturalists and friends to view these birds with him ? Where is the hint of any other sporting activity here ?

Now this guy lost his testicles while trying to get overfriendly with some wild beast four decades ago is another story.

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:34 pm

No comments regarding his heroics and no offense to him but he got a really interesting name

Is it pronounced as Kashi babu or is it really kacchi babu.. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:50 pm

shahid";p="14625 wrote:Swarmed by Green Piegons visiting his land and orchards. Kachhi babu may be and actually is an oranthologist who loves to view to photograph these birds, and he invites naturalists and friends to view these birds with him ? Where is the hint of any other sporting activity here ?
This is a gun and shooting forum, not a photography forum. Unless you are spercific, what inferences do you think people are going to make?

Mack The Knife

shahid

Post by shahid » Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:47 pm

No his name is Kacchi babu, which can mean from the region of Kacch or it could even mean Underwear in Hindi.