Shooting Academy

All shooting sports - ISSF/ IPSC/ HFT/ Sporting Clays etc.
hvj1
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Re: Shooting Academy

Post by hvj1 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:33 pm

Hello Vikramdutta
It appears to me that you are quite interested in the sport. Thats good, I suggest that you go to the nearest trap&skeet range, Karni Singh Ranges, spend some time with trap shooters there, the pointers and advice you will get there, will provide you a much more clearer picture, regarding how to go about trap shooting. Bear in mind that the sport is ultra expensive. If you can afford it comfortably and your famly supports you, then I am quite sure you will find a way.
I am not aware of any trap & skeet club, if there is one, which charges reasonable fees, then you could join one. Be prepared to shell out through your nose though.
All the best.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Amit357
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Amit357 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:39 pm

Hi hv,let the poor guy get a Arms Licence,think he will be done by the time thats over,if the guy is lucky and still wants to shoot Trap/Skeet then we will try and help him on the rest.Vikram dont take this the wrong way,there are a lot of people who can shoot and have a love for not just trap/skeet,even centre fire/Rimfire and other shooting events,but the Red Tape of India alongwith the unhelpful attitude of NRAI & state shooting associations they are discouraged and move on.The sad part is that it is not just in shooting but everywhere,with a population of 1.2 Billion we still get one Gold medal in the Olympics and that even a Shooter in the Air Rifle catgorey.Shooting in India is a sport which is pretty expansive not because of the sport but the Red Tapism.Try and beat it,we wish you all the best :cheers:

vikram.dutta
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by vikram.dutta » Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:55 pm

Thank you guys for portraying the real picture and also for the encouragement.

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:02 pm

If you ever travel to a country that has facilities to shoot, cost effective and quality training can be had very easily.Especially the quality of coaching can be quite professional.

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

hvj1
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by hvj1 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:05 am

Hi Amit,
I was just hoping that you would chime in, thanks, the fellow needs all the encouragement. I know for sure, that you alone can give him really good advice on REALLY how to start on this sport. If we ask him to acquire a license first, he might as well give up hope. Unless offcourse he is well connected like one of the chaps here who buys a gun per week.
Amit, I think we should help this chap out, so why dont we pool our collective knowledge and see if he can cut the mustard? :D
Regards

vikram.dutta
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by vikram.dutta » Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:52 pm

:D