CWG - anyone coming?

All shooting sports - ISSF/ IPSC/ HFT/ Sporting Clays etc.
Virendra S Rathore
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

CWG - anyone coming?

Post by Virendra S Rathore » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:35 am

Gentlemen,

Now that the games are approaching (hopefully to happen really :oops: ), I thought it is time to start a thread here.
Is anyone coming to see the events at Karni Singh shooting range?
I'm planning to go on 7th Oct to enjoy the double trap.

Regards,
Virendra
Virendra S Rathore

To Take my gun away for I might kill someone is just like cutting my throat for I might yell "Fire !!" in a crowded theatre ..

For Advertising mail webmaster
goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: CWG - anyone coming?

Post by goodboy_mentor » Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:04 am

enjoy the double trap
Enjoy the double trap or double death trap? :wink: Concrete structures are collapsing and falling on people. Bridges are collapsing and falling on laborers. Dengue mosquitos are preying around. Killers are roaming and government wants everybody to be unarmed. I'll prefer to stay away from all this scam and scandal called CWG. :twisted:
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

SYED833
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by SYED833 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:14 am

trust the indian bureaucracy to screw this event up,and they did it,,in a very embarrasing manner...after a long time INDIA had been given the chance to show to the world something good..and unfortunately we as a country have lost panache..and credability..

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:26 am

good Lord no, sit might clasp. its more dangerous than the naxal country.
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

Virendra S Rathore
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Virendra S Rathore » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:50 am

Not to deny the mess, but I thought double trap was an outdoor event :mrgreen:
Hell yes I feel more safe under the sky than anything built by these shameless clowns.

By the way, have you been watching their response to hygiene blunders and the bridge collapse?
Utter garbage reasoning. A thief would never accept of his theft.

The only thing that will take me to the event (if at all) is the pride to watch Indian shooters battle it out and the love for the sport.
Virendra S Rathore

To Take my gun away for I might kill someone is just like cutting my throat for I might yell "Fire !!" in a crowded theatre ..

thomast1
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by thomast1 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:10 am

Virendra S Rathore wrote:The only thing that will take me to the event (if at all) is the pride to watch Indian shooters battle it out and the love for the sport.
yes Mate , you said it. but the nwes yesterday and today has more threats of countries pulling out!! Its going to be sad if there is no serious contention! Hope the guys pullout a miracle..

And defintely after this, every single MF who screwed CWG to this extend should be exiled with no mercy!!! and their pictures should be used instead of bulls eye in all Shooting\ Archery competitions and Ranges in India for the next 5 years!!!

Thomas

rishudhawan
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by rishudhawan » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:43 am

on a lighter note...maybe no one but Indians will compete :) and we win all the awards :D

rover12
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by rover12 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:50 am

"The only thing common, is the Wealth"... Read that somewhere... That about sums up the entire fiasco!!!

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:03 pm

rishudhawan wrote:on a lighter note...maybe no one but Indians will compete :) and we win all the awards :D

that is the cunning plan. and you found out. how much? to keep you silent. :(
Nagarifle

prashantsingh
Poster of the Month - Aug 2011
Poster of the Month - Aug 2011

Post by prashantsingh » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:30 pm

nagarifle wrote:
rishudhawan wrote:on a lighter note...maybe no one but Indians will compete :) and we win all the awards :D

that is the cunning plan. and you found out. how much? to keep you silent. :(

Was the recent firing and blast in Old Delhi also a part of the plan to scare away the CWG participants?

Poor construction quality, collapsing overbridges, leaking stadiums, overcrowded roads and now a threat to human life.............will surely keep many big names out of the games .
End of the Day, I am sure India's medal tally would be quite respectable and the same media will call these Games a grand success .
Last edited by prashantsingh on Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

eaglesharp10
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by eaglesharp10 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:31 pm

i think HM should better concentrate on corruption of his party member (kalmadi)and on terriorist then disarming citizens

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:36 pm

Aren't we all forgetting something?.... as per our good government's belief... any non-government or non-ruling elite person armed with our without a license is a threat to the very fabric of modern society.

The Karni Singh shooting range is going to be crawling with such sinister characters. Since its common 'knowledge' that all non-establishment armed folk are communal anti-national/social homicidal maniacs, I'm not risking my life going to such an evil place.
He who can not think, is a fool; he who will not, a bigot; he who dare not - a slave!

amit888_2000
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by amit888_2000 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:18 pm

Virendra S Rathore wrote:Is anyone coming to see the events at Karni Singh shooting range?
Yes, Mr Rathore, I was there, shooting championship, and with the officials also.(VIII COMMONWEALTH SHOOTING
FEDERATION CHAMPIONSHIP, 17-28 FEB 2010)

we saw all the ranges 10m, 25m, 50m, trap & skeet. Ranges were very nicely designed, well equiped, but outside range was a mess.

No food counter, no water cooler, security woun't let u get ur own.

All cars were parked 3 km before the KSSR range gate, and checking starts 2 km before the parking area.
when u enter tuglakabad shooting cut, a policemen will ask u for ur pass or invitation if u dont have u are back routed 2 km before parking area.

After parking ur car, security check, and then a bus ride to KSSR gate, again all id's, spl passes, spl invitations are varified outside the gate, and after all clearances, u allowed to enter the gate with security check again.
And then u enter range finally, now u free to go anywhere.

From KSSR gate to cleridges hotel only comandos & spl forces, as this is the way to foreign participents, and when bus starts from hotel to range abt 3 km, 1 police gypsy in front - 1 at the back of the bus, eash bus having 4 commandos.

Inside 10m,25m & 50m, no issues, but lot's of issues with trap - double trap - & skeet.
Now they have rectified, but at double trap & trap range 1 major fault which they can't rectify. The fault is where shooter's stand they are exposed to comple sunlight, where as it should not be the case, a big dome/shade is created but it doesn't solve the perpose.

That's my true experience.
)))cheers!!!

-- Wed Sep 22, 2010 15:30 --

1 incident, i forgot to mention,
It was my 4th day, and morning approx 8am, after all security is thru, when we were going in bus to KSSR gate, by security mistake a constable who was very much new to this security arangement, in our bus reached the gate of KSSR shooting range, without security check. As he was entring, all metal dectors beeped, this contable was immediately surrounded by spl forces, and on gun point thrown to the ground, with his hands on back and cuffed.
I was abt to enter the gate, and was thrown back, immediately. after frisking him, it was detected he was carrying a glock 9mm with full mag (concealed in his Ankle holster). He was immediately taken by commandos, and was suspended till further enquiry.

God Bless Us All (Amen)
)))cheers!!!

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:39 pm

save us all you mean :lol:
Nagarifle

ven99
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by ven99 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:53 pm

hi

after reading this there are no words to say i accept 100/100 with mr .rathore
and the friend who says wealth is common ......ha ha ha
regards
amreeth