Evidence of how much the NRAI does for the shooting sports

All shooting sports - ISSF/ IPSC/ HFT/ Sporting Clays etc.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Evidence of how much the NRAI does for the shooting spor

Post by Mack The Knife » Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:46 am

Mehul,

OT but have a look at the poll results for, "Should the Renowned Shot Category only be restricted to the top 25 shooters in Nationals?"

There is an incredible 38.8% that actually want it restricted to the top 25 only.

Mack The Knife

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:18 am

I just checked there.What kind of dumb ____________ (fill in your choice of word) :evil: would vote like that on a shooting forum?

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:23 am

Sad, isn't it?

I know it takes all kinds but did not think there would be so many.

Mack The Knife

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:29 am

Any guesses who are these guys..can't be shooters for sure or are they?

You know I always wondered something about this site. Whenever you go there will be 15-20 people online. Is it really getting that much traffic :?

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:44 am

kanwar76";p="9844 wrote:Any guesses who are these guys..can't be shooters for sure or are they?
I would bet that they are indeed shooters - shooters who have made it to the first 25, who themselves qualify for imports AND (now this is important), would much rather limit the competition they face by ensuring that others do not have as much access (to proper equipment) as they do... Takes all kinds, as they say...
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

Sujay
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Sujay » Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:53 am

My take is they are shooters and also some misinformed visitors who do not know the effects of such classification. The latter might have taken the poll in a different context.
A man should have a hobby. It keeps him out of trouble.

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:07 am

Abhijeet,

exactly what i waqs thinking? One question. How many guns one can import if reach top 25? and can it be sold or same rules apply like TR?

-Inder
PS:I did little R&D about number of visitors. Its all about Meta tags. If you search in google using shooting india or any other combination using these words, it will take you to the site.. Something which we also need to do.. Abhijeet
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:00 am

From what Mack The Knife had posted earlier,I do believe that now anybody who reaches the minimum qualifying score can import a firearm.

Inder,

The import of one firearm is allowed at one point of time along with a max of 15,000 cartridges.Since the import for renowned shooters is free of duty,the permission of the Customs dept has to be sought before the firearm can be sold.The Customs dept. can provide you with the method adopted for this.The general grounds is that the firearm is old and used to a point that it no longer serves the purpose of the shooter or words to that effect :wink:

penpusher

N.B.: penpusher, I have edited your post to include the word renowned.

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:29 am

Any guesses who are these guys..can't be shooters for sure or are they?

Inder, has three months in the U.S. made you forget the Indian mentallity of not wanting others to succeed?

I would not paint all renowned shots with the same brush but it really wouldn't surprise me if a few did vote for the restrictions to remain in place. Also, bear in mind that some of the restrictive votes may have come from people in the gun trade or those shooters who go for overseas comps and bring back match airguns to be sold at a profit. There is no shortage of vested interests.

Mehul, sorry for the thread hijack.

Mack The Knife

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:40 am

Inder,

The lock-in period for selling a duty free gun (air or cartridge) is two or three years. Or is it five? Definitely not more than five though.

One can only import those firearms for the discipline in which one has qualified.

Mack The Knife

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:14 pm

kanwar76";p="9859 wrote:PS:I did little R&D about number of visitors. Its all about Meta tags. If you search in google using shooting india or any other combination using these words, it will take you to the site.. Something which we also need to do.. Abhijeet
Completely OT - but I'll bite! ;) Inder, the days of meta tags improving search rankings are long past... due to unscrupulous site owners misusing these tags, successful search engines like Google now place far more emphasis on other aspects of a site's content along with how many sites link back to the site (google page rank). While an entire lesson in Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) is not possible on this thread, suffice to say, what we need is more sites linking to us to help improve our rankings on Google.

Do not forget Indianshooting.com had a proper press release where the site was launched by Col. Rathore and they got decent coverage in the media here, hence links to the site are mentioned on several well ranked media sites...

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

badshah0522
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by badshah0522 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:24 pm

MERA BHARAT MAHAN
"Strength is not about how strong u can kick, it's about how strong the life is kicking u and u standup again to keep on going"

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:37 pm

penpusher";p="9862 wrote: From what Mack The Knife had posted earlier,I do believe that now anybody who reaches the minimum qualifying score can import a firearm.

Inder,

The import of one firearm is allowed at one point of time along with a max of 15,000 cartridges.Since the import for renowned shooters is free of duty,the permission of the Customs dept has to be sought before the firearm can be sold.The Customs dept. can provide you with the method adopted for this.The general grounds is that the firearm is old and used to a point that it no longer serves the purpose of the shooter or words to that effect :wink:

penpusher

N.B.: penpusher, I have edited your post to include the word renowned.

Thanks penpusher,

Are you sure about removal of restriction of top 25 shooters? And do they have some timeline or something after which shooter can again import shells? Or they specify something like 15000 for one year or six months only?

Sorry for the questions but I think this can help many people.

-Inder

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:53 pm

Thanks for the explanation Rusty,
Mack The Knife Bana";p="9864 wrote: Inder, has three months in the U.S. made you forget the Indian mentallity of not wanting others to succeed?
Mack The Knife
No Mack The Knife, I was thinking on the same lines but its a bit hard to digest that people can be so selfish :(. And going by this, all our expectations of top shooters joining hands in the cause are just dreams...

You know this poll also prove one more thing; this is the reason why we never hear views of any top shooter on import ban. I really don't know how hard it is for them but if people like Rathore and Manavjit singh sandhu along with some other toppers approach prime minister and President then they will surely listen. They are both quite logical men and I am sure something can be done this way.

If I am not wrong even Rathore had some problems importing his Perrazi..

It’s been more than two decades since this ban is in effect. If these people wanted these restrictions would have been removed since long at least for the shooters. It’s really sad to know that shooters are also responsible for the said condition of shooting sports in INDIA.

-Inder

PS: I think we should start a new thread explaining rules of import for top shooters.
Last edited by kanwar76 on Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.