CWG - anyone coming?

All shooting sports - ISSF/ IPSC/ HFT/ Sporting Clays etc.
kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Re: CWG - anyone coming?

Post by kanwar76 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:51 am

amit888_2000 wrote:CWG is actually rocking
Yep that is the new mantra, which people started chanting after some articles in newspapers and rubbish sites like Rediff. Kalmadi is predicting 70 medals now and things are looking rosy again.

Soon everything will be forgotten and these same people will look chances to con INDIAN "Janta" again

We are too easy to please: roll:

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

For Advertising mail webmaster
Sujay
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Sujay » Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:27 pm

kanwar76 wrote:
amit888_2000 wrote:CWG is actually rocking
We are too easy to please: roll:

-Inder
Not "Please" , "BRIBE". :mrgreen:

Or did you miss the emphasis on 'Gooddies' , ignoring everything else ? Like Doctors not given Accreditation Cards till 4 days back, fire dept clearance not obtained, army being called in ( please send 300 'tradesmen' immediately to clean up the mess , is the message sent to army), that overbridge finally handed over to army etc. etc. etc...

And what do you give the armed forces for this ? You know Inder the icing on the cake which has not been discussed in this thread ? Long before this hullabaloo, army was specifically requested to fore go the payment which they were charging for providing manpower ( including officers) for security and smooth conduct of the games. On refusal, the matter was taken up with defence ministry.

Priority is on "singing and dancing" , "theme song" , "laser show", "fee for marketing rights management" etc where even delaying payment is not considered and these people have the temerity to ask armed forces to "fore go" the payment itself :shock:

What to do ? First "Gooddies" have to be distributed !

Living among educated but spineless persons is more demoralizing than the uneducated ones because the latter at least is not aware of his rights. But the educated one is pimping his right to exist as a human being , HIMSELF using the tools of his education.

Next time, when Indian shooters in a domestic event are herded in a school compound with overflowing bathrooms, kept unfed and asked to walk to the range at 7 AM in the morning , all the time being kicked about by the officials, no channel will cover it and no paper will print it because .... yes, you guessed it. We are prepared to accept that for some GOODDIES :mrgreen:
A man should have a hobby. It keeps him out of trouble.

drifter
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by drifter » Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:46 pm

Ha ha I am sure that was kalmadi's plan, give all the international particapants a raw deal and then they pull out and he gets to predict 70 gold medals. He sure has a crystal ball, this guy is smart.

OverUnderPump
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by OverUnderPump » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:20 am

The Cr*p mound is still piling up.
Half of Commonwealth Games volunteers disappear with kit

NEW DELHI: The spirit of the Games doesn't seem to be prevailing. Seen to be an essential ingredient of the Games, volunteers have gone missing. An estimated 10,000 volunteers have dropped out after enrolling for the mega sports show.

The volunteers have displayed less than expected zest for the Games due to what is seen as a combination of reasons ranging from random allocation of responsibilities, relatively unglamorous assignments and poor training and motivation.

A part of the problem also seems to have been the terms offered to volunteers. Instead of payments, the experience of participating in the Games with a certificate at the end of the event are the main rewards. However, there is also a smart set of clothes - the kit costs Rs 12,000 - besides meals while at work.

While these terms are the norm at most such events, the thrill and experience of the job and an opportunity to watch top athletes being the big hook, the attrition rate of volunteers has been rather high. Beset with controversies, the Games have perhaps not proved too attractive for many who signed up.

Sources said the missing volunteers have gone away with their uniforms that might have been what they found to be of interest. Perhaps, they should have been paid a daily allowance at least. Some of the work is quite tough and requires good communication skills, said an official who confirmed mass desertions.

The situation has led to private parties having to step up their participation. "We are doing all that has been asked of us," said Abhijit Sarkar, spokesperson of Sahara group. Many of the volunteers at the airport and Village are from the group.

It is being hoped that the volunteers will return as those who did turn up at the Village have made a good impression on athletes who have moved in. It is also possible that the volunteers could not be immune from the overall ineptness that has marked the functioning of the OC. There is concern over how the logistics of the events will be affected by the lack of volunteers though some feel there is enough human resource.

The volunteers were part of the effort to make the Games a participatory event and with nearly half of the total 22,000 going AWOL, it is quite a hole to fill. Complaints of missing volunteers have been pouring in at the airport and important centres, even though an official associated with the volunteer programme claimed that all of them turned up at the Village.

Volunteers have been given two pairs of vibrant uniforms, free Metro passes from home to venues and packaged food. These volunteers have been trained by Amity University. It is also being wondered how the catering contracts will be honoured as the caterers would be making a certain number of food packets every day.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/cwga ... 654538.cms

regards
8)
OUP
The universe was born with a BIG BANG, no wonder guns run in my blood.

Disclaimer: My post is either a question or a reply to one. I am stating an opinion. If my opinion differs from yours, It's not intended as an insult.

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:05 am

still early yet , lets wait 4 more days and see the event unfold :)
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

amit888_2000
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by amit888_2000 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:34 pm

Sharing an e-mail,

Many hundreds of years ago in a small Italian town, a merchant had the misfortune of owing a large sum of money to the moneylender. The moneylender, who was old and ugly, fancied the merchant's beautiful daughter so he proposed a bargain. He said he would forgo the merchant's debt if he could marry the daughter. Both the merchant and his daughter were horrified by the proposal.

The moneylender told them that he would put a black pebble and a white pebble into an empty bag. The girl would then have to pick one pebble from the bag. If she picked the black pebble, she would become the moneylender's wife and her father's debt would be forgiven. If she picked the white pebble, she need not marry him and her father's debt would still be forgiven. But if she refused to pick a pebble, her father would be thrown into jail.

They were standing on a pebble-strewn path in the merchant's garden. As they talked, the moneylender bent over to pick up two pebbles. As he picked them up, the sharp-eyed girl noticed that he had picked up two black pebbles and put them into the bag. He then asked the girl to pick her pebble from the bag.

What would you have done if you were the girl? If you had to advise her, what would you have told her? Careful analysis would produce three possibilities:

The girl should refuse to take a pebble.
The girl should show that there were two black pebbles in the bag and expose the moneylender as a cheat.
The girl should pick a black pebble and sacrifice herself in order to save her father from his debt and imprisonment.
The above story is used with the hope that it will make us appreciate the difference between lateral and logical thinking.

Read on...

The girl put her hand into the moneybag and drew out a pebble. Without looking at it, she fumbled and let it fall onto the pebble-strewn path where it immediately became lost among all the other pebbles.

"Oh, how clumsy of me," she said. "But never mind, if you look into the bag for the one that is left, you will be able to tell which pebble I picked."

Since the remaining pebble is black, it must be assumed that she had picked the white one. And since the moneylender dared not admit his dishonesty, the girl changed what seemed an impossible situation into an advantageous one.

MORAL OF THE STORY

: Most complex problems do have a solution, sometimes we have to think about them in a different way.

My understanding - They (kalmadi & party) have already burned tax payers money, then why not people be a part of the mega event, or the other side - run with the goodies. Completely how they find themself comfortable with.
:cheers:

OverUnderPump
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by OverUnderPump » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:52 pm

INR 50000-60000 Crores vis-a-vis just INR 12,000 worth of goodies.
I'm sure the public would love to 'run' with more goodies :twisted: .

regards
8)
OUP
The universe was born with a BIG BANG, no wonder guns run in my blood.

Disclaimer: My post is either a question or a reply to one. I am stating an opinion. If my opinion differs from yours, It's not intended as an insult.

amit888_2000
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by amit888_2000 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:02 pm

INR 12,000/- x 10,000 Volunteers,
will make atleast some % happy
The bottom line is - people should be happy, (still cheap deal for kalmadi & party).

shooter
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by shooter » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:46 pm

Went to the range yesterday to shoot and met one of the Trap shooters

As i am writing this he is on his flight to Delhi. He was joking that he is leaving at the last minute to prevent the chances of 'accident'.

Somehow the trap team are under the impression that there are wolves running around in Delhi and were talking of coming with some BB shells just in case......

I told them that the term 'jangli kutta' has been lost in translation from stray dogs to wolves.
They were very amused.

I told them to wish the Indian team good luck on my behalf and how i wishedIndia would win a lot of medals. They werent very amused. :wink:

-- 30 Sep 2010, 11:30 --

Oh BTW I remember talking to one of the officials in charge of the volunteers section many many months ago that in the youth CWG in pune earlier, 90% of volunteers had gone AWOL and back then they only got a Tshirt and a bag etc.

They had decided to 'learn from this mistake' and this was an expected problem esp in the light that the goodies are worth more. (actually they are worth much lss than 12000; thats a figure n paper). More money in pockets :wink: ).

So they were supposed to impliment the plan to 'sign contracts' (yeah like we Indians would honour it) with volunteers to prevent them from going AWOl and to rope in private companies.

This was almost a year ago.

The most feasible plan was going to be to give the volunteers the kit afterthe games. And this is my understanding is what was supposed to happen. In fact a separate dept. was set to prevent this thing from happening. Every official has a responisibility for a certain number of volunteers and is accountable for them. These officials are temps under contracts, not babus.

What i am trying to say is that if 20,000 kits 'disappear' and 'volunteers' are to be blamed then the items in these kits can later be sold separately easily for 5000 or netajis pota, nati, bhatija, padosi, pa's grandson, jawai's brother's neighbour's doctor's son etc etc can get to wear them.

Are we smart or what.

Lateral thinking.
You want more gun control? Use both hands!

God made man and God made woman, but Samuel Colt made them equal.

One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. by Jose Gasset.

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:48 pm

Amit,

You can take a printout of the story and shove it up Mr.kalmadi's A$$. bug*3r is talking about Olympic in INDIA :roll:

http://www.ndtv.com/article/commonwealt ... ream-56055

Do not get me wrong, I am all for Olympic's in INDIA but not until we got people sleeping without food, kids without education.

Sujay,

These bu$$ers ate from money for the coffins of Jawans, what else you expect from them. BTW Nice to see you back. Please keep visiting often.

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

miss_3006
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by miss_3006 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:56 pm

Olympics in India, another chance to gobble up public money, more tax burden on middle class, more poor people displaced. India Shining!

prashantsingh
Poster of the Month - Aug 2011
Poster of the Month - Aug 2011

Post by prashantsingh » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:13 pm

Here is another one of the jokes on the CWG

"I am worried about the 100 meters race at the CW Games.
They might fix a board near the start line........'GO SLOW . MEN AT WORK' ".

Virendra S Rathore
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Virendra S Rathore » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:01 pm

yeah even I got that mail which had this animated pic of the board near start line :mrgreen:
Virendra S Rathore

To Take my gun away for I might kill someone is just like cutting my throat for I might yell "Fire !!" in a crowded theatre ..

amit888_2000
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by amit888_2000 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:41 pm

Gr8 Grand Opening, CWG, India Rocked
3 cheers)))

Devrishi
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Devrishi » Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:20 pm

I too loved the fantastic Opening Ceremony...

:)