IDPA/IPSIC shooting

All shooting sports - ISSF/ IPSC/ HFT/ Sporting Clays etc.
eklavya
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

IDPA/IPSIC shooting

Post by eklavya » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:35 am

Dear friends,

Any body here shoots/used to shoot in idpa/ipsc matches...

Regards,
Vikas

For Advertising mail webmaster
HSharief
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by HSharief » Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:23 am

I shot a few matches with my Glock, I shot one match with a borrowed revolver too. Its amazing and a lot of fun only limited by the creativity of the course designers. I will start back again as soon as I can.

Here's my gear/rig.
The small mags are 17 rounders and the long ones 34s.
Last edited by HSharief on Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:54 am

Sharief bhai post some pictures of the Glock ;>

Best

eklavya
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: IDPA/IPSIC shooting

Post by eklavya » Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:07 pm

Hi Mr. Sharief,

Are you in U.S. Right now? which state?

Best

HSharief
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by HSharief » Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:41 am

ngrewal";p="37622 wrote: Sharief bhai post some pictures of the Glock ;>
Posted picture, wonder if you saw it yet ;)
eklavya";p="37745 wrote: Hi Mr. Sharief,

Are you in U.S. Right now? which state?
Yes, In Michigan.

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:19 am

Thanks Bhai for sharing the pictures

Best

Love2Shoot
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Love2Shoot » Fri May 30, 2008 10:17 pm

I realize that India is not an "official" member if IPSC, but I was wondering if there are regular IPSC (or even IDPA) matches conducted in India. If so, where are they held? Anything nearby Delhi?

L2S

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Sat May 31, 2008 4:34 am

Love2Shoot";p="44718 wrote: I realize that India is not an "official" member if IPSC, but I was wondering if there are regular IPSC (or even IDPA) matches conducted in India. If so, where are they held? Anything nearby Delhi?

L2S
Afraid not! Only ISSF shooting disciplines are currently shot in India. So, no IPSC, no sporting clays etc. :(

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

Love2Shoot
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Love2Shoot » Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:43 am

So, has anyone ever tried to form an Indian body of IPSC? Checking out the IPSC constitution, it appears the following are necessary:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IPSC shall not accept individual memberships, but individuals who are members of an IPSC-affiliated body or members of the Executive Council are deemed to be members of IPSC.

Bodies wishing to affiliate to IPSC shall make application to the Executive Council and shall provide whatever information it may require. On notification of acceptance, they shall forward to the Executive Council a banker's order for the appropriate and currently prevailing affiliation fee.

Before accepting an application for affiliation the Executive Council shall satisfy itself that the applicant body:

(1) is democratically constituted,

(2) is responsible to its membership,

(3) is representative of the Practical shooters within the Region concerned,

(4) will respect the Principles of Practical Shooting and apply them in its championship programme.

See ipsc.org for more...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I seem to recall two major sticking points for most countries being disallowed entry in to IPSC. The first, was not allowing individual firearms ownership in said country. The second, is more based on the rule that in order for a pistol to be legal for the matches, it must be at least 9mm in caliber/diameter (i.e. 9mm luger/parabellum.) And many countries do not allow ownership of pistols that are chambered as such. Any thoughts on these points?

L2S

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:55 am

Well, 9mm para is a prohibited bore in India and consequently private ownership of firearms in this chambering is severely limited. For that matter so is .45 ACP...

Furthermore the only handgun ammo manufactured in India for sale to civilians is .22 LR, .32 ACP and .32 S&W. For all other calibres one must depend on expensive and intermittent supplies of imported ammunition.

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

HSharief
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by HSharief » Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:30 pm

You can do IPSC (I) or IDPA (Indian). Considering the situation, maybe you can form some rules in line with what is avail in India. Maybe a 22, 32, 357/38 class.

Only limited by your imagination. Maybe for starters, let the guys use whatever they have, all mixed then next time split them into classes.

Maybe you can do one at the paintball arena with paintball guns ;)

alcatraz
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by alcatraz » Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:51 am

Love2Shoot";p="44826 wrote:So, has anyone ever tried to form an Indian body of IPSC?

I seem to recall two major sticking points for most countries being disallowed entry in to IPSC. The first, was not allowing individual firearms ownership in said country. The second, is more based on the rule that in order for a pistol to be legal for the matches, it must be at least 9mm in caliber/diameter (i.e. 9mm luger/parabellum.) And many countries do not allow ownership of pistols that are chambered as such. Any thoughts on these points?
Greetings to all.

I am quite familiar with organising a new IPSC body because I previously assisted my friend to form IPSC in Taiwan, which also has quite strict gun laws for civilians. A few points:

1. If 9x19mm is prohibited (like Italy), you can use 9x21mm or 38 Super (very popular in IPSC).
2. Even if you can't shoot full bore right away in India, you can shoot in nearby countries like Sri Lanka.
3. The IPSC people are very friendly and helpful. They are not snobs like some shooting organisations.
4. The cost to organise a new IPSC body is only US$600 per year. This is actually very reasonable if you have 30 people giving US$20 each!
5. I have tried all types of shooting, but nothing compares to the fun and excitement of IPSC.

If you guys want to move forward, there's a "How do I join?" link at ipsc.org with more information.

Andy

Baljit
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Baljit » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:06 am

i am shooting in ipsc last 9 years i am in open A class shooter , i have a 38 super for my open and also 40s&w for standed if you like to make some friend count me on that

Baljit