Guys Guns are not for Indians in India

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
tutsamewasa
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Guys Guns are not for Indians in India

Post by tutsamewasa » Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:49 pm

Hello Friends,

First of all sorry for being inactive for quite some time. Thats all different story but anyways I wanted to share my experience of Arms License renewal. Ahhhhhhh no man no rifle no Shotgun it was MLG and a Tahsildar shb does that.

My MLG license was hanging for a year as I was in BBSR and one of the Tahsildar who was known to my family well also refused my elder br saying there are new rules and he (me) has to be presented. Gud so this time when I was around. The Tasildar post was empty as the earler Tahsildar shb was transfered and acting shb was Nayab Tahsildar, a promoted Patwari :) sad.

Ok Now the real story begins: I reach to Tahsil met Babu, Acting Tahsildar shb is away from tahsil. No I was submit few documents.

One Typed application
One form
One declaration on Stamp pf 10 Rs with few point like there is no case against me, I am not a vitness etc .
fine after getting all these document I was with babuji again now babuji says that the stamp is to be Auth signed and stamped with Auth officer.

Cool I found the auth officer I was happy thatI foung a gentalman looking person in a rural tahsil. A young chap I thought at least he would be better yes he took 10 bucks signed my paper go my sign on that paper and now.................... He asks me do you know anybody here? (I was frustrated by then as this whole process took 3 hours. ) I said no but Idared to ask why. Now this gentalman says to varify that this sign is mine :) that I did infront of him. Oh my god kep my cool. But requested him then I said I can show you identity that has a similar sign and can give you copy as well. I tool out my PAN card that has India Govt sign and I guess this educated man had never seen the PAN so he thought I might be from some central Govt dept. Happy I got my paper.

Went back to babuji requested that see Tahsildar shb is still not there (by that time it was 3:30PM so 4-5 hours in all for me.) Can you please varify my Gun and then I can leave as I work outstation and my brother can come to you later, he sort of agreed varified the gun, number etc. But you know what After 2+ month license is still not renewed. My brother went to tahsil 6-8 time but tahsildar shb was always on some sort of tour.

So friends get ready for all stupid papers to get enev MLG licese renewed.

Any any lawer there? can I file a PIL? See other applications can be piled and shb can sign when he is there but arms license needs the person, the shb, the application, the gun. So there has to be somebody taking care of these? It wan't be possible for a normal person to handle guns for longer time ifthis stupid frustrating process continues. I am able to as I am not normal I am mad bout my Guns :)

Thanks

Hemendra Singh

For Advertising mail webmaster
Kshatriya
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Kshatriya » Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:31 pm

Hemendra, the process u have described gets repeated in almost all the towns/tehsils of India, where the previledge of owning a gun has to be earned the hard way.
A few places like Ludhiana have taken the lead in mending the procedure so that it becomes much less taxing for the end user but the smaller places would take time reaching that level of efficiency.
This is just renewal, try getting a new licence to have the full taste of red tape.
Hope ur licence gets renewed soon & welcome to IFG.
U.S Army Rifle Cal .30 M1917 Remington Bolt Action
Cal 32 ACP IOF Pistol

tutsamewasa
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by tutsamewasa » Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:47 pm

Hi Kshatriya,

Thanks :) Your state atleast shars same story with mine, relaxes me that oh I am not alone :) but still it is real sad part man. Specially after working in corporate world and get things done quick in any service sector and then when you face these stupid thing it makes me real sad. On top of that I also have a difference experience is that this quota has got lot of reserved cat people as these officers

Oh yes about new license yes man I had that experience for getting my MLG and .22 license and the same I am facing to get .22 for National permit and a new shotgun license.....................

I have just visiated Las Vegas and there were shooting clubs where you even as tourist can just walk in and shoot from range of weapons my "Mera Bharat Mahan"

Hemendra Singh

mehulkamdar

Re: Guys Guns are not for Indians in India

Post by mehulkamdar » Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:44 am

Hemendra,

I understand what you mean. FOreigners in countries like the USA have more rights than Indians have in their own country when it comes to gun ownership. And then, you may have missed the discussion that we had here - I wanted to bring a 505 Gibbs rifle to India on a short trip so that friends at IFG could shoot it but I cannot. Wy? Because I still have an Indian passport. If I was a US citizen, I would have been given a license.

Sadly, we now have a government of Indians who treat us as badly as our former colonial rulers used to...

Mehul

Bhargav
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Bhargav » Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:17 pm

What crap man, seriously its high time to revolutionize the whole process in India.

Shooting is getting more and more popular as sport now and govt. should seriously easeup the whole process.

piyushpdsingh
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by piyushpdsingh » Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:35 am

Hemendra,
File an application under The Right To Information Act-2005.Ask for info on your application like where it is held up,when will it be cleared, what action will be taken against the person holding it etc.
Any any lawer there? can I file a PIL? See other applications can be piled and shb can sign when he is there but arms license needs the person, the shb, the application, the gun. So there has to be somebody taking care of these? It wan't be possible for a normal person to handle guns for longer time ifthis stupid frustrating process continues. I am able to as I am not normal I am mad bout my Guns :)

Thanks

Hemendra Singh
Piyush Pal Dhari Singh