Need legal advice / representation for setting air gun ammunition manufacturing facility.

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
Ken
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Need legal advice / representation for setting air gun ammunition manufacturing facility.

Post by Ken » Sat Jul 22, 2023 12:20 pm

Hello, I am planning to set up air gun ammunition manufacturing facility in Maharashtra. After going through the laws, there seems to be a lot of confusion about manufacturing for exports and permissions required for the machinery (most of it is to be made in house). Can legal eagles help? Thank you.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Shivaji.Dasgupta
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Need legal advice / representation for setting air gun ammunition manufacturing facility.

Post by Shivaji.Dasgupta » Sat Jul 22, 2023 3:05 pm

Pls dont mix Ammunition and pellets. For any air gun it's not ammunition. It is pellets. None of the Airgun pellets contain any type of black powder, smokeless or cordite mixtures or any other type of explosive powder as a propellant.
It's simply casted and polished. Some has modifications in tips or coated with some other metal but mostly it's casted Pellets.
If it's under permissible cal then I don't think you have much of a problem. And you are right that it's a small in House production facility required for this production.
Regards

Shivaji

Ken
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: Need legal advice / representation for setting air gun ammunition manufacturing facility.

Post by Ken » Sat Jul 22, 2023 3:23 pm

Shivaji.Dasgupta wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2023 3:05 pm
Pls dont mix Ammunition and pellets. For any air gun it's not ammunition. It is pellets. None of the Airgun pellets contain any type of black powder, smokeless or cordite mixtures or any other type of explosive powder as a propellant.
It's simply casted and polished. Some has modifications in tips or coated with some other metal but mostly it's casted Pellets.
If it's under permissible cal then I don't think you have much of a problem. And you are right that it's a small in House production facility required for this production.
Dasgupta Ji, the 2016 notification has basically scrambled all the general notions. That’s the cause of the confusion. Because Ammunition is the terminology that has made it more difficult to distinguish an inert pellet and a cartridge. Even I don’t want to mixup pellets with ammunition but it’s what I want a clarification for.

drshamsherrana
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by drshamsherrana » Sat Jul 22, 2023 9:51 pm

hi pl send me(pm) your contact number. one of my friend will be great help to you
regards

Ken
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Ken » Sat Jul 22, 2023 10:00 pm

drshamsherrana wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2023 9:51 pm
hi pl send me(pm) your contact number. one of my friend will be great help to you
regards
Thanks, will follow up in some time

Ken
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Ken » Thu Jul 27, 2023 9:55 am

drshamsherrana wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2023 9:51 pm
regards
Sorry Sir, I may be a member of 3-4 years, I do not have enough credentials to send PM’s , please can you send me a PM. Thanks.