Existing IHP 0.22 air rifle in light of new Arms Rule

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
ankur_ank
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: Existing IHP 0.22 air rifle in light of new Arms Rule

Post by ankur_ank » Mon Jul 17, 2023 3:52 pm

Shivaji.Dasgupta wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2023 9:14 am
ankur_ank wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2023 12:24 pm
I applied for a license in March 2023, The whole police station of my area under Dist. South Delhi is in shock as it seems I am the only one in all these years who has applied for an Air Rifle License...
Congrats and All the best for your license Bro. I think you are the first in this forum who officially applied for a .22 AR. Let us know about the proceedings.

Just to mention that one Gun dealer from UP has called me and said that he got fresh supply of .22 pellets. When I asked that how can I purchase as I don't have the license yet. That person replied that the .22 license matter is facing lot of appeal against the rule and court is yet to decide on this matter. So there is no problem on dealers part to sale .22 pellets. I don't know how accurate this information is, so I said no to that guy.
I will surely keep you all posted... As of now, there was an official inquiry by the police station at my residence for which a team of beat constables came to visit my home & took statements of my neighbours. The SHO is yet to send the report to the LA. Waiting for the same... Though the report format sent to the PS via online portal, by LA, was the regular Arms License Police Verification form nowhere mentioning the type of weapon for which the license is applied.

I had to open the portal of license application & show it to the police personnel that I want a permit to have an air rifle, to their dismay. I came to know I am the only one applied the license for an Air Rifle.