Can we own an indian made 9mm sterling carbine on prohibited bore licence in india

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
Anubhav Gupta
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Can we own an indian made 9mm sterling carbine on prohibited bore licence in india

Post by Anubhav Gupta » Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:40 am

My question is can we own a 9mm sterling carbine on prohibited bore licence in india if yes then from where we can get ammunation for it and did anyone ever seen or heard of issuing 9mm sterling carbine to someone on pb licence

For Advertising mail webmaster
Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Can we own an indian made 9mm sterling carbine on prohibited bore licence in india

Post by Vikram » Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:51 pm

There were some cases during the peak of militancy in Punjab and Kashmir where these firearms were issued to civilians. D not even dream of getting one now. :D
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Can we own an indian made 9mm sterling carbine on prohibited bore licence in india

Post by Vineet » Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:08 am

Yes you can own 9mm sterling carbine if you have 'PB rifle' license. I can not say about its availability in Indian market but I know people who own MP5 and M1 .30 Carbine on PB licenses in India.
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.

sourabhsangale
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sourabhsangale » Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:39 pm

Hi vineet . Who owns mp-5 ? In which state ? I am happy to hear that a civilian in india has a mp-5 .

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:01 pm

I would like to know too about owning an MP5. I know of a few owning .30carbines. Cheers.
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

sumbriavikramaditya
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sumbriavikramaditya » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:19 pm

Vineet wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:08 am
Yes you can own 9mm sterling carbine if you have 'PB rifle' license. I can not say about its availability in Indian market but I know people who own MP5 and M1 .30 Carbine on PB licenses in India.
I thought .30 Carbine was NPB.

MAGNUM
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by MAGNUM » Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:19 pm

Yes .30 bore is NP but the action of .30 carbine being semi automatic is prohibited .Semi auto is not allowed for rifles .22 being the only exception . You don't see 9 mm sterling carbines in civilian hands for the same reason that you don't see any other service weapons in civilian hands , these are properties of the govt & as per my knowledge have never been sold/ auctioned for the civilians . All other prohibited category weapons ( including mp5 & glocks) that we see with few civilians are either ones seized from militants or seized & auctioned by the customs . The few service weapons given to civilians in militancy affected area ( Punjab ,n.e ,chattisgarh ,j& k etc) were given in extra ordinary circumstances & most probably without issuing any licences for the same & were subject to being withdrawn by the authorities as & when they deemed so.

Shivaji.Dasgupta
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Shivaji.Dasgupta » Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:41 pm

MAGNUM wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:19 pm
Yes .30 bore is NP but the action of .30 carbine being semi automatic is prohibited .Semi auto is not allowed for rifles .22 being the only exception . You don't see 9 mm sterling carbines in civilian hands for the same reason that you don't see any other service weapons in civilian hands , these are properties of the govt & as per my knowledge have never been sold/ auctioned for the civilians . All other prohibited category weapons ( including mp5 & glocks) that we see with few civilians are either ones seized from militants or seized & auctioned by the customs . The few service weapons given to civilians in militancy affected area ( Punjab ,n.e ,chattisgarh ,j& k etc) were given in extra ordinary circumstances & most probably without issuing any licences for the same & were subject to being withdrawn by the authorities as & when they deemed so.
Yes, I am Totally agreed with MAGNUM. In some states the PB/Service Weapons of Semi Auto was issued under special circumstances but these are again under Govt. Supervision. and not as a property of the user.
Regards

Shivaji

Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vineet » Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:41 pm

MAGNUM wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:19 pm
The MP5, I am referring to, was imported before the import ban in India. It belongs to a senior Congress party leader from Punjab.
Last edited by Vineet on Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vineet Armoury

sourabhsangale
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sourabhsangale » Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:50 pm

The person owning mp-5 is a lucky guy and privileged one on this planet if he is owning that gun in india .
What a master piece that weapon is , had shot almost 200 rounds in US ,Master piece that weapon is .

Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vineet » Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:31 pm

sumbriavikramaditya wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:19 pm
I thought .30 Carbine was NPB.
.30 carbine comes under both, PB and NPB categories.
If carbine is semi auto, then its PB but if its converted to bolt action then its NPB.
Vineet Armoury