Transferring or Buying Guns in India for Carry

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
YODERCAMP
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Transferring or Buying Guns in India for Carry

Post by YODERCAMP » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:33 am

Hello Brothers in Arms

Quick question to all you Gurus, if this has been answered before please point me to the post and I will absorb the knowledge:-)

I am visiting Mumbai and recently acquired US Citizenship but haven’t surrendered Indian passport but will have to do it shortly so wanted to ask for your advice

I wanted to bring my US registered guns to India and keep them in a safe so I can carry them when I visit... if such a thing is even possible

I prefer to practice and carry NATO chambered rounds since mass availability of ammo: Both my primary and back up Guns are Glocks - 17 and 43 both in 9 mm

Rest all I have are collectibles or too tactical - high powered to even transport it out of US like Barrett tactical 50 Cal BMG or Semi auto AR 15 chambered in NATO 556.... yes we have access superior firepower as I live in Virginia, headquarters of the NRA

Anyway gurus any hopes for me to get my Glocks to India, I can spend money and paperwork to hire the right legal paperwork to do it right. Heck I can even prove imminent threat to myself based on some property issues I have been facing in Mumbai and can get witnesses to corroborate the imminent threats if that can make gun transfers easier

Note: I will be on US Passport going forward, I can get PIO card if that is beneficial to my case

Long note but thank you for taking time to read

Best
Vinny
Some pictures attached for viewing pleasure
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

For Advertising mail webmaster
GurnaniM
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: Transferring or Buying Guns in India for Carry

Post by GurnaniM » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:10 am

No, Nope, Nada ..cant do..

only real alt. leave the guns where they are and spend the money on hiring armed PSO while visiting india to deter any threat perception.