How to add one more weapon in the arms license

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
ashokdgp
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

How to add one more weapon in the arms license

Post by ashokdgp » Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:26 pm

I have my license for 1 revolver. My father also have his arms license. Now he is aged so he wants to surrender his license and gift me his revolver. How i can own these 2 revolvers ? How to apply for the same to my licensing authority ?

For Advertising mail webmaster
Mrlearner
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: How to add one more weapon in the arms license

Post by Mrlearner » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:21 pm

Hello,

Under the Arms Rule 2016, you can acquire the weapon of your father under 'heirloom' category. For this purpose, you will have to apply for addition of weapon, mentioning the details of weapon, details of arm license of your father etc, with your licensing authority. You will have to annex the consent of the father, duly attested by Magistrate First Class. Some Licensing Authority may accept this consent attested by Notary. Please check in your area. In the consent of your father, better to add the line that, I undertake to surrender/cancel my arm license after this transfer. This shows bonafide of the person surrendering.

The only condition is (a) license should be 25 years old or (b) the licensee should have attained the age of 70 years. (see Rule 25 (1) (b).
The process is simple and generally accepted because you are keeping a weapon as emotional sentiment for your family.

Caution: The above suggestion has been given in good faith. Will not be able to any responsibility for the action taken subsequent to the above. Regards

Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vineet » Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:57 pm

ashokdgp wrote:I have my license for 1 revolver. My father also have his arms license. Now he is aged so he wants to surrender his license and gift me his revolver. How i can own these 2 revolvers ? How to apply for the same to my licensing authority ?
You will have to check with your district licensing branch. In India, some districts allow 2 revolvers/ 2 rifles/ 2 shotguns and others don't allow.
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.

russianshooter3
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by russianshooter3 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:42 am

Vineet wrote:
ashokdgp wrote:I have my license for 1 revolver. My father also have his arms license. Now he is aged so he wants to surrender his license and gift me his revolver. How i can own these 2 revolvers ? How to apply for the same to my licensing authority ?
You will have to check with your district licensing branch. In India, some districts allow 2 revolvers/ 2 rifles/ 2 shotguns and others don't allow.
In Punjab allowed to? 2 rev 2 shot 2 rifles?

Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vineet » Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:53 pm

In Punjab, its allowed in some districts but in our Fazilka district, it is not allowed.
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.

Ayush_3005
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Ayush_3005 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:54 pm

Is it allowed in jalandhar district of punjab??? Just asking out of curiosity
:)

ASIF007
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by ASIF007 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:54 pm

I clearly remember the Minister of Home Affairs stating in the Parliament that any Licence holder can have 2 weapons - It may be 2 Hand guns . The 3rd weapon has to be deposited within a year subject to certain conditions and exemptions.