Transferring Arms to USA

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Transferring Arms to USA

Post by nagarifle » Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:23 pm

even endergerd spices get a chance to go to frangi land
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Nishith
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Nishith » Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:06 pm

Would like to locate an exporter in India who can assist me in exporting an old family gun, not an antique or of much value but has family meaning. I wish to export to the USA where I live. Gun in Delhi at present

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:35 am

Nishith: You need to read the previous posts in this thread carefully, as well as the linked threads that were provided. The answer to your question is within these posts.
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

sourabhsangale
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sourabhsangale » Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:10 pm

I suggest sell the weapon here for good price there is no point in taking so much headache and no one will cooperate you here .
Sell if of and buy 2-3 more extra with that in usa .

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:56 am

My first question would be; Why?
I understand that you probably have some sentimental attachement to them but it would be like taking coal to Newcastle.

Your best bet would be to talk to an importer of firearms here in the USA. You would need an import permit. The laws can be convoluted and difficult for a layman to understand. Firearms offenses are generally Felonies along with a fine and Jail time. Felons are not allowed to own firearms in the US.
An importer can probably arrange everything legally and make sure that the T's are crossed and that the I"s are dotted.

Do a Google search under "Firearms Importers".
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941