Import of Firearms to be reopened.

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:12 pm

oh even I have a spinner , almost forgot that must blast it after work today. So with your stuff we have almsot five targets all that remains is location...location.

Dev
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

For Advertising mail webmaster
kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:16 pm

dev";p="18564 wrote:oh even I have a spinner , almost forgot that must blast it after work today. So with your stuff we have almsot five targets all that remains is location...location.

Dev
And don 't forget about so many which Mack The Knife have.....sp plenty of targets.. but errrr...no land...

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

mehulkamdar

Re: Import of Firearms to be reopened.

Post by mehulkamdar » Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:21 pm

Gentlemen,

I would like to avoid the Field Target parallel as that is an immediate reference to a vastly more sophisticated sport calling for very expensive air rifles and ranges. The whole idea of this kind of match would be to make this as cheap as possible.

We do not need fancy targets or air rifles here. A compass, a pencil and paper for making targets, some bamboo stakes on which to pin the targets, a National air rifle and some pellets in a largish backyard should be enough. The idea here is to test the skills of the shooters without bringing equipment into play and to popularise a sport that most Indians would be able to afford. The moment more expensive equipment comes into play, we end up keeping people out because of the cost barrier, though, of course, that is not anyone's intention here.

What I hope we could achieve here would be the gilli-danda of the shooting sports, but with the backing of IFG to bring some formality to the whole business. If we could start with localised matches in different parts of India and get some publicity, then we could have a set of guidelines to assist people in other parts of India to organise their own matches without any supervision or support from us. And, once this is established, we could have postal matches where targets could be shipped to an IFG post box for example from different parts of India to judge who the best shooter is in a particular year.

Please keep the suggestions coming. Hopefully, we shall organise something soon and get the relevant publicity in the media.

Cheers!

Pran
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by Pran » Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:53 pm

mehulkamdar";p="18569 wrote:Gentlemen,
we could have postal matches where targets could be shipped to an IFG post box for example from different parts of India to judge who the best shooter is in a particular year.
Mehul,
Sounds like a great idea.

Pran
"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it."

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:13 pm

kanwar76";p="18565 wrote:And don 't forget about so many which Mack The Knife have.....sp plenty of targets.. but errrr...no land...
-Inder
Yeah, right! First I have to pay half the manufacturing cost, then I have to pay my friend half his share of the selling price so that you chaps can use it. Sounds fair. :roll:

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:19 pm

Mack The Knife,

If this plan gets off the ground, I'll be happy to buy some targets for award as prizes to participants. Maybe that would keep the interest in this high?

Pran,

Postal matches are a very popular thing in this part of the world. Absolutely no reason why they should not work in India. If we have an open sighted match format that works, we could have postal matches with people in other countries as well. The only problem would be that people living outside India would have access to vastly superior equipment, which would negate the idea of a match for shooters with bare bones air rifles.

Cheers!

Pran
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by Pran » Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:48 pm

Mehul,
Shouldn't be tough with so many like minded people on the forum.I'm in if the postal matches are organised.

Pran

PS:Mack The Knife, did you use a die to cut the sheet metal for the crow target?
"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it."