Carrying a gun (CCW) in India?

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
Felipe
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Carrying a gun (CCW) in India?

Post by Felipe » Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:44 am

Simple question: I see all these rules here about how to buy and own guns. What about carrying a gun (ie, a loaded handgun for self defense)? Is a special permit needed? How hard is it to get it?

I'm asking out of curiosity; I'm not a resident of India so it's not something I need for myself at this point. I would just like to compare the CCW situation in India with the US and Europe.

For Advertising mail webmaster
mehulkamdar

Re: Carrying a gun (CCW) in India?

Post by mehulkamdar » Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:29 am

Felipe,

A license in India is a license to carry as well as possess a gun. You could have an All India license which would allow carrying a gun throughout the country or a restricted one where you would be able to carry it only in a particular state.

On the whole there is no comparison even between Commiefornia :lol: restrictions and India's ghastly gun ownership laws.

Felipe
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Felipe » Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:27 am

Hey don't be so sure on that. In California, it's quite easy to own a gun, but (depending on where you are) impossible to carry it. If your system is that permit to own = permit to carry, that's not a bad system.

We have our own crazy and pointless laws here, too.